Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Top Ten Scariest Games Available on Xbox One

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 October 18 at 04:10Permalink
    Skridger said:
    I can't play scary games. Love scary movies and whatnot, just something about games that gets me. I think it's the interactivity. As a kid I was fine, but I didn't play games by myself back then, I was always with friends.

The game that made me realize this was FEAR. Bought it new at full release price. A short way into the game there's a window you go in, and a little creepy girl down the hallway. She does the whole zoom right up into your face and I literally fell right out of my computer chair and screamed like a schoolgirl.

Promptly turned the game off, uninstalled it, and never played it again, lol. Now that I'm a solo gamer in my adulthood, I avoid scary games like the plague.
    Same here i love horror movies but the game's get to me.
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 05:00Permalink
    Silent Hill 2 yes but isn't the HD collection really bad? I had several friends tell me not to touch it when it released.
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 06:40Permalink
    Title: ... Available for Xbox one.

First Entry, sylvio: canceld for consoles...
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 06:44Permalink
    I've never played Outlast. Honestly not sure what's kept me away from these types of games. I think I have this idea that it can only be played with like a movie theatre set up and an immaculate headset. Is this correct thinking? I looooove horror movies and horror games. But have yet to play the type of new ish horror 1st person genre if that makes sense.
    Matthew
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 07:04, Edited on 15 October 18 at 07:08 by FightingMegaFooPermalink
    The maker of this list has clearly never played Unravel. It's a body horror game where the main character's intestines are hanging out of his body most of the time. He ties his intestines everywhere to get to otherwise unreachable places.
  • Necromorph11Necromorph11781,782
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 07:56, Edited on 15 October 18 at 07:57 by Necromorph11Permalink
    Zoda iZ Cruel said:
    Title: ... Available for Xbox one.

First Entry, sylvio: canceld for consoles...
    Sylvio is available for consoles.its sequel(Sylvio 2)as mentioned in the article is not. F.E.A.R. could also have appeared in the list.
  • Lord MidasLord Midas262,478
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 08:31Permalink
    I've completed Condemned: Criminal Origins and Dead Space (my top scary game)

I've played some of Alien: Isolation. Was getting too scary to play, so never completed it!! :D
    Hellsteeth!
  • YeltrukYeltruk379,614
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:11Permalink
    No Soma????? shock
  • Kyl3RuthKyl3Ruth285,825
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:17Permalink
    Your buddy DEG said:
    Silent Hill 2 yes but isn't the HD collection really bad? I had several friends tell me not to touch it when it released.
    Um, no? The HD collection is better than the original with slightly improved graphics. No changes at all. You can choose to use new voices or the original voices, that's about all. I recommend picking it up, it's backwards compatible today.
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:33Permalink
    I’m a complete wimp with horror games.

I tried to play slender the arrival once, I had the lights off and surround sound headphones. Not a lot happened in the game but the anticipation and the very well done music had me massively on edge and kept sending chills down my spine. A few screams when I was caught and that was enough for me. Never touched it again.

That being said I am going to go through the evil within soon.
  • bobbybobinhobobbybobinho610,832
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:46Permalink
    only played Alien Isolation on that list, but boy the adrenalin when i played that.

I got Emily Wants to Play and had to put it down after 10 mins as it literally made me feel like my heart was coming out of my chest.

Not sure why us crazy folk want to put ourselves through crapping our pants during our leisure time.
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:46Permalink
    I'd like to see a 360 only game list too :)
  • HieronimusHieronimus405,376
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:53Permalink
    As a fan of the franchise, at least the older films, I really loved Alien Isolation. And do yourself a favor and play SOMA which was strangely omitted on this list.
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 09:56, Edited on 15 October 18 at 09:58 by zzUrbanSpacemanPermalink
    I think I'd have knocked the Silent Hill HD collection off the list because it's basically a re-release. Yes, they have their moments and are seminal horror games, but they've also had plenty of time to make horror best of lists. If you're going to include an indie like Sylvio (which I think is deserved) then Layers of Fear also really deserved a mention here I think.

Emily Wants to Play is just cheap scares and a gimmick. I wouldn't put it on any horror best of lists. It was fun and definitely got you with it's jump scares, but it's not best in class.
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 10:50Permalink
    why the fuck is amnesia the dark descent listed on this site as an adventure game, and not survival horror.
  • EX slay3rEX slay3r238,479
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 10:51Permalink
    Good picks for top 2!
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 11:01Permalink
    JakThaRiPP3R84 said:
    why the fuck is amnesia the dark descent listed on this site as an adventure game, and not survival horror.
    There's a good reason, but I don't remember what it is.
  • elhocidelhocid160,834
    Posted on 15 October 18 at 12:28Permalink
    Also, why Agony is not in the list? I'm scared even by considering the purchase...
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 13:33Permalink
    no layers of fear? that game had me closing to dashboard more often than a grown man should admit, including screaming down my headset to the partychat….. loved it!
  • Posted on 15 October 18 at 13:37Permalink
    Free Riegn said:
    I read that Outlast 2 pales in comparison to what made the first great. I was warned not to waste my money on it (even when it was on sale for a Niner).
    Personally, Outlast 2 went too far with its grotesque shock horror style. For me, Outlast 1 was still not an incredible game, and it asks me to buy into the concept that my character can literally do nothing to defend himself. That's a bit too much for me, especially playing a grown man, but I suppose that's why I find the I-can't-defend-myself horror games just redundant hide-and-seek simulators.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.