The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: October 16th, 2018

• EchelonSixEchelonSix968,414
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 04:52
    Manhatten project.... finally
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33596,159
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 05:13
    Well a lot of this stuff I already have. Might look in to Rock of Ages though.... Any opinions on it?
  • keoskeykeoskey1,788,192
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 05:25
    There's also a Japan game on sale that's not on this list called Virtual-On OT
    [url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
  • atryeu1atryeu1382,602
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 05:31
    Bastian Reader said:
    I've been waiting to get the duke games. Now I own them all.

Does anyone know how good final exam, faery legends of Avalon, and realms of war are?
    I bought the R.A.W game last winter or spring to play with my nephew. For the price it didn't seem like a bad game but the co-op was a massive disappointment :( The 2nd player's levels, items, etc don't get saved so you have to reset the skills each time and collect items to use all over again unless you can remember to give them to the other player before you hit the save point before quitting and not knowing where those points are meant having to gain all those items all over again next time :(
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33596,159
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 05:33, Edited on 16 October 18 at 05:39 by AbyssalOrc33
    keoskey said:
    There's also a Japan game on sale that's not on this list called Virtual-On OT
    That game was part of last week's sale. Sounds like it hasn't changed back to normal price yet.
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney926,273
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 05:57
    Bastian Reader said:

Does anyone know how good final exam, faery legends of Avalon, and realms of war are?
    I thought Final Exam was pretty decent. My roommate and I played through it a few years back and we generally had a good time. As for achievements, there are a few tough ones I doubt I will ever get. You'd need to be pretty good at the game, plus have at least one good co-op partner, I'd say.
  • Darkroder92Darkroder92175,920 175,920 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 05:58
    Why Persona 4 Arena Ultimax DLC are not on the sale i won't buy them for 5$ each one of them
    $True Gaming $
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,432,880
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 06:09
    SUICIDAL SINN3R said:
    Ughfacepalmit'll be a cold day in hell when they finally have DA:inquisition jaws of hakkon DLC on sale againcry
    What do you mean with "again"???
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • The NotoThe Noto597,852
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 06:32
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    Of course Bulletstorm goes on sale, but the DLC doesn't. It almost never does. cry
    This.
  • MjolnerdMjolnerd145,516
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 06:53
    I swear, it's like Microsoft thinks unsold copies of Farming Simulator are taking up physical space in a warehouse somewhere... they know it's all virtual, right? Like, they understand that they don't need to put it on sale over and over in order to free up room for something else?

Bastian Reader said:
    Faery is a fun, though very short and not particularly challenging, RPG. For the price here, it's fantastic (but don't get your hopes up too high -- you do get what you pay for). Even if you hate it, you can 100% it in a single day.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 18 at 08:32
    When I click the TA link to the Xbox site, Rock of Ages is still showing its full price :/ That's UK and US versions.
  • Posted on 16 October 18 at 08:40
    Darkroder92 said:
    Why Persona 4 Arena Ultimax DLC are not on the sale i won't buy them for 5$ each one of them
    when the game first launched,, you could download Adachi and Marie for free for month,then the were 5 bucks each. Margaret came after but she was always 5 bucks,
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje407,821
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 12:25
    Bastian Reader said:

I can only echo what others have said about Faery and RAW. Faery is a better old-school rpg than you'd expect and combines it with a bit of treasure hunting (not unlike Child of Light). It's over too soon, though, and feels like more could have been done to have more content in each of the areas you visit.

RAW is an okay game for a single playthrough, but really starts to overstay its welcome soon after starting the second playthrough when you realize there is hardly any difference at all. Mind-numbing gameplay that goes on for a little too long, although you could also argue that the developers did a nice job making a surprisingly lengthy game that does have a proper story to tell.

Final Exam is, in my opinion, an absolute masterpiece. Get it for this price. A weird package that combines side-scrolling brawling with searching around and a little bit of puzzling. 4 different characters to play as with lots of different skills to use, a wonderful risk vs reward score mechanic and a lot of quirky mission ideas to spice up the gameplay even more. Final Exam never gets the attention it deserves. Even more fun to play co-op, although it's too bad that you're not getting any story segments in multiplayer; that's only for single player.
  • ChunkyKongChunkyKong451,225
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 12:29
    The Noto said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    Of course Bulletstorm goes on sale, but the DLC doesn't. It almost never does. cry
    This.
    +1
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE679,806
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 12:57
    I'll pick up the Manhattan Project and maybe San Andreas
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 18 at 13:19
    Bound by Flame and Orcs & Men for me.
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • VictimOfDesireVictimOfDesire1,972,040
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 13:38
    Same shit, different week. Can we get some 10+ year old DLC that's never been on sale instead?
  • Posted on 16 October 18 at 13:40, Edited on 16 October 18 at 13:41 by Unreal Japster
    darn I JUST bought Bulletstorm cry but other wise its P4AU for me!
    [Bleep bloop!]
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1299,037
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 14:15
    why is farming sim on sale every single week?
  • Bk LuCKY ChaRMSBk LuCKY ChaRMS1,675,309
    Posted on 16 October 18 at 17:32
    I wish Duke nukem 3d went backwards compatible
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.