Game Discussion: SOULCALIBUR VI Forum

Ranked Match Error

AuthorMessage
truenoch
truenoch
Posted on 27 October 18 at 00:52, Edited on 27 October 18 at 00:53 by truenoch
Ultamisia said:
i am NOT factory resetting my console for ONE game..and an online mode at that
This is currently the only known fix, and it is not very known yet. This game is unobtainable for many people unless they do this trick. I tried a lot of different things for many hours, but this was the only thing that worked in the end.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 27 October 18 at 19:35
Ultamisia said:
i am NOT factory resetting my console for ONE game..and an online mode at that
Neither will I, I hope it gets patched!
Dingadilly
Dingadilly
Posted on 28 October 18 at 08:00
Yep. I don't fancy a factory reset. I'm a customer with a broken product. It's not my place to try and duct tape a fix onto something that I paid money for on the assumption that it works.

It is my place to moan and bitch and complain and write poor reviews everywhere until the merchant fixes the problem with the product they sold me that doesn't work properly.

And the longer it takes them to do so, the more I'll moan about after sales support and customer satisfaction.

Thanks for the workaround mind. I'm sure it'll be helpful for folks. But i'm in the above camp.
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 28 October 18 at 09:31
If I did a factory reset I’d have to redownloading over a terabyte of stuff. So no, they can fix their game.
RAINKINGX1
RAINKINGX1
Posted on 28 October 18 at 11:01, Edited on 28 October 18 at 17:14 by RAINKINGX1
I was having the same issue but found something that works for me. Do the normal ranked search and when you search push the guide button. Stay in the guide until the character select screen. I was unable to get one game and kept getting the network error. Now when I open the guide while searching I have already managed to finish all online achievements.

Give it a go and hopefully it works for you as well.

Summary : search for ranked or join casual room. As soon as it finds a opponent push the guide button. Wait until match connects and you choose players , push guide button to return to game.

Video for Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=souB5PiLwq0
KongQuest
KongQuest
Posted on 28 October 18 at 22:23
The factory reset was the only thing that worked for me. I have a couple spare consoles that I don't use, and formatting one was of no loss to me. Ideally you should only do that if a spare is available to you, but if not, waiting on the patch is an option.
Bandai Namco announced on 10/22 that they aware of the issue and are working on it.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 01 November 18 at 09:52
Seriously, it still doesn't work. What the actual fuck..
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 01 November 18 at 18:47
I was desperate and I did a factory reset of my console (whilst keeping my games and apps installeld) and the online for both ranked and casual matches, still gives me a network error. This is BS.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 01 November 18 at 19:22
Unlucky mate, there’s no way I’ll do factory reset for this bollocks. Namco better pull their head out their arse and sort this shit out. It’s doing my actual nut in now.

Two weeks since launch and NOTHING..
yomikun
yomikun
Posted on 05 November 18 at 10:00
Same here.
I don't want to reset my console for this. I'm waiting for the patch.
I managed to make two ranked fights online at the release day, then nothing...
www.mixture-rising.com
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 05 November 18 at 13:16
Supposedly, it could be an issue with created characters and that matchmaking does not like you using WiFi.

I currently use WiFi but I'm going to hook up the ethernet cable to see if my situation changes.

But overall, I am really fed up with the situation, I just don't understand why Bandai Namco ain't saying or doing anything about it.
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 05 November 18 at 14:53
None of my consoles are on wifi, so it ain't that.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 05 November 18 at 14:55
Its Namco being shite.. that is all.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 06 November 18 at 09:55
truenoch said:
Online worked on the Xbox One X, but not my standard Xbox One
FYI, I can't play online at all on the X while my friend on the S manages to play sometimes.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 07 November 18 at 16:13
seriously, this is beyond a joke now..
oNICK SHABEEZYo
Posted on 08 November 18 at 04:38
Agreed... is there any accountability anywhere with this?
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 08 November 18 at 06:34
They are aware apparently when I’ve emailed them and are apparently aware of the REDDIT megathread regarding the matter. Yet I do not see any publication in the matter anywhere when the area of problem
Is so wide.

Fucking sort it out Namco 😩
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 08 November 18 at 07:56
The official account tweeted about an hour ago that they’re working on a fix. The tweets are in Japanese, but a google translate gives you:

【Soul Calibur VI】 Currently, unexpected phenomena are confirmed in battle and online mode. We are considering these fixes and some countermeasures concerning the match-up balance with next update. For these unexpected behaviors, we are planning to investigate and respond in sequence. (to be continued)

(Continued) Investigation, examples of events in handling
· Gauge consumption behavior invoked even if the soul gauge is insufficient
· Tracking performance of some techniques improved under specified conditions
· Match ends with casual match specific conditions
· Search by rank match is not successful
We are sorry for the inconvenience, please wait for a while.
Faustus PHD
Faustus PHD
Posted on 08 November 18 at 08:29
The factory reset worked for one of my 3 X1s, the launch box. You can select to keep all apps and games, so all you lose is your passwords for Netflix, Hulu, etc. Everything else stays the same. Doesn't affect preview program or anything, just refreshes the operating system. I do absolutely agree that we should NOT have to do this, but I am getting tired of being placated by Bandai Namco support.
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 08 November 18 at 10:01
Flabyo said:
The official account tweeted about an hour ago that they’re working on a fix. The tweets are in Japanese, but a google translate gives you:

【Soul Calibur VI】 Currently, unexpected phenomena are confirmed in battle and online mode. We are considering these fixes and some countermeasures concerning the match-up balance with next update. For these unexpected behaviors, we are planning to investigate and respond in sequence. (to be continued)

(Continued) Investigation, examples of events in handling
· Gauge consumption behavior invoked even if the soul gauge is insufficient
· Tracking performance of some techniques improved under specified conditions
· Match ends with casual match specific conditions
· Search by rank match is not successful
We are sorry for the inconvenience, please wait for a while.
This is good news. Hope the patch comes in soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.