Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Forum

Quest Completion Problems - Already Looted Areas

AuthorMessage
StyL Impulse
StyL Impulse
Posted on 20 October 18 at 01:07
So before activating a quest that requires you to search a particular chest(s), 9 times out of 10 you instantly complete the quest however with the blind king DLC and then the Pan Flute and Lyre part of Xenia’s questline where I need to find a quest item in a chest, I’ve already looted the chest yet don’t have the quest item so i seem to be stuck and unable to get the Xenia’s questline achievement. Anyone else having this issue?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 20 October 18 at 11:52, Edited on 20 October 18 at 11:54 by TheMaize
are you sure you opened the chest?
I remember that more than one of those missions, had an additional chest with the questitem, that WASNT one of the 2 required to complete the area.

One of the chests in the xenia questline was also a locked quest. where the key was found on a nearby skeleton. Might be the one you are looking for
StyL Impulse
StyL Impulse
Posted on 21 October 18 at 19:14
TheMaize said:
are you sure you opened the chest?
I remember that more than one of those missions, had an additional chest with the questitem, that WASNT one of the 2 required to complete the area.

One of the chests in the xenia questline was also a locked quest. where the key was found on a nearby skeleton. Might be the one you are looking for
Yeah I watched a video tutorial on the mission to have a look and it’s the exact chest that is included in the location that I’ve already opened so unsure as to how to get the achievement 😂
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 23 October 18 at 03:11
I have this problem with the Blind King.
HitchyNZ
HitchyNZ
Posted on 23 October 18 at 03:25
Apostle92627 said:
That is synchronise points so why the problem? Sometimes you repeat the question in the conversation so you can answer him. Is really easy that one
HitchyNZ
HitchyNZ
Posted on 23 October 18 at 03:28
StyL Impulse said:
So before activating a quest that requires you to search a particular chest(s), 9 times out of 10 you instantly complete the quest however with the blind king DLC and then the Pan Flute and Lyre part of Xenia’s questline where I need to find a quest item in a chest, I’ve already looted the chest yet don’t have the quest item so i seem to be stuck and unable to get the Xenia’s questline achievement. Anyone else having this issue?
Either an additional chest appears or you already have the quest item as I collected Pythagoras theorem before i got the quest so when i accepted the quest, i could already give it to him
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 23 October 18 at 13:40
HitchyNZ said:
Apostle92627 said:
That is synchronise points so why the problem? Sometimes you repeat the question in the conversation so you can answer him. Is really easy that one
I can't get the reward because the chest is already looted. It has nothing to do with the synch points. I'm talking about after the conversation and describing them to Artaxerxes.
JSwartz0181
JSwartz0181
Posted on 25 October 18 at 03:02
HitchyNZ said:
Apostle92627 said:
The synch points is only the first part of the quest -- after you finish, you're sent to collect your reward, which is a treasure to be looted. However, the item isn't a quest item, and instead is a trade item, which can be sold, not knowing it's a "quest" item. If you looted and sold it before that part of the mission, you can't finish the quest (I'm in the same situation).

That said, are you sure you got the lyre and flute? Those weren't actually in chests (I had completed both locations long before getting the mission), and had no problem getting either one.
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 01 November 18 at 09:30
The patch notes for the update that goes live with the first free DLC suggest at least some of these should be fixed. It specifically mentions 'The Blind King' in there.
SANTAGATA
SANTAGATA
Posted on 01 November 18 at 10:51
Did patch fix questlines not showing up too??
Santagata
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 02 November 18 at 08:16
Booted up this morning after the patch, and the Prince of Persia quest completed itself (as I’d already grabbed the reward from the final location before it told me about it).
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 02 November 18 at 17:24
Flabyo said:
Booted up this morning after the patch, and the Prince of Persia quest completed itself (as I’d already grabbed the reward from the final location before it told me about it).
Same here. clap
Snoop QC
Snoop QC
Posted on 30 November 18 at 07:24, Edited on 30 November 18 at 17:38 by Snoop QC
Don't know how patches are supposed to fix things. I have opened Xenia's quest line with the missions to steal the chest and the three side quests after that. I think I have cleared all areas where I need to get Xenia's trinkets (shell, flute, golden feather, etc.) before opening her quest line, so now she doesn't give me anything. I'm currently in chapter 6 and I have to go back to Athens and I didn't sell any junk items in my inventory. Will it unlock later in the next chapter? Same goes with Hypocrate...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.