Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Like That Horror Game? Watch This Horror Movie!

AuthorMessage
Zilockz
Zilockz
Posted on 20 October 18 at 22:12
this is pretty on point, nice.
Unrehearsed
Unrehearsed
Posted on 20 October 18 at 22:52
i still wish it follows would've been better. the premise and the setting was great but half way in everything fell apart, when that dude got raped by his mom and the ending was aweful.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 20 October 18 at 23:21
Im a massive fan of horror, and if you want some good horrors to watch, not the usual critique list of bullshit you find anywhere just by googling. check theese out.

good low budget: Terrifier, There are Monsters, Late Phases, The Evil in Us.

epic found footage: Cold Ground, The Houses October Built, Evidence, The Borderlands, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Exists, Grave Encounters, Gonjam: Haunted Asylum

straight up savage: Switchblade Romance, Inside, Martyrs, A Serbian Film, Feed.
Chief0fZombies
Posted on 20 October 18 at 23:25
LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
Dead Space- The Thing
Friday the 13th- Halloween
Alien: Isolation- A Quiet Place
Bee Movie- The Wicker Man (2006)
Resident Evil 7- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Left 4 Dead- Train to Busan
Outlast- [Rec]
Metro- The Descent
Bee Movie laugh laugh laugh
Looking to clean up the 360 backlog this year.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 21 October 18 at 00:33
JakThaRiPP3R84 said:
Im a massive fan of horror, and if you want some good horrors to watch, not the usual critique list of bullshit you find anywhere just by googling. check theese out.

good low budget: Terrifier, There are Monsters, Late Phases, The Evil in Us.

epic found footage: Cold Ground, The Houses October Built, Evidence, The Borderlands, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Exists, Grave Encounters, Gonjam: Haunted Asylum

straight up savage: Switchblade Romance, Inside, Martyrs, A Serbian Film, Feed.
I’ve seen several of these and even liked a few, just didn’t think they had strong gaming analogs. I’ve been wanting to watch Terrifier but the key art on Netflix scares my partner too much for her to watch.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 21 October 18 at 00:35
Below you'll find a list of horror video games and the movies that accompany them quite nicely, like candy corn and the garbage can.
laugh

I'll drink to that! toast

Prey -> Night Of The Creeps, perhaps?
Streets Ahead

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 21 October 18 at 00:42, Edited on 21 October 18 at 00:50 by
28 days later
28 weeks later
V/H/S 1,2 both pretty good
The descent 1,2

There's a tv show on netflix called
The haunting of house hill it's surprising really good tv show
DGMpayne
DGMpayne
Posted on 21 October 18 at 00:56
LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
I can't recommend anyone watch any part of that movie other than the bee helmet and Nic Cage's woman beating rampage. Those are the only parts ANYONE needs to see... laugh
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 21 October 18 at 01:23, Edited on 21 October 18 at 01:32 by Mannschaft570
If you liked Deadly Premonition, watch Twin Peaks. Even if it's not a movie.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 21 October 18 at 01:30
It follows was dumb
alanp9
alanp9
Posted on 21 October 18 at 01:39
Great list and suggestions. It's been well over a decade since I saw Jacob's Ladder, and this has inspired me to revisit it.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 21 October 18 at 02:04
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
Fooga said:
I loved House of the Devil. That recreation of the late 70’s and early 80’s thrillers is my favorite genre right now.

If you like Ti West, try Adam Wingard’s films. They worked together on V/H/S and West even starred in Wingard’s ‘You’re Next’. My favorite of his is ‘The Guest’. They’re both fantastic films.
I’ve been meaning to watch The Guest. Another good one like You’re Next is The Invitation. I finally watched it two weeks ago after passing over it for years and I loved it.
Love The Guest. Managed to see a critic screening here in Miami, and Adam Wingard was there with Dan Stevens. I knew watching it that he was gonna blow up as an actor over here. Sure enough, he was in Legion and Beauty and the Beast not too long after. laugh

Invitation is sick as well. I wonder what game you could pair with that one?
earlofillusion
Posted on 21 October 18 at 02:42
Woah, someone else who enjoyed V/H/S?? It's not often I run into those. I like you, Delaney.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 21 October 18 at 03:50, Edited on 21 October 18 at 03:54 by FightingMegaFoo
If you liked playing Unravel, watch The Fly or any of the Saw movies.
Mr Chaotix
Mr Chaotix
Posted on 21 October 18 at 04:00
lol The House of the Devil is complete garbage, like 90% of the movie is a girl doing nothing and occasionally dancing, no thanks.
AlterPred
AlterPred
Posted on 21 October 18 at 04:06
LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
Dead Space- The Thing
Friday the 13th- Halloween
Alien: Isolation- A Quiet Place
Resident Evil 7- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Left 4 Dead- Train to Busan
Outlast- [Rec]
Metro- The Descent
clap

also Honeymoon kinda sucked imho, the kind of slow burn indie flick that critics love but the average film watcher will grow bored with and leave unimpressed.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 21 October 18 at 04:48
Not sure what game it'd be lol but a great lil halloween movie is Trick R Treat 😁👍 And I just got back from seeing the new Halloween....soooo good!! 😈
Matthew
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 21 October 18 at 05:55
Cabin Fever anyone?

Paaaaaaaaaaancakes.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 21 October 18 at 07:12
I tought that you would place Kindergarten Cop for the Silent Hill references.
@ReForce
StormyAsh0450
StormyAsh0450
Posted on 21 October 18 at 07:25
Great to see a nod given to Jacob's Ladder, one of my favorite movies from so long ago... whenever I recommend it I get blank stares, even from people my own age. At one point it felt like I must have been the only person in the world who saw it or even heard of it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.