Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Defiance 2050: Trouble in Paradise, Crusader Class, Hulker Hell and Sieges Live

• Posted on 20 October 18 at 21:06
    Because the patch and event launched late on Xbox, they're supposed to extend it, but there hasn't been a confirmation post to that effect just yet.

Also, I haven't crashed from a siege yet.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,309
    Posted on 20 October 18 at 23:41
    obtuse language said:
    Because the patch and event launched late on Xbox, they're supposed to extend it, but there hasn't been a confirmation post to that effect just yet.

Also, I haven't crashed from a siege yet.
    Pathetic it took them so long to make that happen...it's been months since they removed them, if I remember right.

Maybe I'll come back to the game and see if it sucks a little less.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Posted on 21 October 18 at 00:05
    It does suck a little less. But it'll still probably be an update or two for it to be a fairly tolerable kind of suck. There's still a lot they just didn't get around to yet.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • Posted on 21 October 18 at 06:08
    Still rocking Defiance on the X360

Game is dying but fun to play with clannys
    I only recommend if you have friends to play with
    1776 Worldwide
  • ZNMSZNMS568,909
    Posted on 21 October 18 at 07:33
    I'll give it a year, like I have with Destiny 2. The new Forsaken update has been a breath of fresh air. Maybe sometime in 2019, Defiance 2050 will be become better and all of the achievements will be obtainable.
    #1 in the world for Laser kills in the Halo Reach - Anniversary BTB playlist (Halotracker.com)
  • DeceptiveTenDeceptiveTen1,211,776
    Posted on 21 October 18 at 20:48
    27,000 PLUS KILLS STILL NO PROTOTYPES BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave up on Defiance until shit changes
    deceptiveten
  • Posted on 21 October 18 at 21:12
    DeceptiveTen said:
    27,000 PLUS KILLS STILL NO PROTOTYPES BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave up on Defiance until shit changes
    I'm at roughly 84,000. I have 28,000+ kills in Hellbugs alone. Not a single prototype yet. laugh

They say they'll add more ways to get prototypes, but they like where the drop rates are now. Any good OJ will outperform a prototype anyways, which IMO makes their rarity even sillier, but it is what it is. Most of them aren't worth living or dying by. There are various things you can do to improve odds... high grade kills, group members/clanmates being nearby, and they have talked about a karma system for prototypes (increase odds if it's been awhile). But even with all that, it's still gonna be a pain.
  • FroZeNSouLFroZeNSouL603,524
    Posted on 22 October 18 at 01:01
    While update has fixed some things, its also broken some.
    Does anyone expect anything less from Trion.

One thats annoying me, is now when i switch loadout, it doesnt switch the slected class, especially annoying when going into pvp and need a particular build.
    Also the framerate on new Hulker Hell event can drop below 20fps, even if its for a few seconds, it sicks out.
    Hulker Hell + return of many user means on & off server lag, so relogging has to be done infrequently. You will notice when trying to revive someone, open chest or ammo box, get in/out car or opening map. Each can take 2 sec at its worst

This isnt a new issue either, which brings me to the most greevous part of all this. Majorority of bugs are same we had 5 yrs ago when Def13 came out.

That being said, im still playing, doing dailies/weeklies, doing events, slowly powering up. For most part its smoother than x360 and more stable, I cannot go back to the 360s 2hr downloading and installing patches,constant server lag & constant fps dips. No thankyou
    We just need Trion to fix the game fully THEN work on improvements, not just add more.

And no, theres atleast still 3 unobtainables, but some are fixed
  • Posted on 22 October 18 at 02:00
    Defiant Few should be fixed, but we don't remove Unobtainable unless someone has obtained it, so we're waiting the 50 days for that now.

One major thing that everyone needs to be aware of with the update is that your keys can disappear if you change phases. The moment you get a key, log out so it sticks to your profile, but I'm not sure if this will fix it permanently. Numerous people this morning complaining about losing keys, including a clan member who lost 5 of hers after changing phase coming out of a co-op.
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,746,384
    Posted on 22 October 18 at 05:45
    I tried to warn people off Defiance in my review of the 360 version and in an early thread or two on this one. Trion worlds are trash at properly supporting the game. I just dont understand why anyone wouldve rolled the dice on thr XB1 version after the shitshow the 360 version was.
  • Fuzzmeister JFuzzmeister J1,006,399
    Posted on 22 October 18 at 17:04, Edited on 22 October 18 at 17:05 by Fuzzmeister J
    Are rep boosts working? I hear they don't work at least on pc/ps4.
  • Posted on 22 October 18 at 17:55
    I don't spend money on the game, and my clan doesn't have its 5% boost, so I couldn't tell you if it works. I wouldn't bother tbh anyways with the 50 Daily required for Defiant Few.
  • Posted on 22 October 18 at 19:04
    Pretty sure rep boosts are working. I'll test later once the weeklies reset, our clan has had the 3k 5% clan boost and a paid 5% clan boost for weeks. Weekly should give 55, if it's working.
  • Posted on 22 October 18 at 19:31, Edited on 22 October 18 at 19:32 by Shadow Kisuragi
    That sounds awesome. In the mean time, if anyone wants to try for Kent Docks Gold, let me know. It'll likely require 3+ players to obtain, as you can't break multiplier to obtain it.
  • Posted on 22 October 18 at 20:29
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    That sounds awesome. In the mean time, if anyone wants to try for Kent Docks Gold, let me know. It'll likely require 3+ players to obtain, as you can't break multiplier to obtain it.
    Shameless plug, but I do have a session up for Saturday, if you want to check that out.

Also can confirm, rep is still being boosted, so that's not broken. Amazing that waiting an extra three days for the update avoided most of the major issues that other platforms got...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads