The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Shocktober Sale Roundup 2018

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead484,552
  • capicawlcapicawl542,791
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 11:59Permalink
    Battlefield 1 DLC is free? Nice! I’ll grab that layers of fear DLC as well because I’ll be starting that soon.
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 12:18Permalink
    Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is awesome. Any Castlevania fans out there, don't miss it!
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 12:22Permalink
    That Dead Rising triple pack is tempting.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • acedawg4acedawg41,546,017
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 12:26Permalink
    WARNING - DO NOT BUY AGONY!!!!
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 12:43Permalink
    MushaConvoy said:
    Ive been playing them recently, I really struggled with RE0 and 1 despite loving them back in the day. Going back to that control system and game style was too much.

RE4, 5, 6 all still hold up really well, I enjoyed 6 a lot more than I expected. Revs 1 looks great too. Still not sure how I feel about going first person for 7, will have to get back to you there ;)
    I'm not too bothered with old-school controls, I enjoy going back to them from time to time :)

I would think a change to 1st person would revamp the whole 'horror' aspect of the game, after a string of 3rd person 'horror' o:

RadiantViper said:
    The series is kind of all over the place in terms of tone and playability. But regardless, I would recommend RE4. It was my first RE game and I loved it. Somewhat dated now but still great fun, it's the father to all modern third person shooter games.
    I'd want to play them in an order where I can tell what's happening in the story, and not being confused by bouncing around them out of order. Someday I will get around to playing them all :)
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 12:47Permalink
    acedawg4 said:
    Why not?
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,091,901
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 13:02Permalink
    Is it me or are all these "sale" prices really high? £25 for Dead Rising 4? You can get a new physical copy on EBAY for £11.50. I could go on but yeah, very inflated.
  • Cr4ck Sh0t23Cr4ck Sh0t23896,646
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 13:04Permalink
    RadiantViper said:
    HappyTheDevil said:
    I've always been interested in the Resident Evil games, but I have no idea what order to play them...
    The series is kind of all over the place in terms of tone and playability. But regardless, I would recommend RE4. It was my first RE game and I loved it. Somewhat dated now but still great fun, it's the father to all modern third person shooter games.
    Adding on to his comment, I would also recommend the original resident evil (re1). Even better if you can get the playstation version laugh.

But seriously RE4 and RE1 are both great games. Though RE1 has fixed cameras, it gives a good story of the horror that is beginning and strong necessity for item management.
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1181,400
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 13:23Permalink
    HappyTheDevil said:
    I've always been interested in the Resident Evil games, but I have no idea what order to play them...
    Play RE1 first.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper760,864
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 13:28Permalink
    HappyTheDevil said:
    MushaConvoy said:
    Ive been playing them recently, I really struggled with RE0 and 1 despite loving them back in the day. Going back to that control system and game style was too much.

RE4, 5, 6 all still hold up really well, I enjoyed 6 a lot more than I expected. Revs 1 looks great too. Still not sure how I feel about going first person for 7, will have to get back to you there ;)
    I'm not too bothered with old-school controls, I enjoy going back to them from time to time :)

I would think a change to 1st person would revamp the whole 'horror' aspect of the game, after a string of 3rd person 'horror' o:

RadiantViper said:
    I'd want to play them in an order where I can tell what's happening in the story, and not being confused by bouncing around them out of order. Someday I will get around to playing them all :)
    Play them in release order if you want to focus on the story. But honestly, while RE has returning characters and connecting threads, you can play most of the main games and understand what's happening without playing the previous ones.

RE4 especially, very standalone plot.
  • Tendoman77Tendoman771,866,857
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 13:50Permalink
    None of the Outbreak games on sale in the UK? Well that sucks.
  • Boss ComplexBoss Complex607,498
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 13:58Permalink
    HappyTheDevil said:
    just throwing in my 2 cents.

first resident evil game i played was RE5, it gets alot of hate for "moving away" from the survival horror focus of the first few games, but the game itself is alot of fun especially if you have a coop partner.. 5 & 6 are more Third person shooters than survival horror games. (although they of course have survival horror elements.)
    6 is pretty much just like 5 gameplay wise, but with 4 separate intersecting campaign stories.

Revelations is "more like" the survival horror oriented first few games , as well as revelations 2. slight 3PS influence on gameplay.

1 Remastered & 0 Remastered, both have fixed camera angles (and choice between old tank controls, and "newer" style controls) much harder games than 5 onwards, lots of puzzles and tight hallways.

resident evil 4 (HD version on xbox 360), is a really good game in general, people talk about this game even til this day.

operation raccoon city - AVOID this game. bland 3PS, non cannon, what if scenario, bad controls etc. personally id say the game can be "fun", but the cutscenes/story (what there is of one) was "interesting". id say worth a quick play through.

code veronica, another "original" resident evil title, more emphasis on survival horror like 1 & 0. story behind the t-veronica strain of t-virus.

7 i have not had the chance to play yet, heard its alot more like the survival horror resident evil games. 2 & 3 i also have not played as i am waiting for the upcoming remaster of 2 and eventual remaster of 3.

WITH all that said, regardless STORYWISE its VERY HARD to keep up with the lore, and whats going on/ happened between games. your best bet would be to watch a Full re timeline video on youtube.

as far as what ORDER to best play them in, it really depends.

0-1-2-code veronica-3-4-revelations-5-revelations 2-6-7
    ( not including DLC which are all over the place timeline wise, example one of the DLCs for 5, is actually the prologue to the whole game. i believe revelations had DLC set in-between the main game events as well)
    ( and op raccoon city would take place between 2 & 3, but it is not cannon)

didn't intend to write that much starting out, but oh well, enjoy the ramble ;)
    BigBoss
  • witter56witter56514,284
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 14:14Permalink
    Why are the 2 telltale games still on sale? Didn't they go out of order?
  • Vok 250Vok 250201,143
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 14:23Permalink
    Raptures Lost said:
    Is it me or are all these "sale" prices really high? £25 for Dead Rising 4? You can get a new physical copy on EBAY for £11.50. I could go on but yeah, very inflated.
    MS hasn't had a big adjustment to regular prices in over a year so most old games are completely overpriced. Even when significantly on sale, physical prices are often better.

2014 through 2017 I bought almost exclusively digital, but this past year I've pretty much only bought physical because the prices have been so much better. Not sure why, but big box stores seem to be liquidating all their Xbox One stock in my country. Meanwhile MS/Publishers have been really stubborn about their digital prices. Just last month I picked up a stack of games for $10-15 each at Walmart that are all still prices at $60 or more online.
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 15:12Permalink
    No Costume Quest?

That's the most Halloweenish game I can imagine.
  • vSullyvSully799,923
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 15:13Permalink
    It's hard not to buy a playable game for $1.50. That's why I own over 200 game that I've not yet played.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82379,498
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 15:37Permalink
    Venom Weapon X6 said:
    acedawg4 said:
    Why not?
    gotta agree here, If you claim loud and clear not to buy a game, at least bring up an argument explaining why. And something else than : "OM My god ! It sucks too much, I can't even !!1".
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483192,316
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 15:48Permalink
    Yazite said:
    Is there any point in getting Alien Isolation Collection instead of just the base game? I see the game doesn't have any DLC achievements.
    Not unless you're a big Alien fan. Along with the main campaign there's also a mode in the base game where you can play through some short standalone scenarios as different characters with different objectives. None of which have achievements. The DLC simply adds more of these, including the scenarios from the film where the Nostromo crew are trying the flush the alien out of the vents, and when Ripley has to escape the Nostromo. I've not played them but those 2 sound cool where as the others don't seem much.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • x Mr BuRNz ox Mr BuRNz o346,636
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 16:32Permalink
    still £25 for dead rising 4! LMAO imagine charging that as a standard price let alone a sale price! game is worth £10 max
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.