Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and Tropico 4 Now Backward Compatible

  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 18:00Permalink
    Fair warning, as someone who has completed most of the Lego series, this Lego game was one of the harder ones to complete because of those no death achievements. It's also one of the more frustrating since it was before they really figured out their formula.
  • YODA12320YODA123201,415,506
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,578
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 18:16Permalink
    Awesome to see Lego Star Wars II go up on the marketplace, and for a reasonable price too. Pretty much impossible to find physical copies of that game these days; I think it went out of print when the Complete Saga came out a year later.

    chucknorris3435 said:
    why is lego star wars 2 back compat. who asked for that the complete saga is objectively better. might get it anyway for the cheevos
    A couple different Microsoft folks have said on Twitter that their goal is to make as many games BC as possible. That's why they're still working on games that have Xbox One ports as well.
  • klobeastklobeast498,065
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 18:33Permalink
    Is there a list of games that AREN'T backwards compatible? I'm still hoping for a digital copy of 'The Simpsons game' to come out so I can get the last achievement!
  • KrakenScorchKrakenScorch202,926
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 18:39Permalink
    Awesome, was waiting and hoping for that Lego SW to make the list smile
    Death is only the beginning_
  • Tatl360Tatl360222,553
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 18:58Permalink
    hmm, this Lego game is not on the brazilian marketplace.

    If it appears on the brazilian marketplace it will possibly be given as a games with gold.
    Many games appeared years later for that.
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 19:04Permalink
    Maybe with star wars 2 backwards no it will fix the freezing that makes the no death Cheevos easier to do since it hopefully won't freeze as much
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead501,360
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 19:13, Edited on 23 October 18 at 19:17 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Awesome to see Lego Star Wars II go up on the marketplace, and for a reasonable price too. Pretty much impossible to find physical copies of that game these days; I think it went out of print when the Complete Saga came out a year later.
    Back in 2007, when video libraries still existed I rented this game for a week. Five years later I joined TA and started working on my completion percentage. I had to hunt down a copy of this game so that I could complete it.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • wookieepuppywookieepuppy483,948
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 19:18Permalink
    Lego star wars II THE COMPLETE SAGA is already backwards compatible....it includes phantom menace etc...so has all 6 films..the “originals” and the prequels.

    The game mentioned in this article only contains the “original” films ...a new hope, empire strikes back and return of the jedi.

    THE COMPLETE SAGA versioN is much better, in my opinion. If you don’t have one or the other, I recommend getting that one.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead501,360
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 19:27Permalink
    chucknorris3435 said:
    why is lego star wars 2 back compat. who asked for that the complete saga is objectively better.
    Just because it’s a game you don’t own doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there that do own it. Who knows, perhaps they will make LEGO Star Wars The Prequel Trilogy BC!
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf422,746
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 19:48Permalink
    now can we get WWE all stars so I don't have to buy it for 30$ from ebay?
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 19:49Permalink
    My first 1000GS game (though the Quake II bonus disc would technically be my first 100% game). Ah memories.

    In a way, I almost prefer the 2 separate games over the Complete Saga. It was nice using Dex’s Diner in the first game as the hub, and of course II with only the original movies. TCS is a great collection though, but I wonder if they are bringing the first game and other Xbox Originals to the BC program soon.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,578
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 20:40Permalink
    Killersquirelz said:
    Fair warning, as someone who has completed most of the Lego series, this Lego game was one of the harder ones to complete because of those no death achievements. It's also one of the more frustrating since it was before they really figured out their formula.
    I looked at a couple of the achievement guides, and there are "ghost" characters who are more or less invincible that you can use. Those characters can also be unlocked with cheats, which apparently don't disable achievements.

    klobeast said:
    I'm still hoping for a digital copy of 'The Simpsons game' to come out so I can get the last achievement!
    I suppose it's possible, since EA still has the Simpsons license, but going backwards compatible doesn't guarantee a digital release.

    wookieepuppy said:
    THE COMPLETE SAGA versioN is much better, in my opinion. If you don’t have one or the other, I recommend getting that one.
    But this is an achievement site, so people love to double dip.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58400,506
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 20:55Permalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    klobeast said:
    I'm still hoping for a digital copy of 'The Simpsons game' to come out so I can get the last achievement!
    I suppose it's possible, since EA still has the Simpsons license, but going backwards compatible doesn't guarantee a digital release.
    While it doesn't guarantee it, it does make it all the more likely to happen since they would have to have a digital version in order to distribute for BC on the One. Most games that did not initially have a digital version got one after the game became BC (if not before) - see Doom 3 BFG as an example. And if they can distribute the BC version, then why not sell it as well to garner more sales and justify the existence of a digital version?
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper784,087
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 21:14Permalink
    The only mildly difficult LEGO game to complete! Not including the Rock Band one of course.
  • KameraKamera589,706
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 21:18, Edited on 23 October 18 at 21:18 by KameraPermalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Killersquirelz said:
    Fair warning, as someone who has completed most of the Lego series, this Lego game was one of the harder ones to complete because of those no death achievements. It's also one of the more frustrating since it was before they really figured out their formula.
    I looked at a couple of the achievement guides, and there are "ghost" characters who are more or less invincible that you can use. Those characters can also be unlocked with cheats, which apparently don't disable achievements.
    He's mostly referring to this achievement...

    LEGO Star Wars II: The Original TrilogyDeath Star II - undefeated.The Death Star II - undefeated. achievement in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy worth 76 pointsComplete this level without dying. No Extras should be turned on.
  • NeoSm0keNeoSm0ke178,398
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 21:59, Edited on 23 October 18 at 21:59 by NeoSm0kePermalink
    Yesterday I was literally thinking that Tropico 4 should be made BC because I wanted to play it... Guess my prayers have been heard! :)
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 22:23Permalink
    Cool! I'll be adding Tropico 4 to my bean dive for next year.
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 22:26Permalink
    Kamera said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Killersquirelz said:
    Fair warning, as someone who has completed most of the Lego series, this Lego game was one of the harder ones to complete because of those no death achievements. It's also one of the more frustrating since it was before they really figured out their formula.
    I looked at a couple of the achievement guides, and there are "ghost" characters who are more or less invincible that you can use. Those characters can also be unlocked with cheats, which apparently don't disable achievements.
    He's mostly referring to this achievement...

    LEGO Star Wars II: The Original TrilogyDeath Star II - undefeated.The Death Star II - undefeated. achievement in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy worth 76 pointsComplete this level without dying. No Extras should be turned on.
    I hope the walkthrough can alleviate the frustration a little bit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.