Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and Tropico 4 Now Backward Compatible

• MellmerMellmer242,468
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 22:35Permalink
    Kamera said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Killersquirelz said:
    Fair warning, as someone who has completed most of the Lego series, this Lego game was one of the harder ones to complete because of those no death achievements. It's also one of the more frustrating since it was before they really figured out their formula.
    I looked at a couple of the achievement guides, and there are "ghost" characters who are more or less invincible that you can use. Those characters can also be unlocked with cheats, which apparently don't disable achievements.
    He's mostly referring to this achievement...

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original TrilogyDeath Star II - undefeated.The Death Star II - undefeated. achievement in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy worth 76 pointsComplete this level without dying. No Extras should be turned on.
    I've had this game since day 1 of my Xbox 360, and still don't have this achievement. It's the only one I have left and is a pain in the ass.

Hopefully the better controller on the XB1 makes this that much easier.
  • Posted on 23 October 18 at 22:44Permalink
    Maybe I'll have better luck getting those last 4 deathless run achievements in The Original Trilogy on an Xbox One rather than a 360 laugh
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,578
    Posted on 23 October 18 at 23:17Permalink
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    klobeast said:
    I'm still hoping for a digital copy of 'The Simpsons game' to come out so I can get the last achievement!
    I suppose it's possible, since EA still has the Simpsons license, but going backwards compatible doesn't guarantee a digital release.
    While it doesn't guarantee it, it does make it all the more likely to happen since they would have to have a digital version in order to distribute for BC on the One. Most games that did not initially have a digital version got one after the game became BC (if not before) - see Doom 3 BFG as an example. And if they can distribute the BC version, then why not sell it as well to garner more sales and justify the existence of a digital version?
    Actually, Doom 3 BFG Edition is an example of what I was saying. It's still not and has never been available digitally.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/DOOM-3-BFG-Editio...
  • Posted on 24 October 18 at 00:12Permalink
    Mellmer said:
    Kamera said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Killersquirelz said:
    Fair warning, as someone who has completed most of the Lego series, this Lego game was one of the harder ones to complete because of those no death achievements. It's also one of the more frustrating since it was before they really figured out their formula.
    I looked at a couple of the achievement guides, and there are "ghost" characters who are more or less invincible that you can use. Those characters can also be unlocked with cheats, which apparently don't disable achievements.

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original TrilogyDeath Star II - undefeated.The Death Star II - undefeated. achievement in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy worth 76 pointsComplete this level without dying. No Extras should be turned on.
    I've had this game since day 1 of my Xbox 360, and still don't have this achievement. It's the only one I have left and is a pain in the ass.

The original trilogy ones are much better than the prequel ones in the Complete Saga, so I'd recommend this over Complete Saga. However, they may have fixed issues in the Complete Saga version - not sure.
  • Guile132Guile132435,896
    Posted on 24 October 18 at 01:45Permalink
    Good luck to all the ines who're achievement grinding on Lego Star Wars Trilogy. 😂😂😂
    Achievements are gotten everyday whether it's game related, or real life.
  • Posted on 24 October 18 at 03:36Permalink
    It will deff feel better on the Xbox One now. My hands ache sometimes from switching console controllers. Xbox One just feels awesome.
  • Posted on 24 October 18 at 08:09Permalink
    8/29 achievements for this one. If it goes GWG, I'll gladly pop a few more..
  • segagamersegagamer421,659 421,659 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 October 18 at 08:09Permalink
    WanderingPlotor said:
    Mellmer said:
    Kamera said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Killersquirelz said:

The original trilogy ones are much better than the prequel ones in the Complete Saga, so I'd recommend this over Complete Saga. However, they may have fixed issues in the Complete Saga version - not sure.
    I remember that achievement being a little more difficult than the rest but within a few tries you should have it done. It's not that hard.
  • Jet KlaatuJet Klaatu263,212
    Posted on 24 October 18 at 08:36Permalink
    Finally!
  • Posted on 24 October 18 at 10:58Permalink
    Mine isn't showing on X-one... guess it's on the US version that's BC...
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw513,310
    Posted on 24 October 18 at 12:59Permalink
    infamousSparkle said:
    Wasn't aware that region specific areas obtained backwards compatibility and not all... I'll check on my X-Box One after work here in the UK as I own the game on disc.
  • CRUM LEECRUM LEE459,931
    Posted on 24 October 18 at 13:22Permalink
    Good news! Pretty sure I bought Tropico in a sale at one point
  • Posted on 24 October 18 at 21:28Permalink
    Maw N Paw said:
    infamousSparkle said:
    Wasn't aware that region specific areas obtained backwards compatibility and not all... I'll check on my X-Box One after work here in the UK as I own the game on disc.
    It's showing up now. Thanks though :)
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,578
    Posted on 25 October 18 at 01:08Permalink
    infamousSparkle said:
    Maw N Paw said:
    infamousSparkle said:
    It's showing up now. Thanks though :)
    Last I heard, Symphony of the Night was the only BC game that doesn't have every international variant BC; the Japanese version isn't BC.

They don't always make every version BC at launch though; sometimes it takes a few days or weeks.

Of course, also, a lot of the "it doesn't work for me" comments are just somebody who hasn't done a hard reset yet.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285290,376
    Posted on 25 October 18 at 02:17, Edited on 25 October 18 at 02:18 by EazyE2285Permalink
    Logged in today to see I own and have apparently played Tropico 4 at some point. Even got 15 out of 50 achievements and also own the DLC. I guess I'll revisit El Presidente sometime in the future laugh
  • boldfoxrdboldfoxrd389,149
    Posted on 25 October 18 at 22:34Permalink
    Yeah the Death Star escape is really hard but hearts don't disappear like in the other flying levels but with a lot of knowing the routes and some luck it will be fine. Just use ghost Jedi for non flying levels but don't fall off a cliff or get crushed.
    rdenton85 that is my ps3 id
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.