Game Discussion: SOULCALIBUR VI Forum

How do you beat the ancient?

AuthorMessage
mossfan563
mossfan563
Posted on 25 October 18 at 05:42
The Ancient in Libra of Souls is a joke.
I’m always getting beat because the CPU does 3x the normal damage thanks to the modifiers.

Is there an easy way to beat this person? So far 73 people have done it...
FDRWilson
FDRWilson
Posted on 25 October 18 at 21:40
I was somehow able to beat but only after I was several levels about it's level. had high level food and a decent sword. I might have thrown a mercenary at it as well. they'll die but they'll give your first match a fighting chance and then you have to just luckily beat it a 2nd time. I'll agree though this game is cheap as hell. and broken... I still cant play an online match.
FDRWilson
FDRWilson
Posted on 28 October 18 at 19:48, Edited on 28 October 18 at 19:53 by FDRWilson
One thing you may want to try is yellow tea. It's a food item sold at the first town Dkaka. I don't know it if the town has to be be fully leveled first but it's there at max rank. What the food does is give you unlimited soul charge once it's activated. You still have to charge it up first by either combat or losing a match first but once it's activated you've got it for the remainder of the fight. I used that to spam the crap out of soul charge moves on the ancient on my second character and took them down a lot easier. The only downside is that it is sold for 7200 gold so it's costly but it helps a lot.
mossfan563
mossfan563
Posted on 29 October 18 at 17:53
FDRWilson said:
One thing you may want to try is yellow tea. It's a food item sold at the first town Dkaka. I don't know it if the town has to be be fully leveled first but it's there at max rank. What the food does is give you unlimited soul charge once it's activated. You still have to charge it up first by either combat or losing a match first but once it's activated you've got it for the remainder of the fight. I used that to spam the crap out of soul charge moves on the ancient on my second character and took them down a lot easier. The only downside is that it is sold for 7200 gold so it's costly but it helps a lot.
Thank you for the tips.

I ended up spending gold on a level 90 mercenary and kept retrying until I got lucky.
The time I won, the mercenary won a round and took the ancient down to half in the second round and then I got lucky and somehow finished the ancient off.
SpiderGeorge
SpiderGeorge
Posted on 16 November 18 at 18:45
I found a way to beat any battle with Cervantes. check out my clips for this game, I just do the 2 bison style moves over and over until they are dead. I beat all the libra of souls doing it.
I'm a winner
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 20 November 18 at 12:41
SpiderGeorge said:
I found a way to beat any battle with Cervantes. check out my clips for this game, I just do the 2 bison style moves over and over until they are dead. I beat all the libra of souls doing it.
This is the best strategy but you don't need to do it for every other battle
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 20 November 18 at 12:42, Edited on 20 November 18 at 16:51 by TheGreatKoala
FDRWilson said:
I would upgrade a weapon with the item that restores 25% health per CE too, that way your health is always topped up. One that gives you health back every 2 seconds also helps.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.