Eurydace
Posted on 25 October 18 at 22:20
A tale eternally retold or something like that

Please click here to read the story: SOULCALIBUR VI Review
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 25 October 18 at 22:42
Wow, I screwed up not getting this....

I love Soulcalibur but 5 was just so meh... I did not enjoy it like I did 4.

I wanted to wait on the reviews for 6. Apparently this game is back to being good!
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 25 October 18 at 23:05
Really want this ! Looks like might have to wait till Christmas , no time :(.. NAMCO PLEASE PORT SC3!!
Dark Devil Wolf
Posted on 25 October 18 at 23:47
I would wait until all dlc comes out then they will bring out a better edition with everything most fighters are doing it
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 25 October 18 at 23:50
Even the hideous SoulCalibur V cannot damped my excitement for this one. I will definitely pick it up, just not at the moment. I have way too many things going on.

An SC3 port would be fantastic. That's the only SC I don't have since it was a Playstation exclusive.
This space for rent.
ChiT0wnRedneck
Posted on 26 October 18 at 00:26
Way to many games not enough time will get to this one eventually.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 26 October 18 at 01:54, Edited on 26 October 18 at 01:55 by Healtti
2,918 tracked gamers have this game (for comparison Blops IV 45k; AC Odyssey 25k)
One week in and that's it? Wow. Legit bummer.
I guess anything in the vicinity of RDR just doesn't stand a chance...
[sic]
omgeezus
omgeezus
Posted on 26 October 18 at 02:02
This is one I had originally planned on buying day one, but between finances and lack of free time, I simply couldn't justify it - maybe it will come for Christmas laugh
I CANNOT GET OFF MY CAMEL
CatgirlFanatic
Posted on 26 October 18 at 03:56
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've played these games since Soul Blade and while this one is better than 5, it's still tremendously weak compared to 2 and 4. That's just me though.
A filthy degenerate obsessed with 2D.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 26 October 18 at 05:34
MC PHILABUSTA said:
Really want this ! Looks like might have to wait till Christmas , no time :(.. NAMCO PLEASE PORT SC3!!
SCIII HD so much! SCVI is a great game but the loading times are awful and cannot get on line, I hope they patch it soon..
FDRWilson
FDRWilson
Posted on 26 October 18 at 07:10, Edited on 26 October 18 at 07:13 by FDRWilson
4.5 out of 5 seriously? The graphics are great but in terms of story.... It's dull and they used pictures that just slightly change the facial expression of the characters instead of cinematic cut scenes like every other game does now. Online multiplayer is not working for several people and even if it was working it appears to be incredibly limited. Most multiplayer games have several game rooms you can search for or filter through. In this game just has a search option and you get what you get. You can't go through the search results and see all the rooms available. I can't say more about the mulitplayer because that's as far as I could get before getting a network error. I'd say this is more like a 3/5 video game. It looks good and I'm sure people love character creation but there's nothing really different from other soulcalibur games. In fact it's a step backwards in several regards. I remember there being cinematic cut scenes in soulcalibur 4 on the 360 once you finish a character's story. You dont get that in this game. You get a still image and a voice over. In the rpg element the story drags on and with all the weapons you gather you can't sell any for gold (I'm pretty sure you could do that in SC4). You can only delete them from your inventory... Some of the time. Do not buy this game at full price. Wait for it to be on sale... if that. If you really want to play soulcalibur go play soulcalibur 4 in the meantime. It actually has more to the game than this one. soulcalibur 6 feels like half a game in comparison to sc4 and other fighting games.
Arron114
Arron114
Posted on 26 October 18 at 08:15
Great game when you get going, but the loading times are diabolical , the online is broke and for some reason they have just rehashed the SC1 story with the soul blade story as the intro.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:06
The gameplay is great, don't care about the story and all that
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:06
I think I'm too casual to enjoy a fighting game, I found the story mode in SC2 dragged on too much, is this about as long?
Legohead 1977
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:08
Legohead 1977 said:
I think I'm too casual to enjoy a fighting game, I found the story mode in SC2 dragged on too much, is this about as long?
story lasts about an hour or so if you just skip through the text and fight the battles. I've done 1 battle of libra of souls so can't really comment on that.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:24, Edited on 26 October 18 at 10:25 by Legohead 1977
TheGreatKoala said:
Legohead 1977 said:
story lasts about an hour or so if you just skip through the text and fight the battles. I've done 1 battle of libra of souls so can't really comment on that.
That's not too bad, can't remember what the really long game mode was on SCII.

I agree with your earlier comment about story lines in fighting games, they are the same as those in racing games, unnecessary and usually downright confusing. For me personally they shouldn't even be considered for rating purposes!
Legohead 1977
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:26
TheGreatKoala said:
This.

Anybody who buys a fighting game for its story is just fucking weird to me. Same with people who buy FPS games for their campaigns. Even at their absolute best both of those genres still only manage to produce derivative, cliched, easily forgotten stories by and large. Both genres have been around for nearly 30 years now and I'm struggling to think of one from either genre whose story wowed me. People who are serious about either genre pretty much only buy them for online multiplayer.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:36, Edited on 26 October 18 at 10:36 by Legohead 1977
Evandalist said:
TheGreatKoala said:
This.

Anybody who buys a fighting game for its story is just fucking weird to me. Same with people who buy FPS games for their campaigns. Even at their absolute best both of those genres still only manage to produce derivative, cliched, easily forgotten stories by and large. Both genres have been around for nearly 30 years now and I'm struggling to think of one from either genre whose story wowed me. People who are serious about either genre pretty much only buy them for online multiplayer.
Is Bioshock an FPS, if so, I would say I enjoyed that story, I think there may be others, but it's certainly not what I buy a good shooter for! laugh
Legohead 1977
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:51
Evandalist said:
TheGreatKoala said:
This.

People can play what they want, for whatever reasons they want, I was just saying I didn't pay any attention to the story.

Your post is a shame really as you bookended a very good point(the part I bolded) with telling people what they can and can't like, which is wrong.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 26 October 18 at 10:53
Legohead 1977 said:
TheGreatKoala said:
Legohead 1977 said:
That's not too bad, can't remember what the really long game mode was on SCII.

Weapon Master Mode, which was a great mode which I just skipped through the text and went onto the next battle each time. I'm hoping libra of souls is a lot like it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.