Game Discussion: SOULCALIBUR VI Forum

Warning, final "Get all" achievement is buggy! Won't pop.

AuthorMessage
truenoch
truenoch
Posted on 26 October 18 at 20:47, Edited on 26 October 18 at 22:18 by truenoch
I did everything in the game and did nothing weird like change consoles or attempt to start on a new save to skip the second Libra playthrough, so the save file has everything done. But when I went to get the final achievement, it wouldn't pop the final achievement:

SOULCALIBUR VIA New Story of Swords and SoulsThe A New Story of Swords and Souls achievement in SOULCALIBUR VI worth 448 pointsObtain all achievements.

truenoch's achievements in SOULCALIBUR VI

I wish developers would stop copy/pasting PlayStation lists and giving Xbox buggy fake
"Platinum" achievements. I am not even sure if this is a save issue with the game or an Xbox issue.

Dark Souls Remastered, a recent game with a an Xbox "Platinum" achievement, I just checked and no tracked gamers are missing only the final achievement. So this is probably an issue with Soul Calibur 6.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I can list everything I've tried so far, but to summarize I've tried playing on another Xbox with a fresh save and doing multiple achievement tasks, tried buying another 10 Museum items (which was my last achievements) on the completed save, tried doing Very Hard Arcade, playing online, tried viewing the achievement list on Xbox (which would force pop the March 2018 big issues Xbox had), left my game running on the title screen for 10+ hours, all won't pop it.
FDRWilson
FDRWilson
Posted on 26 October 18 at 21:17
Whats this about skipping a second libra playthrough?
truenoch
truenoch
Posted on 26 October 18 at 22:07, Edited on 26 October 18 at 22:12 by truenoch
FDRWilson said:
Whats this about skipping a second libra playthrough?
You can probably skip the second playthrough (that you would need for Good or Evil achievements) by making a backup before the Groh last battle in Chapter 5. The post-Chapter 5 Epilogue that has one mission called Unsung Hero does pops the achivement, but Groh is probably what marks the file as Good or Evil playthrough since there's a tweaked cutscene (the sword you hold) depending on Good or Evil tipping.

To make a backup, you can use a second console, get the save onto the console by booting the game to main menu, Pop the Good or Evil clear, then delete save from this temporary console/everywhere (cloud). Then go back to your other console to get back to your point before Groh. Do the Astral Fissures (need about 15, combine with the 30 you need for the 30 Astrals achievement) to tip to the Good or Evil, then go beat Groh again.

I didn't do this to be safe that the "all achievements" achievement wouldn't glitch on me...I played out both playthroughs all on the same save file along with everything else...and it still glitched.

My game time on TA is also glitched, I have over 50 hours but it says much less. I suspect the first few completers also have a glitched time, it's almost impossible to do this game in 21 hours, especially back then with no help on the internet yet.
FDRWilson
FDRWilson
Posted on 27 October 18 at 03:32
Okay. I just did a second libra play through and just skipped through all the cut scenes and only did the primary missions for the most part to get the evil play through achievement. it took a little under 5 hours. I took some breaks and just left the screen on so that mighe have counted on the timer. 21 hours also seems doubtful to me especially with online achievements. Maybe they had a boosting partner already setup and ready to go once they got the game.
FDRWilson
FDRWilson
Posted on 27 October 18 at 04:20
For the astral fissure sealing achievement do any of the story fissures count or do they have to be ones with player generated characters? Those bastards are cheap as hell to fight.
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 27 October 18 at 11:32, Edited on 27 October 18 at 11:32 by JCDRANZER
The astral fissure sealing mission are annoying, I don't think the story ones count. The levels of the astral fighters are between 45 to 70. Don't waste too much time on an astral fighter you can't beat, do some side missions and you will get another astral fissure sealing mission.
truenoch
truenoch
Posted on 27 October 18 at 21:13
The story ones don't count, only the ones that say Astral Fissure Sealing in the sidequest title.

So going back to my main issue, I think I'm on to something. As we know, the game has to read your save data as having all the achievement tasks ticked off for it to pop the "All achievements" achievement. I actually don't have 100 Weapons and 30 Upgrades on my file since I dashboarded on those before it auto-saved so I didn't waste Gold/money. I will go and have those two things on my save and see if it pops the achievement.
truenoch
truenoch
Posted on 28 October 18 at 00:05, Edited on 28 October 18 at 00:34 by truenoch
I popped it by re-doing the missing 100 Weapons and 30 Upgrades on my save data.

This could have potentially have been solved days ago, but one specific gamer who also had this happen and fixed it I won't mention here has been ignoring everyone's messages despite being very active on Xbox and TA. I don't get why some people need to be so smug? Do you think your profile is holier than ours? Does it really matter if we don't know you? We aren't asking about the weather, we're asking about a potentially unobtainable you knew the fix for. But I had to figure it out myself, miraculously remembering a few things I may have not remembered in the future.

In order to unlock this achievement, your save file needs to have every achievement task ticked off internally. This is separate from your Xbox list. This means that even if you get 48 of 49, this final All achievement will not pop if there is even one thing not completely saved to your save file.

This means the achievement will glitch if you do the following:
The game disconnected or exited while in an online match before auto-saving at the end If this happens you must go and re-do the missing amount of online fights or wins
Attempt to skip the second Libra playthrough by backing up save. You must have 2 different Libra characters, one Good ending and one Evil ending.
The game does not auto-save after you have 100 Weapons and 30 Upgrades in Libra mode You must go and re-earn the proper amount via buying or doing random encounter drops until the internal tally (which is invisible) gets past the threshold. The initial starter Lv. 1 items DO NOT count for this total.
And so on.

You must make sure to re-do the missing achievement tally task for it to tick internally.

The glitch happened to me because I had Dashboarded out after getting the 100 Weapons achievement (to save money), and it did not auto-save and tick to the achievement off internally in the game.
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 28 October 18 at 01:01
Okay, I see your answer here. Thankfully, I didn't try any of the "save money or save time" schemes, so I should be good when the online starts to work for me properly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.