Game Discussion: SOULCALIBUR VI Forum

Why Does Online Not Work?

AuthorMessage
Azrael008uk
Azrael008uk
Posted on 27 October 18 at 14:11
So Online is working for some people and not for others.

It doesn't work for me. I'm in the UK and get "Network Error" whether I'm trying for Ranked or Casual. It doesn't work for my buddy in the States. Get's the same "A Network Error" has occurred message whether he's going for Casual or Ranked himself.

It's been a week now. Haven't they got it patched yet?
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 27 October 18 at 19:33
Same mate, im from the UK and no luck either. I’ve trued everyday and nothing..
truenoch
truenoch
Posted on 27 October 18 at 21:07
I posted the solution to the error in this post. It's currently the only known fix. I doubt the devs even know what to do.

Ranked Match Error
Azrael008uk
Azrael008uk
Posted on 28 October 18 at 17:00
Bit of a pain in the backside solution as it's going to log me out of services such as Netflix and anything like it. I've submitted an official query to NAMCO BANDAI on their website. If others do the same it will hopefuly pressure them to get something done.
RAINKINGX1
RAINKINGX1
Posted on 28 October 18 at 17:15
I was having the same issue but found something that works for me. Do the normal ranked search and when you search push the guide button. Stay in the guide until the character select screen. I was unable to get one game and kept getting the network error. Now when I open the guide while searching I have already managed to finish all online achievements.

Give it a go and hopefully it works for you as well.

Summary : search for ranked or join casual room. As soon as it finds a opponent push the guide button. Wait until match connects and you choose players , push guide button to return to game.

Video for Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=souB5PiLwq0
Azrael008uk
Azrael008uk
Posted on 29 October 18 at 00:13
We've tried that fix and it's not worked... Or maybe I was pushing the guide too soon... either way when BANDAI NAMCO get back to me at least i can refer them to this video to show them the problem in action so thanks for that.
yomikun
yomikun
Posted on 05 November 18 at 10:02
The trick with the guide button doesn't work with me...
www.mixture-rising.com
Azrael008uk
Azrael008uk
Posted on 05 November 18 at 21:03
Hopefully we'll get a patch when they add 2B.

For now the long load times and online bother is killing my desire to play.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 06 November 18 at 06:29
Azrael008uk said:
Hopefully we'll get a patch when they add 2B.

For now the long load times and online bother is killing my desire to play.
I’ve havent played it since, they have themselves to blame if the game flops.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 06 November 18 at 09:49
Also can't play online at all (on X) while my friend on S manages to play sometimes...

I don't understand what happens at all especially when the beta worked like a charm for me. cry
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Faustus PHD
Faustus PHD
Posted on 08 November 18 at 08:26
I was wondering if anyone has found a fix? Besides the guide button one. That doesn't work for me. I have 3 X1s and I did get this to work on my launch X1 by factory resetting it. I tried this on my X1X and it did not work, do I am at a loss as to how to proceed. I, too, was really excited for this game because of the single player content and the relatively easy online achievements. I didn't think my inability to unlock the online achievements would be due to faulty netcode. I have been in contact with Bandai Namco support 3 times, and they treated me like an idiot each time. Am I sure the Ethernet cord is plugged in? Do I have Xbox Live Gold? I just got tired of their pandering. I would suggest at least trying the reset console trick. You can choose to keep all games and apps, so it isn't that much of a headache. Though, it only worked on one of my three consoles.
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 08 November 18 at 13:37
I know for sure that devs are aware of the problem and are investigating. Don't know when/how/if it will patched though.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 09 November 18 at 14:16
Better be patched, that is all I can say..
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 24 November 18 at 02:25
It is amazing how the beta worked fine and the final game has all these issues hey
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 27 November 18 at 13:22
THIS IS SHOCKING, STILL NOTHING..
yomikun
yomikun
Posted on 19 December 18 at 08:37
Finally, it works!
www.mixture-rising.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.