Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Forum

Game crushing

AuthorMessage
SANTAGATA
SANTAGATA
Posted on 27 October 18 at 15:31
Anyone experiencing the game crashing or freezing up?? It happening to be me more than once.
Santagata
TK Art Nor
TK Art Nor
Posted on 28 October 18 at 09:25
I had 5-6 crashes during my playthrough. Couple of framedrops now and then too.

Ubisoft is working on a stability fix, possibly for the next update.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 28 October 18 at 13:15
I find the Xbox One crashes in many games after a few hours - more often if you resume a game from the day before. Best thing to do is unplug the power cable for 30 seconds every day.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Hostless Drone
Posted on 29 October 18 at 20:55
Im 110 hours in and have experienced game crashes about 8 times, some screen tearing and a few rendering issues. Most of them have happened after I jump around fast travels.
SANTAGATA
SANTAGATA
Posted on 30 October 18 at 10:38, Edited on 30 October 18 at 10:39 by SANTAGATA
This why i dont get games on release week. Too many problems. I remember back in the 80s with NES less glitches and crashes.
Santagata
ResidentialEvil
Posted on 30 October 18 at 15:06
Hostless Drone said:
Im 110 hours in and have experienced game crashes about 8 times, some screen tearing and a few rendering issues. Most of them have happened after I jump around fast travels.
This has been my experience, though I'm at about 15 crashes. It's always after fast travels or when I'm in bird's eye view.
TH3N1GHTM4R3
TH3N1GHTM4R3
Posted on 25 November 18 at 04:55
I have the dreaded no fast travel bug so im stuck down in the lost city area until it gets patched
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 26 November 18 at 10:38
ResidentialEvil said:
Hostless Drone said:
This has been my experience, though I'm at about 15 crashes. It's always after fast travels or when I'm in bird's eye view.
I've not had a single crash since 1.07 although I have moved the game to external SSD - massive loading speed improvement.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
onnovdw
onnovdw
Posted on 26 November 18 at 15:03
SANTAGATA said:
This why i dont get games on release week. Too many problems. I remember back in the 80s with NES less glitches and crashes.
I've had about 6 crashes in 90+ hours of playtime, which is hardly a problem
" they told me the classics never go out of style, but they do, they do "
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 29 December 18 at 23:40
The game keeps freezing on me. Now my main save doesn't load and I'm stuck at loading screen for 15 minutes. It's ridiculous.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 30 December 18 at 19:55
same here its been like this day release they should be in work trying fix it instead of being of frox bloody xmas bunch of lazy scum thast they are
Goggs25
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 01 January 19 at 23:23
The game has became unplayable for me now. I could revert a previous save to continue playing, but soon the save will corrupt. Comes to a point that every few missions I did would end up with a file that doesn't load. It got worse last night that attempting to load any save file would result in an instant crash to dashboard.

How do we get a refund for digital games again?
Koding
Koding
Posted on 02 January 19 at 14:41
Yikes. I just started Odyssey a short while ago (just completed the 2nd episode and went to Phoikos) but as of yet, I haven't had any freezing or crashing? Am I just getting lucky or is the game waiting until I get further along to start messing with me. I've made a couple copies of my current save just in case.
54 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 02 January 19 at 15:22
Koding said:
Yikes. I just started Odyssey a short while ago (just completed the 2nd episode and went to Phoikos) but as of yet, I haven't had any freezing or crashing? Am I just getting lucky or is the game waiting until I get further along to start messing with me. I've made a couple copies of my current save just in case.
No. It's very few people who experience it. So you will most likely be fine
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 03 January 19 at 16:17
Koding said:
I have over 200 hours invested in the game and other than me losing a few hours progress in the DLC because my system locked up and I forgot to save, it's been smooth sailing. You need to remember that forums are largely made up of questions from people having issues, so the problem will appear worse than it is.
exorr
exorr
Posted on 09 January 19 at 20:24
I've unlocked all possible achievements and the game may've crashed once in about 100 hours playing.
MustangNights
MustangNights
Posted on 14 January 19 at 08:48
I may have had a crash or two but don't really remember. None seemed to happen during end game.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 15 January 19 at 05:16, Edited on 15 January 19 at 05:17 by JakThaRiPP3R84
xbox uses a operating system, all you need to do is when you turn it off for the day, go settings, and turn off console through there, it'll properly shut the xbox down. xbox suffers memory leaks like any pc would.

also I found that since doing this every day I never get cheevos that don't pop for days. whereas it would happen if I let my xbox idle till shut off, then power it back up and resume. I think the action of that messes with the handshake process the cheevos rely on to pop, hence a delay.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 15 January 19 at 10:15
JakThaRiPP3R84 said:
xbox uses a operating system, all you need to do is when you turn it off for the day, go settings, and turn off console through there, it'll properly shut the xbox down. xbox suffers memory leaks like any pc would.

also I found that since doing this every day I never get cheevos that don't pop for days. whereas it would happen if I let my xbox idle till shut off, then power it back up and resume. I think the action of that messes with the handshake process the cheevos rely on to pop, hence a delay.
When I adopted this behaviour, it certainly made my Xbox One more stable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.