Game Discussion: The Path of Motus Forum

No profile to select at start up.

AuthorMessage
Matthew Twist
Matthew Twist
Posted on 28 October 18 at 07:56
Anyone else having problems or know a solution for there being no profile to select when you start up the game. Tried a different profile, on two different consoles, uninstalled & reinstalled and cleared the cache with no luck. No way to play if there is no profile to select from
BlueThunder7398
BlueThunder7398
Posted on 28 October 18 at 13:22
Same. If you figure it out let me know.
Matthew Twist
Matthew Twist
Posted on 29 October 18 at 06:32
It is working today. Nothing different done - started up and there was my profile to select
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 29 October 18 at 07:02
U probably had a wired controller plugged in. That always happens to me
Matthew Twist
Matthew Twist
Posted on 29 October 18 at 08:49
No. Don't own a wired controller. No idea.
GSK Rock3tman
GSK Rock3tman
Posted on 09 December 18 at 15:11
Same Problem Today...
DAKILLAHBEE
DAKILLAHBEE
Posted on 10 January 19 at 22:48
same issue, cant play game because of the profile select issue......
juanramonh
juanramonh
Posted on 15 March 19 at 22:15
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/the-path-...

The developer said “Hi! Thanks for picking up the game and I'm sorry you're having issues. I've had three other people email about an issue like this and I've spoken to Microsoft about it. I think there is some type of weird bug with the permissions not registering with the Microsoft tools I'm using to access Xbox Live. Basically it's getting hung because the Xbox Live profile isn't linking correctly to the game. The game was heavily tested in certification and never had this problem so unfortunately there's not much I can do. Eventually everyone got the game to run.... but I'm unsure what caused things to suddenly work. They basically kept trying to start the game by re accepting the permissions on a new profile, tried different controllers etc. and eventually it randomly started working.

I understand that's a crappy explanation but at this point it's the best I can do. If my theory of the issue is correct there's nothing I can do because the problem lies in Microsoft's codebase.

Please keep trying... perhaps wait a day and then try with a fresh account to re accept the permissions. If it still doesn't work, I can give you a free copy of the game on another platform.

Sorry again,

Michael”
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 16 March 19 at 00:14
At least he is honest, and take the time to answer.
While it's not the answer people want, it's refreshing to read. Instead of the typical standard "we are looking into it, and will fix it in a future patch" BS
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.