Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Revealed for November 2018

AuthorMessage
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 31 October 18 at 06:09
alex1sqc said:
Assassin's Creed the 1st... Really? laugh
And $20?? Really??
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
ClockKing1986
ClockKing1986
Posted on 31 October 18 at 06:19
Sol76 said:
Do not forget to pick up the PREMIUM DLC for Battlefield 1 as it is free until the 1st of November.
Thanks for the heads up! I nabbed it.
Nibirunnaki
Nibirunnaki
Posted on 31 October 18 at 06:37
nice! I can go back in AC1 and Dante and finish it! Great month for gold! curious with race the sun
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 31 October 18 at 06:41
There games are mostly ancient and not worth much, but I guess it's nice to snag digital copies.

Definitely not $85 value though. More like $30, and that's generous.
Warboy925
Warboy925
Posted on 31 October 18 at 08:43
Vr English said:
JHugzz Gaming said:
Dubs187 said:
Ryn0 L said:
I guess it'll be nice to sell my AC disk
For like $1
laugh
$1 is $1. I'm going to do the same, but I'd be surprised if it was even that much!
Nah, you'll end up owing them money, lol!
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 31 October 18 at 09:00
romo7816 said:
Dear Microsoft and EA, stop putting the damn EA access games on gwg, it makes having access worthless than if you are going to put them all on gwg. After next year if you keep doing this you will lose an access customer. So stupid cannibalizing your own product. And yes i know people dont have access but thats not the point.
Umm... EA Access is an EA product not Microsoft. Sony said no to the service.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 31 October 18 at 09:02
Anoki said:
I will never understand the people that complain about GwG. I have never once paid my Xbox Live subscription anticipating getting new games via GwG. To me it's just a plus. Have to always remember that we used to pay the subscription without any of the added benefits we get today. GwG is just an added feature to an subscription we already paid for. If I don't like the titles I don't wine about it. I just grab them, since they are free, and just add them to my collection. And if I already own them I'll be sad since I had previously bought it, but again I get over it.

Some people have become so entitled when it comes to GwG that if the thing they want isn't on the list for the month they throw a temper tantrum and it just get's annoying. Especially coming from the TA community who most have already played a majority of the games already because they are ACHIEVEMENT HUNTERS.

PS. I know this doesn't apply to the majority but man does it get annoying.
+1 on this they are free games every month it happens
Bazroy99
Bazroy99
Posted on 31 October 18 at 11:31
Anoki said:
I will never understand the people that complain about GwG. I have never once paid my Xbox Live subscription anticipating getting new games via GwG. To me it's just a plus. Have to always remember that we used to pay the subscription without any of the added benefits we get today. GwG is just an added feature to an subscription we already paid for. If I don't like the titles I don't wine about it. I just grab them, since they are free, and just add them to my collection. And if I already own them I'll be sad since I had previously bought it, but again I get over it.

Some people have become so entitled when it comes to GwG that if the thing they want isn't on the list for the month they throw a temper tantrum and it just get's annoying. Especially coming from the TA community who most have already played a majority of the games already because they are ACHIEVEMENT HUNTERS.

Well said
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 31 October 18 at 12:01, Edited on 31 October 18 at 12:01 by Kedrix
Actually, even though I'm a downer for most months...this month is not too bad. I always wanted to start off the AC series and Dante's Inferno is a game that I bought, kept for a while sealed, and then unloaded it because I didn't have time. (And I always regretted it) Then Battlefield 1, they have been super nice about with giving away the premium pass and now the game too. So in all honesty, it's a pretty good month, at least for me.
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 31 October 18 at 12:17
Anoki said:

It doesn’t matter that you don’t buy Gold for GWG but people do. I don’t but it is part of the purchase of Gold and is not free. I don’t care too much for GWG as I have a big backlog but even TA lists GWG as ‘Free with Premium’. You need to pay for Gold to have games. If your gold runs out, you can’t play the X1 GWG, you need an active subscription.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 31 October 18 at 12:38
misfit119 said:
Meh. No interest in Battlefield, Dante's Inferno has delisted DLC and AC is really hard to go back to due to the clunky controls. That said I'll take Race the Sun. Never heard of it, and it doesn't look like my cup of tea, but who knows.

Crater Bob said:
Really though, go check your 360 Download History, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what's there.
The 360 Download History is no longer on Xbox.com or at least doesn't seem to be there. If you follow the link that lead to it: https://live.xbox.com/download/history

Now it just goes to a black screen.
Which is why you do it through your 360 download history on the console (since you can only play it there anyway), not the website. A little more of a pain but it still works.
ShadyShall
ShadyShall
Posted on 31 October 18 at 12:39
once again, i learn my lesson. NEVER buy a game until you are ready to play it. i bought AC a couple months ago when it was on sale for like $6. going to start it as my next game... if i had only waited.

DAMNIT.
[url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 31 October 18 at 12:42
Wow can't recommend Battlefield 1 enough, such a great game. Will also grab Assassin's Creed just to have a digital copy of it, as well as maybe Dante's Inferno.
TheOdd101
TheOdd101
Posted on 31 October 18 at 13:05
Sol76 said:
Do not forget to pick up the PREMIUM DLC for Battlefield 1 as it is free until the 1st of November.
Thank you!
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 31 October 18 at 13:47
The biggest takeaway from this is the fact that the first Assassin's Creed still costs $20 regularly laugh
S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 October 18 at 13:54
HolyHalfDead said:
MagicalMelon567 said:
Why is ac1 on it? It's the worst AC and I've played all of them and finished the story on 2-origins, im still playing Odyssey though and it took me 2 hours of playing to decide I wasn't going to play ac1 again
The original AC is now my 4th favourite:

1. Odyssey
2. Origins
3. Brotherhood
4. AC1

AC1 like any game over 10 years old, doesn't form the same impressions when played for the first time in 2018. But AC1 was unlike any other game in 2007 - and has since been imitated by Batman and Middle-earth.

Who here remembers the first time they saw the trailer in 2007? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKnIvxJGX8

AC2 was a point-and-click interactive story and is therefore is the most popular as it appeals the widest audience. Brotherhood was the spiritual successor to AC1. Then the series became a TPS. Origins restored my faith in the series, and Odyssey is one of the best games I have ever played.
Bravo. I'm glad to see someone sticking up for AC1. I played that game so hard when it came out. I must have put 100 hours into in that game with no guide trying to 100% it. Of course it's not going to compare to more current AC games in terms of gameplay, options, graphics, etc. The story is still solid though.

Also, it's a free game. lol
TheNickOfTime
TheNickOfTime
Posted on 31 October 18 at 14:19
OfficerBarbrady said:
The biggest takeaway from this is the fact that the first Assassin's Creed still costs $20 regularly laugh
Costs $3.99 at my local pawnshop. Might be stolen but at least they work laugh
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
mariofan220
mariofan220
Posted on 31 October 18 at 14:42
From playing it on Vita, I remember Race the Sun being great for when I just wanted to play and not have to think too much.
Nintenda64
Nintenda64
Posted on 31 October 18 at 14:54
Is Battlefield 1 free a day early?

I went to nab the Premium Pass, and was curious about the price of the full game. It was listed as free, and it's currently downloading.

Anyone else want to verify?
In Gyi Yoon
In Gyi Yoon
Posted on 31 October 18 at 15:05
AC 1 is bad tbh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.