Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games with Gold Titles Revealed for November 2018

AuthorMessage
J4CKA1
155,305
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 October 18 at 15:09
Nintenda64 said:
Is Battlefield 1 free a day early?

I went to nab the Premium Pass, and was curious about the price of the full game. It was listed as free, and it's currently downloading.

Anyone else want to verify?
I went to grab the premium pass, but I would just be getting it to grind online achievements, and I have enough of that to do as it is. lol GREAT deal, but a hard pass for me. I'm excited about the campaign though.
Crater Bob
261,482
Crater Bob
Posted on 31 October 18 at 15:15
Nintenda64 said:
Is Battlefield 1 free a day early?

I went to nab the Premium Pass, and was curious about the price of the full game. It was listed as free, and it's currently downloading.

Anyone else want to verify?
Downloading it right now, it's available a day early.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
Boss Complex
538,646
Boss Complex
Posted on 31 October 18 at 15:41
Ac1 is a good game, if you have any interest in the AC series but have not played it. its definitely worth it, for the story.
i originally played the game back when it came out and quit after 3 missions. came back a year or 2 later and couldn't put it down, though ac1 is not as good as ac2 in my opinion. some of the mechanics are rough, but it is the original and one of the first games to implement them. one of the more underrated entries in the franchise.

battlefield 1, is just what you would expect from a battlefield game set in WW1. the campaign is worth a quick playthorugh (3-5hr?). the MP is pretty solid, and all the premium pass content is FREE.( for now )
BigBoss
Crater Bob
261,482
Crater Bob
Posted on 31 October 18 at 15:46
Boss Complex said:
battlefield 1, is just what you would expect from a battlefield game set in WW1. the campaign is worth a quick playthorugh (3-5hr?). the MP is pretty solid, and all the premium pass content is FREE.( for now )
It WAS free, that expired last night, no more free Premium Pass.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
dlCHIEF58
352,547
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 31 October 18 at 16:00
Crater Bob said:
Boss Complex said:
battlefield 1, is just what you would expect from a battlefield game set in WW1. the campaign is worth a quick playthorugh (3-5hr?). the MP is pretty solid, and all the premium pass content is FREE.( for now )
It WAS free, that expired last night, no more free Premium Pass.
It was still available for free as of this morning when I checked for a friend....and STILL is as of this moment.
J4CKA1
155,305
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 October 18 at 16:32
I also checked about an hour again and it's still free.
WarningRabbit95
Posted on 31 October 18 at 18:19
I’ve always been impressed by the fact that we get four games for free each month, however November, are we sure this isn’t an early Christmas? Battlefield 1 & Dante’s Inferno? Awesome!
Hellgate Aeon
339,097
Hellgate Aeon
Posted on 31 October 18 at 20:31, Edited on 31 October 18 at 20:32 by Hellgate Aeon
MagicalChild said:
Dr Marty said:
Hellgate Aeon said:
26 games this year that i already have
Great job... games with gold becomes more interesting with every month
Really don't understand some people's logic:
If they're not saying that GwG is not worth it because all the games are shit, they instead say the games would've been ok if they hadn't already bought them before. I guess stop buying games that you really want to play, hoping that they will become GwG a few years from now. wink (I'm being sarcastic)
What other category is there, besides games you don't ever want to play and games that are so great that you have already played them? Do you expect to be surprised by 4 hidden gems every month? Oh no wait. Then people will say that MS is only handing out shitty indie titles.

*ready for the hate*
laugh So true!

Own both the 360 ones and not interested in either One game, so nothing for me.
I'd totally be in for the Trials DLC though if they'd put that back up.
Let me do the thinking for you, if youre not able to do that on your own: take the 360 games here: Assassins Creed is now 10.5 Years old. It was on Sale a 100000000 times. Who the hell need that game anymore for free?! 1 of 100000 players i guess.
Dantes Inferno is 8 Years old. Same here.
Such obvious games everybody already owns.

BF1 is nice. Race the Sun too.

But here is the problem with games with gold: it becomes uninteresting for non casual gamers. If you have gold, you buy most of the games at the sales for a few shekels. Just check what thay gave this year. Splinter cell conviction? That game goes for the price of a coffee (not kidding). I bought it digital just to avoid getting it out of my shelf to play it. But here it was. GWG. Why not blacklist? Thats a rare game.
Dr Marty
444,230
Dr Marty
Posted on 31 October 18 at 21:15, Edited on 31 October 18 at 21:36 by Dr Marty
Hellgate Aeon said:
Let me do the thinking for you, if youre not able to do that on your own: take the 360 games here: Assassins Creed is now 10.5 Years old. It was on Sale a 100000000 times. Who the hell need that game anymore for free?! 1 of 100000 players i guess.
Dantes Inferno is 8 Years old. Same here.
Such obvious games everybody already owns.
I'm glad you did all the thinking for me. My head had already hurt.

So what you're saying is that you want them to produce new Triple-A Xbox 360 games and release those for GwG? headspin I mean the 360 is a last-gen console. Of course the games will be old! Again to my original point. Either you get great games, that are so great that you probably already own them. Or you get games you don't own because you think they're shit. I really don't understand what you want.

Perhaps you can enlighten us and list a few games that you'd like to see on GwG. (I know it is always harder to actually make suggestions, than being a contrarian. Especially because you know that everyone else on this site will rip your suggestions to shreds. Either because they're bad games or because everyone already owns them.)
dlCHIEF58
352,547
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 31 October 18 at 21:30
Hellgate Aeon said:
MagicalChild said:
Dr Marty said:
Hellgate Aeon said:
26 games this year that i already have
Great job... games with gold becomes more interesting with every month
Really don't understand some people's logic:
If they're not saying that GwG is not worth it because all the games are shit, they instead say the games would've been ok if they hadn't already bought them before. I guess stop buying games that you really want to play, hoping that they will become GwG a few years from now. wink (I'm being sarcastic)
What other category is there, besides games you don't ever want to play and games that are so great that you have already played them? Do you expect to be surprised by 4 hidden gems every month? Oh no wait. Then people will say that MS is only handing out shitty indie titles.

*ready for the hate*
laugh So true!

Own both the 360 ones and not interested in either One game, so nothing for me.
I'd totally be in for the Trials DLC though if they'd put that back up.
Let me do the thinking for you, if youre not able to do that on your own: take the 360 games here: Assassins Creed is now 10.5 Years old. It was on Sale a 100000000 times. Who the hell need that game anymore for free?! 1 of 100000 players i guess.
Dantes Inferno is 8 Years old. Same here.
Such obvious games everybody already owns.

BF1 is nice. Race the Sun too.

But here is the problem with games with gold: it becomes uninteresting for non casual gamers. If you have gold, you buy most of the games at the sales for a few shekels. Just check what thay gave this year. Splinter cell conviction? That game goes for the price of a coffee (not kidding). I bought it digital just to avoid getting it out of my shelf to play it. But here it was. GWG. Why not blacklist? Thats a rare game.
LOL, you didn't do much thinking, only spouting your opinion as if it were fact. Let me lay some figures on you to show you how off base your ASSUMPTIONS are.

Assassin's Creed sold 5.5 million copies on the 360. There are over 25 million Gold subscribers, leaving a more than a possible 20 million who do not have the game.

Dante's Inferno only sold 920,000 copies - over 24 million Gold members did not purchase said game. I myself fall into that number (though did start it through EA Access).

So no, everybody does NOT own said games as you state. Many people have not had the opportunity to play these games - don't try to project your own situation as if it applies to the general public.
Shock Gamer 117
Posted on 31 October 18 at 21:50
Oddly enough, I was able to get Battlefield 1 today on XBL for free. Not sure if it was down to timezones & whatnot as it's still the 31st here in the UK. Who knows?
nirvana8193
267,480
nirvana8193
Posted on 31 October 18 at 23:06
Shock Gamer 117 said:
Oddly enough, I was able to get Battlefield 1 today on XBL for free. Not sure if it was down to timezones & whatnot as it's still the 31st here in the UK. Who knows?
I've been able to download them a day early for a few months now. laugh
Sally I hear something, stop, STOP!
Elyoh
639,813
Elyoh
Posted on 31 October 18 at 23:33
Timezones aren't new, but many seem to forget their existence.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Crater Bob
261,482
Crater Bob
Posted on 31 October 18 at 23:37
nirvana8193 said:
Shock Gamer 117 said:
Oddly enough, I was able to get Battlefield 1 today on XBL for free. Not sure if it was down to timezones & whatnot as it's still the 31st here in the UK. Who knows?
I've been able to download them a day early for a few months now. laugh
Same, got Assassin's Creed as well today.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
K3VC85
137,928
K3VC85
Posted on 01 November 18 at 00:52, Edited on 01 November 18 at 00:52 by K3VC85
Haven’t played any Assassins Creed games before so looking forward to trying that.
Definitely want to try out race the sun, it looks a fun game!
misfit119
827,064
misfit119
Posted on 01 November 18 at 00:57
dlCHIEF58 said:
Which is why you do it through your 360 download history on the console (since you can only play it there anyway), not the website. A little more of a pain but it still works.
I'm aware. I was just letting the poster know that Xbox.com no longer provides any help. It's actually pretty goddamn miserable going through the Xbox interface what with all of the One stuff showing up in it for no good reason and making the list even bigger than it needs to be.

Elyoh said:
Timezones aren't new, but many seem to forget their existence.
Shhhh. Let people enjoy their strange magical power.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Predefiance
174,662
Predefiance
Posted on 01 November 18 at 04:51
Good month! Battlefield is a nice surprise. Apparently the campaign isn't too bad so it might be worth a play. Also, I thought Assassin's Creed had been a GwG before but it seems it wasn't. I must have bought it digitally.
dlCHIEF58
352,547
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 01 November 18 at 13:14
misfit119 said:
dlCHIEF58 said:
Which is why you do it through your 360 download history on the console (since you can only play it there anyway), not the website. A little more of a pain but it still works.
I'm aware. I was just letting the poster know that Xbox.com no longer provides any help. It's actually pretty goddamn miserable going through the Xbox interface what with all of the One stuff showing up in it for no good reason and making the list even bigger than it needs to be.

Elyoh said:
Timezones aren't new, but many seem to forget their existence.
Shhhh. Let people enjoy their strange magical power.
Well to be honest, Xbox.com wouldn't have been any help in the first place even if it were working as it did. You could not queue a re-download of a game through the web site, only on the Xbox through the store (if still listed) or through the download history, which is a pain in the butt if you have purchased a lot of stuff and it was an older one. That was the point of my response, that would have been no solution anyway even if it was working as it did in the past - it would only show that you had purchased it, when you had, and how much you paid...that's it.
Shinnizle
664,194
Shinnizle
Posted on 01 November 18 at 16:10
dlCHIEF58 said:
Well to be honest, Xbox.com wouldn't have been any help in the first place even if it were working as it did. You could not queue a re-download of a game through the web site, only on the Xbox through the store (if still listed) or through the download history, which is a pain in the butt if you have purchased a lot of stuff and it was an older one. That was the point of my response, that would have been no solution anyway even if it was working as it did in the past - it would only show that you had purchased it, when you had, and how much you paid...that's it.
What? The 360 download history on Xbox.com, when it was still a thing, would definitely let you queue a re-download of a game. I did it all the time. That's why I feel misfit119's pain when he wrote that, because I recently had to redownload a delisted game and this time having to go through my download history on the console itself took me 20 minutes to find the game I wanted to download, and it wasn't some old 2006 purchase either, imagine that...
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
J4CKA1
155,305
J4CKA1
Posted on 01 November 18 at 16:27
Why is it that you can't see your 360 digitally owned games anymore?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.