Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Just Cause and Three Castlevania Titles Now Backwards Compatible

AuthorMessage
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 30 October 18 at 17:59
Come on Konami.... Rondo of Blood / SOTN combo pack on Xbox One please!
NameOfTheMaster
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:08
OldSchoolBlood said:
Not gonna happen. Sony paid out their butts for that exclusive. Also SotN is already back compatible.
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:12
Wooohooooo!!! Just Ninja Gaiden games and that’s everything for me
Arno Vicidorian
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:16
Was Castlevania Mirror of Fate ever released on disc? Doesn't matter what region for me.
GrawlNL
GrawlNL
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:18
O sweet, I bought those games hoping they'd be BC some day. That day is today.
Kyl3Ruth
Kyl3Ruth
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:25
Is Castlevania Mirrors of Fate any good? I played it for about a half an hour and it seemed meh. Does it get good?

Master the dodge if you want to play Lords of Shadow 2, as well as using items and turning into a bat to avoid enemy attacks. It makes all the difference between a lot of the combat being extremely annoying or extremely fun. I enjoyed both Lords of Shadow 1/2 and got 1000G on both. I did not like much of Lords of Shadow 2 until my second playthrough to be honest, after I mastered dodge during the trials after my first playthrough. The bosses are definitely the highlight of Lords of Shadow 2. Hopefully they will put the DLC for both Lords of Shadow games on sale some time now that they are backwards compatible. I would definitely be interested!
Archeim
Archeim
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:28
scarlet speed said:
Happy about the Castlevanias. Been waiting too long.

EDIT: We need the Ninja Gaidens too.
Agree with every single point.
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:34, Edited on 30 October 18 at 18:38 by Mannschaft570
Arno Vicidorian said:
Was Castlevania Mirror of Fate ever released on disc? Doesn't matter what region for me.
I don't think so. I got mine (as a code) included with the physical version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection.

It's a fun little game on a side note, I really enjoyed the boss rush mode.
PurplTreeFrog
PurplTreeFrog
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:36
I have been waiting ages to start Lords of Shadow after it became backwards compatible.
Absolutely fantastic :)
supkris
supkris
Posted on 30 October 18 at 18:45
Nice additions. Do you think it's an overstatement if i say i have a strong feeling that MS is gearing up for something big for next gen xbox. I am hoping that they are going to make every single game released on xbox og, 360 and one as backward compatible without any restrictions like current bc program. That would be a big crowd puller and our old discs still will have work to do. I would be surprised if they don't do something extra for bc on new console
ComboChrist
ComboChrist
Posted on 30 October 18 at 19:08
Does BC help with the horrendous framerate in the first one`?
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 30 October 18 at 19:13
NameOfTheMaster said:
OldSchoolBlood said:
Not gonna happen. Sony paid out their butts for that exclusive. Also SotN is already back compatible.
I REALLY want to play Rondo of Blood thanks to Smash Ultimate, but I have a Mac and emulating would be a big hassle. Same goes for the remake on the PSVita/PSP (forgot which one it's on).
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 30 October 18 at 19:20
supkris said:
Nice additions. Do you think it's an overstatement if i say i have a strong feeling that MS is gearing up for something big for next gen xbox. I am hoping that they are going to make every single game released on xbox og, 360 and one as backward compatible without any restrictions like current bc program. That would be a big crowd puller and our old discs still will have work to do. I would be surprised if they don't do something extra for bc on new console
Doubtful. They could do that with first party games, perhaps, but not with all the expired licenses and third parties (some of which are no longer in business).

And of course, there is 99.99% no way in Hell that they will support Kinect games for either 360 or One. But that goes without saying.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 30 October 18 at 20:03
Just Cause is such a pain in the ass to complete because of the clunky controls and OP AI. Good luck to anyone doing those damn tank bases.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 30 October 18 at 20:03
The Noto said:
supkris said:
Doubtful. They could do that with first party games, perhaps, but not with all the expired licenses and third parties (some of which are no longer in business).

And of course, there is 99.99% no way in Hell that they will support Kinect games for either 360 or One. But that goes without saying.
Actually they could because if it runs off the original media (disc), then no permission from developers is necessary. But that would require the new system to be able to play games from disc instead of the hard drive. The only reason permission is required on the One is because they have to redistribute the game (with emulation wrapper) on a system it was never licensed for distribution.

But you are right about it being doubtful that all games would be BC, likely because they will continue along the same route with BC on the next console (as well as the peripheral based games being excluded like you pointed out). But they will likely continue to add every title they can to bolster the compatibility.
Hellgate Aeon
Hellgate Aeon
Posted on 30 October 18 at 20:19
Nice. I own both castlevania games
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 30 October 18 at 20:25
supkris said:
That is a pipe dream and not likely to happen. For one, they would have to have a machine that actually ran games from the disc instead of installing all on the hard drive. Possible, maybe. Likely, nope. For digital titles you would have the same issues as we have with BC on the One, they would have to have permission to redistribute the games on a system they were never licensed for in the first place. Any peripheral based game (Kinect, music games, etc) would still not be likely due to the peripheral requirements needed to play the games. Part of the appeal of BC for Microsoft and other companies is the possibility of continued sales of older games which is dependent upon digital versions as they aren't going to press new discs.

They will keep BC in the next gen and likely build further on it, but you are expecting way too much if you think they will get all games on the system. Nice dream, but not likely to happen.
Jet Klaatu
Jet Klaatu
Posted on 30 October 18 at 22:50
Now just add Just Cause 2 and I'll be a happy camper! :)
Joel78
Joel78
Posted on 30 October 18 at 23:23
Jet Klaatu said:
Now just add Just Cause 2 and I'll be a happy camper! :)
Just Cause 2 has been backwards compatible for a long time, you even received a free code for it with JC3 from memory.
ShinUkyo
ShinUkyo
Posted on 31 October 18 at 00:08
My heart almost stopped; I thought my dream of seeing CV: Harmony of Despair become backwards compatible was coming true. Sadly no. It's been one of my most-wanted since BC was announced. And now that most of the games on my most-wanted list have come to the program: it's my single most-wanted BC game by miles. I'm not sure if it's because Konami has a grudge against Igarashi (whose name is all over that release, unlike in SotN where he was just an assistant producer.) I wouldn't put it past them, sadly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.