Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

7 Horror Series That Deserve Sequels (And 3 That Don't)

• Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,722,198
    Posted on 31 October 18 at 22:23, Edited on 31 October 18 at 22:24 by Raptures Lost
    I loved TEW2, I'd compare it much more to Silent Hill than TLOU. Anyway, I'd be shocked if it got a sequel due to the poor sales. Either way, it wraps up Sebastian's story beautifully. Also, a current generation Silent Hill or Dead Space would be amazing.
  • HerrKätzchenHerrKätzchen1,086,187
    Posted on 31 October 18 at 22:41
    Raptures Lost said:
    Either way, it wraps up Sebastian's story beautifully.
    Did you even play the game?

/

And did no one here play the DS3-DLC? There is no option to make a 4th game without an asspull.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes941,138,509
    Posted on 31 October 18 at 22:53
    Completely agree with everything said.

I jumped on The Evil Within 2, honestly, because of the now easy 1k. HOWEVER, I played 1 and hated it, 2 was a great evolution in mechanics and narrative so far. I'd welcome a third, and I think they will do one regardless of the sales figures.

I hope that State of Decay 2 is support handsomely before a third game, but despite it's average critical reception the game has A LOT of potential and is kind of unrivalled atm for what its offering in my opinion.

Finally, I really hope "The Dark Pictures" anthology takes off. A great concept, and the fact Supermassive is finally developing for Xbox is a good thing.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 18 at 00:23
    Silent hill doesnt need a sequel? Get out of here.
    Obtained the shadows rushed me.
  • Kooky Cow 32Kooky Cow 32612,396
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 00:33, Edited on 01 November 18 at 00:34 by Kooky Cow 32
    Rista B said:
    Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to The Darkness. Always felt like they missed the mark a little but those games seemed to have a lot of potential.
    Have you not heard of The Darkness 2 ? Or do you mean you want a 3rd installment?
    Kooky Cow 32
  • matdanmatdan862,284
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 01:29
    I'm surprised there is no mention of F.E.A.R. that game series needs a new title. No shooter since then could get AI right.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Jasecw2Jasecw2421,332
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 01:30
    a new alone in the dark or clock tower game
  • Posted on 01 November 18 at 01:31
    The first Condemned is so good then they switched to the second one and I don't know. The third one? I can't even imagine.
  • Ry FryyRy Fryy418,352
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 02:28
    Silent Hill.. cry
  • Posted on 01 November 18 at 03:02
    The Evil Within 1 was like RE4? Are you kidding me? The Evil Within 1 was closer to Dead Space 1, a definite horror game. This really frustrates me, I completely disagree with that, and the Evil Within is one of my favorite games.
  • James12183James12183706,207
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 03:59
    Dead Island and Silent Hill DO deserve sequels so this list fails big time.
    James12183
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 18 at 04:10
    I'd love to see the Alien Isolation team make another Alien game, or better yet, adapt a different sci-fi or horror IP.
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,722,198
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 04:35
    ComboChrist said:
    Raptures Lost said:
    Either way, it wraps up Sebastian's story beautifully.
    Did you even play the game?

/

And did no one here play the DS3-DLC? There is no option to make a 4th game without an asspull.
    Did YOU even play the game? What about that ending doesn't feel like a conclusion for Sebastian's story? I'm aware of the epilogue scene but that doesnt need to involve him if it continues.
  • Posted on 01 November 18 at 08:09
    Kooky Cow 32 said:
    Rista B said:
    Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to The Darkness. Always felt like they missed the mark a little but those games seemed to have a lot of potential.
    Have you not heard of The Darkness 2 ? Or do you mean you want a 3rd installment?
    He is using the plural, so I'd assume he means a third installment.

Jasecw2 said:
    a new alone in the dark or clock tower game
    A new Alone in the Dark game would be nice, but only if they improve it a lot. It did have potential, but sadly the game wasn't good, because it was glitchy and the controls sucked. Some things also were simply annoying, like the part where you had to drive a taxi, and the stupid black goo.
  • BillarghBillargh446,097
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 08:18
    The image used for Dead Space is weird. A Dead Space 2 graphic with a random 3 shoddily plopped at the end of it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 18 at 09:39
    why shouldn't dead island deserve a sequel? because of dying light? dead island was good before they started patching the game up which ruined it in the end.

do we really need another dead space, state of decay, dead raising? i would rather see new IP'S beside's the same stuff.

like gear's of war should of ended after the 3rd one.
  • Posted on 01 November 18 at 10:50
    YouCantSaveHer said:
    Silent hill doesnt need a sequel? Get out of here.
    This!^ Where is the dislike button for news?
  • Posted on 01 November 18 at 11:12
    I love silent hill and would love a sequal aslong as it was silent hills, I think the likelyhood of it is alot lower than 6/10 though. Id say more like a 2 lol.
  • Posted on 01 November 18 at 11:16
    Kyl3Ruth said:
    The Evil Within 1 was like RE4? Are you kidding me? The Evil Within 1 was closer to Dead Space 1, a definite horror game. This really frustrates me, I completely disagree with that, and the Evil Within is one of my favorite games.
    the evil within was most definitely like resi 4, the enemies, the setting, the gameplay, I did enjoy evil within but all I could think while playing it was how much it was like resi 4.
  • Fang FoomFang Foom861,233
    Posted on 01 November 18 at 11:29
    I loved Condemned but don't feel a sequel is needed.

Alan Wake and Shadows of the Damned (as mentioned in the comments) would be amazing. Alan Wake is one of my favourite games, although the American Nightmare XBL game wasn't nearly as good IMO.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads