Xbox One Forum

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

Headset gaming recommendations

AuthorMessage
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 01 November 18 at 12:00, Edited on 01 November 18 at 12:12 by LuckyConquerer2
Hi

I currently use the Sennheiser RS 110 II RF wireless headphones but they have started to have a lot of background buzz/white noise, so I'm not using them anymore. The main use of my headset is when playing SP games.

I'm looking for recommendations from you guys. You may have noticed that the ones I use do not have a microphone, and that is fine as I don't use headphones when in a party but I may consider a mic, especially a detachable one. I would prefer a wireless headset but that could be ignored for the right set. It must have two ears though, so I can ignore the wife. laugh

I have been considering the HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 02 November 18 at 15:46
I currently use these, and they're wonderful: https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-599-Open-Headphone/dp/B...

Note that the default cable does not have a mic thingy on it, but it can easily be replaced with one that has one such as: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Cable-Upgrade-Sennheise... (couldn't find this exact one on US Amazon but you get the point)

I find "gaming" headsets to generally be overpriced garbage, so I stick to actual headphones from manufacturers I trust.
What can change the nature of a man?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 November 18 at 16:49
This would be an awesome little forum if we were to list and rate 360 and One mics. I'm so sick of buying mics and them breaking within weeks or even days, I have purchased expensive ones only for them to break and even the latest recommendation from a guy in a session party broke in one week. I'm not throwing them around or anything, I'm careful with all of them.

Here's a list of all the mics I've bought over the years and that broke basically straightaway:

Gizmos N Gadgets White Premium Deluxe £7.50 - Shite
Turtle Beach Ear Force XL 1 £30- Shite
Turtle Beach XC1 Gaming Headset £7- Shite
Turtle Beach Wireless X32 Wireless £30 - Shite
Turtle Beach X12 £70 - Shite
Venom Nighthawk - £20 - Shite

If anyone can recommend something below the £50 mark that actually works for more than a month I'd be glad to check it out smile
In a room full of emptiness
Living Legends
Posted on 13 November 18 at 05:04
just bought Hyperx Alpha headset and they are great headphones. Flexible mic and a braided cable that can be used for other devices. Great bass and sound quality. $100
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 19 November 18 at 18:42
I'm gone with HYPERX Cloud II Pro 7.1. Thanks for the comments, especially the ones to avoid. I wanted to keep the cost down, around £50 and these are at £70.

BTW, the ones in my OP (Sennheiser) just snapped as I took them off. Wankstain.
Living Legends
Posted on 19 November 18 at 18:52
hyoer x are a good brand and the cloud 2 is the one below the alphas. they are good ones
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 19 November 18 at 19:05
Living Legends said:
hyoer x are a good brand and the cloud 2 is the one below the alphas. they are good ones
https://www.hyperxgaming.com/en/headsets/cloud-alpha-pro-gam...

Is that yours? There the same price as cloud II, as there on sale.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 08 March 19 at 19:36
LuckyConquerer2 said:
I'm gone with HYPERX Cloud II Pro 7.1. Thanks for the comments, especially the ones to avoid. I wanted to keep the cost down, around £50 and these are at £70.

BTW, the ones in my OP (Sennheiser) just snapped as I took them off. Wankstain.
Howd these turn out for you? Im looking for a headset currently and i keep coming back to the astros a50 but i dont know if i can stomach 300 for a headset
Matthew
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.