Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

UNO & Friends Server Closure Delayed for the Third Time

• KBop a dooKBop a doo387,536
  • kazzer86kazzer86865,270
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 20:32
    They are persistent.
  • The NotoThe Noto634,254
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 20:38
    I wish other server closures kept getting pushed back.
  • DiesskayDiesskay916,991
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 20:39
    Is it for sure? I wanted to start it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 November 18 at 20:45
    As long as they make money with in game purchases they 'll keep pushing the deadline
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan964,508
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 20:47
    In reality, the game's server just doesn't want to shut down.
  • Inferno118Inferno1183,221,790
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 20:57
    Such a random game to keep pushing the servers back lol, I would think that not many people are still buying/playing the game? Curious as to the push back
  • The NotoThe Noto634,254
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 21:38
    Inferno118 said:
    Such a random game to keep pushing the servers back lol, I would think that not many people are still buying/playing the game? Curious as to the push back
    I stopped playing back in June or July, but there were ALWAYS people online playing the game.
  • A Gray SharkA Gray Shark1,442,236
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 22:00
    i am happy because I still need to hit level 100 and I am lazy and really so hitting 100 is not easy
  • Sir Jam TeaSir Jam Tea979,832
    Posted on 02 November 18 at 22:07
    it would be nice if 8.1 were given the ability to redownload deleted games, or put this one back on there while the servers are still up.
    They say of the acropolis where the Parthenon is.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 November 18 at 01:11
    It's very good news, I'm very close to level 100 using two computers. I thought that I would not achieve this until the date set for closure for the second time. Unfortunately the game does not start my session on Xbox days ago and that worries me, I hope that before the closing date this is solved for me. roll
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x779,389
    Posted on 03 November 18 at 02:39
    The Noto said:
    Inferno118 said:
    I stopped playing back in June or July, but there were ALWAYS people online playing the game.
    Actually there are quite a bit of people playing this game still. I've very rarely gotten into a game with just bots. Most games have had at least 1 human player and some are ranked ridiculously high. Can definitely tell they play everyday.
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • Posted on 03 November 18 at 11:51
    I know there are probably people still playing (Xbox 360 UNO was a big deal once, probably still people playing that too...) but I thought the original shutdown was supposed to be a consequence of their contract with Mattel ending, or something like that.

Thankful for this though. I keep debating over and over whether I should start this, and I think I should. Already locked out of UNO (WP) and UNO Rush, I guess I shouldn't let it be four games.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 November 18 at 12:40
    TREEHUGGER240 said:
    i am happy because I still need to hit level 100 and I am lazy and really so hitting 100 is not easy
    I'm same way. Like theres times you can play and want to play. But its like a chore and you end up doing something else woth your time. Lol
    Obtained the shadows rushed me.
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182574,602
    Posted on 03 November 18 at 19:53
    Gameloft must be making a boat load of money off the games microtransactions. That's the only thing I can think of as to why the servers haven't been shut down.
  • Posted on 04 November 18 at 21:23
    Shovelloft (Gameloft) keeps pushing the closure back because there should never have been plans for a closure in the first place! They may as well cancel the closure and let players play on it for a lifetime, even on Windows 20. You know a bad company when they discontinue online modes, discontinue a game, or discontinue achievements. I bought both permanent upgrade add-ons for Uno only to find-out they take away my free 45 minute scratch-offs even though I paid them money for an UPGRADE, not a DOWNGRADE, but hey, Gameloft is one of those shovelware companies from Wii and DS days. Their newest games are just pay-to-win.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.