Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption 2 Forum

So the 70 gold achievement is pretty much impossible

AuthorMessage
OOOHHH YEAAHHH
Posted on 03 November 18 at 05:09
Unless you look up the requirements beforehand. And even then if you complete the mission and one of the requirements doesn't unlock, it's still broken. When you redo a mission you start it next to no resources and stats.

Just a heads up for people not checking the achievement comments to avoid spoilers.
HollabackGaming
Posted on 03 November 18 at 05:30
Could you elaborate more on this?
JungAndReckless
Posted on 03 November 18 at 05:48
Wut
OOOHHH YEAAHHH
Posted on 03 November 18 at 06:05
Unless you get the gold medal on your first try, you need to replay the mission. And when you replay the mission, you don't get to pick what items you have with you and your stats are below what are needed (like not having enough Dead eye or stamina). On top of that, you don't even know what the criteria for the gold medal are unless you look it up ahead of time.
BabyishDuck
BabyishDuck
Posted on 03 November 18 at 06:51
So are the gold medals like they were on GTA 5 where you could multiple runs to do separate challenges? Or is it like Tbogt.
OOOHHH YEAAHHH
Posted on 03 November 18 at 06:53
nope. gotta do every thing in one go. and if you restart a checkpoint it usually voids something on the list. like I said it's broken.
TheOdd101
TheOdd101
Posted on 03 November 18 at 16:28
It's really annoying that the game puts you back to your base stats when you're replaying missions, it makes any of deadeye challenges basically impossible.

I really hope they do something about it.
Tenreth
Tenreth
Posted on 03 November 18 at 22:15
It seems broken af. Just did a mission without restarts and failed 2 objectives. Accuracy and headshots. Well: ALL MY SHOTS WERE HITS (everyone was killed in deadeye). And definitely more than 10 headshots. Fuck this game.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 04 November 18 at 00:56
Yeah, not knowing what the requirements are is annoying. If R* is focusing on "complete immersion" in this experience, forcing us to replay 70 different missions is NOT how to go about doing it.

I know already I'm not even going to bother. I know it'll just make me hate the story and the game. Terrible idea.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
OOOHHH YEAAHHH
Posted on 04 November 18 at 02:06
yeah im not even bothering with the medals anymore. only halfway through the story. im hoping they fix it eventually.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 04 November 18 at 02:32
Lol
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 06 November 18 at 12:35, Edited on 06 November 18 at 12:40 by JakThaRiPP3R84
if you get the alligator tooth trinket, and the owl trinket from chapter 6 it gives u 25% increase to dead eye, and 15% to stamina and health, and the trinkets carry into retries. but yeah it fuckin sucks, you basically have to ruin the game for yourself watching the gta series walkthroughs of the missions before you attempt it. however there are various things to know that can help:

get those trinkets like i said, u can't get the legendary gator till chapter 4, other trinket requires you to do a honor mission in chapter 6 without killing anyone.

make a manual save before a mission, play it through get a feel for it, try lowering sensitivity and increasing acceleration, i manage to get precise deadeye streaks quite fast from all over the enviroment. also play in first person when inside.

also sometimes, like when your on a timed mission and you have to jump on your horse, or do something specific you can press left on d-pad, bring up the menu and abandon the mission, select retry checkpoint (it won't void the mission if u restart first checkpoint) and then u will find when u start it has reset the mission timer and your on your horse. so eperiement with resets sometimes it can help.

with the help of gta seies videos i've managed to get all but 6 missions gold in the first 3 chapters. but some missions took 10 retries and 6 hours each, just to get done. so it's a slog... i also have a challenge to find the corpses of 2 perfect tiny little fuckin birds, gj rockstar.

certain gunfight missions though are just impossible, u have to be a legit god to get through it. now i must go back to hunting theese fucking raccoons, i haven't found a single 3 star raccoon in my whole playtime.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 06 November 18 at 13:36
this achievement with resetting all ur tools and stats when u reply a mission pushes u to spoil the whole game for ur self and never be able to enjoy it and worry later for getting this achievement, i ignored a couple of missions thinking that i can go back to them later after i fully finish the game but then i noticed that i dont have my stats fully and tonics and guns and horse is reset to default, which is BS..so now i am playing the mission after i watch a video about the gold requirements and keep reloading the save everytime i fail which is like shit!
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 06 November 18 at 19:09
What a way to completely destroy the story, which is basically why people are playing this in the first place... especially since online isn't live yet.
Mortaigne
Mortaigne
Posted on 06 November 18 at 20:24
Yeah this is one of the reasons I dont care about the achievements for this game, i would never spoil mission beforehand just to get some gamerscore. This game is so damn good, I wont bother with achievements. Feels rather refreshing to be honest, hehe.
Avoids
Avoids
Posted on 07 November 18 at 14:19
I do not think it is that bad. I glance at the requirements beforehand and I manage to take care of them during the mission. I think i have gotten gold on every mission so far except 2..
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 07 November 18 at 14:30
Avoids said:
I do not think it is that bad. I glance at the requirements beforehand and I manage to take care of them during the mission. I think i have gotten gold on every mission so far except 2..
First of all... nice work!

My personal issue is that looking at the requirements has the potential to spoil the mission. For such a story-driven game, that seems counterproductive.
QuotientJan
QuotientJan
Posted on 07 November 18 at 22:32
As i see it there are two options = either Rockstar gives us the possibility to use current gear on mission replay, or make it so that challenges dont need to be done in one playthrough.

The fact that you have to always do the whole mission again is ridiculos. The gold medal in chapter 1 mission 2 took me 2 hours today - not to figure out that you shouldnt use the shotgun on the wolves but because you always have to fck'n ride that horse to the top of the mountain.

I dont have anything against a challenge, but to replay empty parts of the whole mission every time for a gold medal ist pure chicane.
BLYAST
BLYAST
Posted on 08 November 18 at 20:24, Edited on 08 November 18 at 20:27 by BLYAST
QuotientJan said:
As i see it there are two options = either Rockstar gives us the possibility to use current gear on mission replay, or make it so that challenges dont need to be done in one playthrough.
THIS. I will not be bothering either unless they patch at a later date. I had pure fun with the game, but this achievement in it's current state will make me hate it.
OG
Dr Scruffleton
Posted on 08 November 18 at 20:51, Edited on 08 November 18 at 20:52 by Dr Scruffleton
I normally dont agree with people who say stuff is "impossible", but yeah I agree this time. This shit is just broken. Id almost think you would have to do 2 full game playthroughs if you care about not being spoiled and on the 2nd time look up all the requirements beforehand. They really need to patch it so you can do multiple playthroughs on replays to do the requirements. But they probably wont do anything. They are moving on to online, so they can rake in the microtransction trash profit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.