Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption 2 Forum

So the 70 gold achievement is pretty much impossible

AuthorMessage
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 09 November 18 at 00:24
It's a not-well-thought-out achievement.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
ReptarOnIce3000
Posted on 09 November 18 at 05:38
It's really not too bad guys. Just read the medal challenges before you start a mission, save before you go through the mission and play it as your "Story Experience"/dumby run to familiarize yourself with the mission then reload and get the Gold. I'd often get Gold either first try doing this or at the very least my second. A few missions gave me trouble but nothing too crazy. I just got this today so it's very doable! smile
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 09 November 18 at 06:14
The downside though is that the mission requirements often contain spoilers.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
ReptarOnIce3000
Posted on 09 November 18 at 08:40
Hmm, sometimes they do I suppose, but I didn't find them to spoil anything often, or really much at all for me personally. But I get that as a concern
BLACKandBIG
BLACKandBIG
Posted on 09 November 18 at 19:31
I've completed a game with just 7 gold medals and managed to complete 45+ medals in just 2 days (by restarting missions). It's not impossible and there is no need to save before each mission and spoil first playthrough by endless restarts. I've barely touched act 2-3, so I think it wouldn't be a problem to finish all 70.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 10 November 18 at 00:06, Edited on 10 November 18 at 00:07 by Fooga
Sashamorning said:
Avoids said:
I do not think it is that bad. I glance at the requirements beforehand and I manage to take care of them during the mission. I think i have gotten gold on every mission so far except 2..
First of all... nice work!

My personal issue is that looking at the requirements has the potential to spoil the mission. For such a story-driven game, that seems counterproductive.
Halfway through chapter 4. They don’t spoil story. If you don’t scroll ahead and stick to one mission at a time, you’ll know what to expect already at that point.

But yeah, they should have either let us use our gear for the replays, or stuck to the old school golds from GTA as in letting us do one objective at a time. Having both of these makes replays essentially pointless if they’re easier to do first try.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 11 November 18 at 12:49
whenever anybody asks me how many time did u replay i will tell them that million times, cause i am replaying each and every mission to get gold on them! what a dumb idea
WhitestAFI2ICAN
Posted on 11 November 18 at 21:16
Hope they patch this so we at least keep our guns & loadout. Does anyone know if after you’ve finished 100% & all the story, can you just restart the game on a new save & go for the golds you missed? Or will it reset the ones you did get gold on? Also do cutscenes count as time in the timed missions?
BLACKandBIG
BLACKandBIG
Posted on 11 November 18 at 21:27, Edited on 11 November 18 at 21:29 by BLACKandBIG
1) You have your guns in Replay (Pistols and Rifles) 2) idk 3) I almost sure that cutscenes don't count. Atleast First and Last one. This achievement is not that hard in "Replay" tbh, I did almost all 70 missions with 1-3 tries
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 12 November 18 at 05:38
Does the timer still run when the game is paused?
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 12 November 18 at 13:11
BLACKandBIG said:
1) You have your guns in Replay (Pistols and Rifles) 2) idk 3) I almost sure that cutscenes don't count. Atleast First and Last one. This achievement is not that hard in "Replay" tbh, I did almost all 70 missions with 1-3 tries
No, you don't. That's the complaint people are making.
BLACKandBIG
BLACKandBIG
Posted on 12 November 18 at 14:18
THEpaynexkiller said:
BLACKandBIG said:
No, you don't. That's the complaint people are making.
People like to complain without even trying. You have all your sidearms and sometimes main weapons. + it doesn't matter as Auto-Aim works the same for every weapon.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 13 November 18 at 04:53
I have all my pistols and rifles when replaying.
PennyWise36One
Posted on 13 November 18 at 05:08, Edited on 13 November 18 at 05:09 by PennyWise36One
So I have a save at the very beginning of Chapter 3 that I am level 8 in all stats because I chose that time to go hunting and exploring for about 60 hours. Should I just pick back up from there and push forward with a stronger character or just replay missions on my complete save?

Mind you, that I have to replay just about every mission from the first two chapters anyway.

Is the strong character, choice of guns and extra tonics worth all the extra travel time that I will need to do getting from mission to mission?
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 13 November 18 at 07:51
PennyWise36One said:
So I have a save at the very beginning of Chapter 3 that I am level 8 in all stats because I chose that time to go hunting and exploring for about 60 hours. Should I just pick back up from there and push forward with a stronger character or just replay missions on my complete save?

Mind you, that I have to replay just about every mission from the first two chapters anyway.

Is the strong character, choice of guns and extra tonics worth all the extra travel time that I will need to do getting from mission to mission?
I think so. I'm barely into Chapter 3, and just going back and playing the Chapter 2 missions is hard because you basically have no way to restore Dead Eye without looting corpses. Obviously having to loot in the middle of a firefight adds obnoxious difficulty.
PennyWise36One
Posted on 13 November 18 at 08:10
Yeah I’m going to go that route, I also have the Legendary Satchel and a bunch of cash so I’m going to stock up to 99 on Tonics and Core Foods. Then I’m just going to hit the story missions one by one on that save, probably without ever needing to restock on anything except ammo.
rafa1000house
rafa1000house
Posted on 14 November 18 at 14:48, Edited on 14 November 18 at 14:48 by rafa1000house
After chapter 3 you will find a lot of missions that only require one easy thing, such as "find the thief in less than 30 seconds" or things like that. So it is a little waste of time to try to get all gold medals so early on chapter 2-3.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 14 November 18 at 21:43
rafa1000house said:
After chapter 3 you will find a lot of missions that only require one easy thing, such as "find the thief in less than 30 seconds" or things like that. So it is a little waste of time to try to get all gold medals so early on chapter 2-3.
Thank you! My story progress is at 25%, so I was really concerned that I only had 10 gold medals and the rest of the golds so far seemed too hard. Sounds like it won't be an issue then.
count023
count023
Posted on 26 November 18 at 12:41
anyone managed to pull off 70 medals using replay yet or has everyone done it using newgame/savescum/early gold?
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 26 November 18 at 13:10
Save before starting, play normally, reload save to go for gold if needed. Just don't progress unless you have gold. It's a little annoying, but I rather not replay stuff after I beat the game. I want to replay while it's fresh.

There are plenty of missions that don't have a lot of tough combat/time limit challenges that I think 70 is pretty doable. I'm in chapter 3 and just 2 really talky missions in chapter 1 and a couple in chapter 2 were tough. I got all golds in 2 though with mostly the 6 minute coach robbery needing several retries.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.