Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption 2 Forum

So the 70 gold achievement is pretty much impossible

AuthorMessage
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 26 November 18 at 18:14
This is going to sound awful, but I've gotten to the point in RDR2 where I just don't care about the game enough to replay any of the missions.

Heresy, I know.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 26 November 18 at 22:48
I got my 70 golds halfway into chapter 6, but the epilogue has insanely easy golds. Just an FYI for those who are struggling.

BLACKandBIG said:
1) You have your guns in Replay (Pistols and Rifles) 2) idk 3) I almost sure that cutscenes don't count. Atleast First and Last one. This achievement is not that hard in "Replay" tbh, I did almost all 70 missions with 1-3 tries
The cutscenes 100% count towards the timer. That BS is a Rockstar staple. What I’d do is when I started a mission for the first time, I’d watch the cutscene and then immediately abandon and restart the mission to skip the cutscene. You get the story and get to cut time off of your mission at the same time. I got most of my time objectives that way.
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 27 November 18 at 07:04
i am half way through chapter 4 and i have 41 gold so far, it is very doable if u focus from the first time of doing it, some missions with time restriction though they are pain in the butt but doable if u keep repeating or getting lucky.
actually i am kinda enjoying now nailing the gold in every mission, gives u the feeling of being a real bad ass once u see that damn gold medal popped :D
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 27 November 18 at 21:19
Does anyone know why the medal icon is sometimes a guy on a horse, and sometimes a key?

My initial guess was whether the medal was done on the first play versus a replay, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
IloveTEST400
IloveTEST400
Posted on 23 January 19 at 07:01
Lmao sat here reading about gold medals as I’m pulling my hair out, 13 left to go - nice to see I’m not the only one doing it on replay only 😩😩
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 23 January 19 at 23:49
zeldafanjtl said:
Does anyone know why the medal icon is sometimes a guy on a horse, and sometimes a key?

My initial guess was whether the medal was done on the first play versus a replay, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Apparently, the key icon medals are missions where the gang do a big robbery and split the take. When playing though it feels random because 95% of the missions in the game are shooty bois + escape.
Posting from sunny Australia.
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 29 January 19 at 10:22
Fooga said:
I got my 70 golds halfway into chapter 6, but the epilogue has insanely easy golds. Just an FYI for those who are struggling.

BLACKandBIG said:
1) You have your guns in Replay (Pistols and Rifles) 2) idk 3) I almost sure that cutscenes don't count. Atleast First and Last one. This achievement is not that hard in {#}Replay{#} tbh, I did almost all 70 missions with 1-3 tries
The cutscenes 100% count towards the timer. That BS is a Rockstar staple. What I’d do is when I started a mission for the first time, I’d watch the cutscene and then immediately abandon and restart the mission to skip the cutscene. You get the story and get to cut time off of your mission at the same time. I got most of my time objectives that way.
The timer is frozen like max payne 3 during cutscenes.
Kane no1 of the 7
Load Droppers
Posted on 30 January 19 at 18:09
I was able to get the 70 Gold's via Replay. It was a real pain, but not impossible. Chapter 2, and 3 are very doable. A lot of the Epilogue missions aren't too bad either. I pretty much steered clear of a lot of the timed missions since those were pretty buggy.
marklynx
marklynx
Posted on 03 February 19 at 02:41
It's definitely doable in replay's. Challenging but not impossible.
The Manic Moose
Posted on 03 February 19 at 22:10
Is anyone having issues with getting 80% accuracy on the opening mission? I just have done it 4/5 times without missing and somehow it never unlocks!!
fireiz
fireiz
Posted on 04 February 19 at 06:40
The Manic Moose said:
Is anyone having issues with getting 80% accuracy on the opening mission? I just have done it 4/5 times without missing and somehow it never unlocks!!
i got it normally, just make sure not to spam shotting, between u and me just shoot 1 shot then hide cause i remember there was "no damage" requirement as well, let dutch and mika do the killing, i got it this way
Have no fear, Amjad is here
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 04 February 19 at 08:14
I have been reading through this to decide whether or not I want to start this game and this makes me heavily favor avoiding it. I am hardcore for completion and this just sounds dumb.
The Fox Rocks!
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 04 February 19 at 08:46
Hexa Fox said:
I have been reading through this to decide whether or not I want to start this game and this makes me heavily favor avoiding it. I am hardcore for completion and this just sounds dumb.
It's really not hard to do if you're willing to save scum so you can redo your "first" plays of missions. It breaks up the flow a bit, but the difficulty of doing it the first time versus on a replay is night and day.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 15 February 19 at 01:44
zeldafanjtl said:
Hexa Fox said:
It's really not hard to do if you're willing to save scum so you can redo your "first" plays of missions. It breaks up the flow a bit, but the difficulty of doing it the first time versus on a replay is night and day.
Yeah, though I ended up checking the requirements before doing the missions to save time because almost every mission ends in a shootout anyway so seeing a "score X headshots" requirement doesn't come as a huge spoiler.

There's a great google spreadsheet in the comments of the top guide I used to track the medals. Since you only need 70 it helps determine which ones you can skip, with its X medals needed from Y missions remaining counter and their difficulty rating.
Posting from sunny Australia.
KontoGR
KontoGR
Posted on 26 March 19 at 16:06
They aren't that hard, it took me 3 days (around 18 hours of gameplay) to get them in replay. Also I did some difficult mission just to see how "hard" they are, and they are not. I got all gold medals in Chapters 1,2,3,4 , Chapter 5 i couldn't do 1 mission gold so I passed it, and then I did some easy ones in the epilogue. This achievement is sure DOABLE
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 02 April 19 at 19:08
Boy just from reading this, sounds like I'll be having fun. Split between looking objs up ahead of time, half the time I end up missing one or two that I really just don't get.
MERKgruber4
MERKgruber4
Posted on 02 April 19 at 23:28
I finally got this done in replay and it wasn't quite as bad as everyone says. Yeah, your stats suck, but I think having played through it all once already was a benefit actually. I knew what to expect. I knew the requirements. The worst part was riding like 8 minutes to a mission point and missing a shot or pushing a wrong button and having to restart the entire thing again. That was brutal. Some of the ones that were easy for some were hard for me and vice versa. Youtube videos help a lot.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 15 May 19 at 21:32
Also got this done in replay. It's really not too bad. Some missions you might have to attempt a few times, but once you know the mission pretty well it's not bad at all. Youtube videos help a ton, especially the comments. For a handful of missions people have some very solid advice that takes advantage of some of the mechanics within the missions to make certain objectives extremely easy.
Also found this online, it helped a bit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A-KDkbLHjXM3aRYcidsH...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.