Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Eternal Announced For Xbox One

• Posted on 04 November 18 at 23:37
    Free-to-play card game coming to Xbox later this month

Please click here to read the story: Eternal Announced For Xbox One
  • DuckCB4LDuckCB4L787,033
    Posted on 04 November 18 at 23:44
    I’ll check this out
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2911,007
    Posted on 04 November 18 at 23:45
    Cool more free to play. And more gamerscore for this lady.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • Posted on 05 November 18 at 00:24
    Been a longtime player of Magic and decided to give this a spin. Played through the "campaign," a few real matches against players, and tried a draft once. All in all a fun game. Will definitely give this a try on console if it has achievements.
    Dark Souls Remastered thoughts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uOvr35GEKQ
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 November 18 at 00:44
    That dude in the pic is total metal! roll
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,503,543
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 00:51
    Great to see more card games coming to console smile
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic407,130
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 04:16, Edited on 05 November 18 at 04:18 by Rhyolitic
    I saw "Eternal Announced for Xbox One" on my homepage with the byline of Lucy Wood. For some reason, I read it as "Eternal Wood Announced for Xbox One"...and I snickered...

...why yes...I'm not all that mentally mature.

laugh
  • CalrethiCalrethi85,185
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 06:40
    DungeonxLurker said:
    Been a longtime player of Magic and decided to give this a spin. Played through the "campaign," a few real matches against players, and tried a draft once. All in all a fun game. Will definitely give this a try on console if it has achievements.
    It will have achievements, all games do.

Assuming its the steam list it will be a hard 100%, getting to Masters in draft is not easy
  • Posted on 05 November 18 at 08:49
    May give this a try.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane724,547
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 11:43
    I'd prefer MTG Arena...
  • CalrethiCalrethi85,185
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 13:30
    SweetArkhane said:
    I'd prefer MTG Arena...
    Eternal is actually a much better game, very free to play friendly, better digital interface and a game designed for it- but still very similar to magic.

Arena only just went into open beta, will likely be years until they get to consoles, not even on phones yet!
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 13:56
    Calrethi said:
    SweetArkhane said:
    I'd prefer MTG Arena...
    Eternal is actually a much better game, very free to play friendly, better digital interface and a game designed for it- but still very similar to magic.

Arena only just went into open beta, will likely be years until they get to consoles, not even on phones yet!
    I've been playing MTG for too long now, I'm too much used to it, and pretty reluctant to get involved in another CCG game^^
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,503,543
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 14:34
    SweetArkhane said:
    Calrethi said:
    SweetArkhane said:
    I'd prefer MTG Arena...

I've been playing MTG for too long now, I'm too much used to it, and pretty reluctant to get involved in another CCG game^^
    I find CCGs are like learning new languages once you’ve learnt one it’s much easier to learn a second, third etc. There are many transferable skills, you just have to learn the basic mechanics than are different in each game.
  • CalrethiCalrethi85,185
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 15:17
    SweetArkhane said:
    Calrethi said:
    SweetArkhane said:
    I'd prefer MTG Arena...

Eternal is basically magic in most of its mechanics, its made by Dire Wolf, which includes people like LSV, Pat Chapin, Conley Woods- a whole bunch of Magic pros and Hall of Famers.

If you want a great CCG that you can play on your mobile (and soon xbox) I would seriously give it a try- the tutorial is a bit of a drag if you have skills from Magic, but once you are past it and into the game its great.

Has a bunch of good PVE modes as well as the usual PVP ones, it is also really easy to build up a collection- unlike Arena :)
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch812,154
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 16:41
    Do cards/progress carry across platforms? Would probably give this a try if I could work on it on my phone and then come back and pop some achievements on the Xbox.
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 17:09
    Still, I know I won't be involved in it because it's a F2P. Other than Magic, I'd prefer games like Hand of Fate (still haven't tried it) because I know it won't disappear anytime soon because I "own" it.

And about CCG games, I only play Magic digitally because I play Magic in real life, those kind of games are better played physically, so it might be interesting, but not enough so I play it right away (in terms of F2P most of the time I start them when TA announce a server closure^^).
  • CalrethiCalrethi85,185
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 18:07
    Mike Pitch said:
    Do cards/progress carry across platforms? Would probably give this a try if I could work on it on my phone and then come back and pop some achievements on the Xbox.
    It has 100% crossplay, so Xbox/phone/steam all the same account :)

I imagine its why its Xbox and not on PS4 :)
  • CalrethiCalrethi85,185
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 18:08
    SweetArkhane said:
    Still, I know I won't be involved in it because it's a F2P. Other than Magic, I'd prefer games like Hand of Fate (still haven't tried it) because I know it won't disappear anytime soon because I "own" it.

And about CCG games, I only play Magic digitally because I play Magic in real life, those kind of games are better played physically, so it might be interesting, but not enough so I play it right away (in terms of F2P most of the time I start them when TA announce a server closure^^).
    It is insanely generous ftp though, So it is far from the Hearthstone etc model.

However if completion is an issue for you, this will be a tough one- getting to Master Rank in Draft is not easy- I haven’t managed it yet
  • ZukapeZukape276,797
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 18:25
    Still waiting for Heartstone or Duelyst to come xbox one...
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch812,154
    Posted on 05 November 18 at 19:05
    Calrethi said:
    Mike Pitch said:
    It has 100% crossplay, so Xbox/phone/steam all the same account :)

I imagine its why its Xbox and not on PS4 :)
    Thanks! Downloaded it and set up my account. Looks good, may play it even if I decide to not go for the achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.