Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Call of Cthulhu Review

• KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,123,764
    Posted on 06 November 18 at 05:17Permalink
    very disappointed. The trailer looked fab, but those screen shots look like a 1990's PC game. one less on my wish list!
  • Posted on 06 November 18 at 10:21Permalink
    Kanchanaburi said:
    very disappointed. The trailer looked fab, but those screen shots look like a 1990's PC game. one less on my wish list!
    I wish I grew up in your version of the 90s!
  • Posted on 06 November 18 at 15:30Permalink
    Looks like I'll be waiting until it's on sale. Shame, I was really looking forward to this and Vampyr.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899364,320
    Posted on 06 November 18 at 17:21Permalink
    Dagon will find you for and you will be condemned to listen to the howls of Yog Sothoth for eternity!!!
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899364,320
    Posted on 06 November 18 at 17:22Permalink
    I really want this game and it is on my £10 wish list.
  • Azrael008ukAzrael008uk217,825
    Posted on 06 November 18 at 20:35Permalink
    Adar Kane said:
    Depends on the achievement difficulty for me. My experience with Cthulhu is the South Park when Cartman aligns with Cthulhu and then betrays him. laugh
    The achievements are easy to get and when you hit the end, you can re-load and "choose" differently and get another achievement or 2.

But expect to make at least 2 playthroughs if you want to get all the achievements.

You could have a go at some of the graphics in the game but overall they're pretty good and the immersive story definitely helps.
  • Posted on 07 November 18 at 03:36Permalink
    I like this game quite a bit. Yes, the visuals are very poor and some of the subtitles are actually incorrect or misspelled at times but the story drew me in. H.P. Lovecraft is one of my favorite authors and the whole Cthulhu Mythos and lore (like the Necronomicon) are a staple that I love to see in games and movies (In the Mouth of Madness, anyone?)

I haven't finished my first playthrough yet but I would highly recommend it. I like the inclusion of the sanity meter although I wish they would have put more RPG mechanics into it, overall.
  • Ry FryyRy Fryy383,523
    Posted on 07 November 18 at 03:50Permalink
    Finished the game a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Taking a break but I plan to replay again with some different choices.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.