Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 05 November 18 at 23:33
    Please use this thread to discuss the Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder walkthrough
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,229,564
    Posted on 18 July 19 at 15:33
    amazing walkthrough..

You might wanna add that you have to start the game on expertdifficulty though, as that isnt mentioned at all in the walkthrough, until the final line
  • angelskangelsk745,060
    Posted on 18 July 19 at 15:37
    TheMaize said:
    amazing walkthrough..

You might wanna add that you have to start the game on expertdifficulty though, as that isnt mentioned at all in the walkthrough, until the final line
    It’s mentioned on the first page

Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders Walkthrough
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,229,564
    Posted on 18 July 19 at 15:42
    it surely is..i missed that as i went straight to general tips :o)

Sorry about that. In that case the walkthrough is perfect (and i already gave it a thumps up earlier)
  • angelskangelsk745,060
    Posted on 18 July 19 at 15:43
    TheMaize said:
    it surely is..i missed that as i went straight to general tips :o)

Sorry about that. In that case the walkthrough is perfect (and i already gave it a thumps up earlier)
    smile
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,663,096
    Posted on 12 August 19 at 17:08, Edited on 12 August 19 at 19:14 by Lavindathar
    Few mistakes -

Edit - Ok, after editing this post a ton, its obviously more than a few mistakes. You really should playtest these before you submit it for publication, because the walkthrough staff don't have the manpower to do it, or they might not own the game etc. They just assume you've done it yourself and its correct.

Edit 2 - Lol, how many mistakes are in this thing. Spending more time editing this post than playing the game.

**When making the pickaxe, you just say assemble the shaft and the head. You don't mention you need to use the rope to tighten it. Before you do this, it's called 'loosely fitting pickaxe'. You can't progress until you've done this step.

** On the HoP in the crate (after breaking the chain), on your picture you haven't circled the Fletchling (the arrow at the top). I didn't check your other pictures, as its faster me solving themselves than using (possibly) incorrect pictures. They all might be worth checking.

** Scene: Ancient Estate
    Zoom in on the square on the wall on the bottom right
    Pick up the leather belt

This should read bottom left.

**Scene: Portal Platform
    Zoom in on the floating chest
    Use the thick rope with the chest
    Interact with the chest to get an twisted torch

You don't interact with the chest. Doing that gets you bitten. You pick the torch up off the floor near the chest.

**Scene: Room of Curios
    Zoom in on the box on the shelf on the right of the ladder
    Interact with the genie toy twice to release a spring
    Use the pincers with the steel spring

It's above the ladder, not to the right of it.

** After fixing the portal conductor, you say :
    Pick up the portal conductor

You're missing a line. You need to 'use portal conductor with Orion'. Interacting with him does nothing.

Persian Nights: Sands of WondersSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders worth 24 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

This achievement isn't earnt where you state it is in the walkthrough. It's earnt much earlier. The part you have it listed as is nothing to do with the Shadow Lord, you are just repairing the portal so you can move around. Can't remember exactly where it popped, so you might have to replay it, but where you currently have is wrong.

Persian Nights: Sands of WondersSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders worth 24 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

This doesn't pop where you state. It pops the first time you get to the vista, after entering the barrels and climbing the ladder.

** Zoom in on the cart
    Use the wagon jack on the wheel
    Interact with wagon jack
    remove the wheel

Use the greasy brush on the empty shaft
    Use the makeshift wheel on the greasy shaft
    Use the wooden wedge to hold the wheel on

You need the stuff in bold added in.

Zoom in on the gate at the back
    Interact with the wood to move it
    Interact with the note to move it.
    Zoom in on the lock
    Use the lock pick with the lock. Rotate the picks to open the lock

Add the bold bit.

Open your inventory. Zoom in on the long thick sash. Interact with the sash to unravel it. Use the hook with the sash. Interact with the sash to tie a knot in the end.

Add the bold bit.

Use the salt and the oxidising mineral with the pestle and mortar and interact with it to grind
    Grab the pestle and add to the glass bottle

Change for mortar. Mortar is the bowl, pestle is the smashy club stick. You want to add the contents of the mortar to the bottle.

Another one that doesn't unlock when you state. It unlocks as the title description says, when you enter Qanat. No idea why you've got it further down. Getting a bit silly now after edit 573 of this post.

There really, really shouldn't be this many errors in a published walkthrough.

At the end of the tunnel zoom in on the hole in the wall
    Use the huge firecracker with the crack and stand back!
    Use living flame with huge firecracker

You need to light it.

Zoom in on the arched pistol.

You mean piston.

Doesn't pop where you said it does. It pops when darius says 'I guess we made it to the bottom floor, when you first enter the Under the palace scene.'

There were tons of other little errors, but it wasn't worth my time to keep going on this. These are the main ones that actually effected the guide. I'd suggest replaying the game and editing as you go. The errors jump out if you follow it line for line.

If you don't wanna correct the errors, I'll happily re-write the walkthrough as I hate having things like this up there. But I'll give you chance to do it first. I don't wanna have to waste the time writing one, and im sure you don't want yours overwritten by someone else's walkthrough.
  • angelskangelsk745,060
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 17:44
    I had thought I'd replied to this. I think I left it a bit because I was trying to figure out how to reply politely, and I forgot.

Thank you for your feedback. I did make a note that I needed to make some changes, but as you can tell I haven't had the time/energy/space.

I don't see anything game breaking in the list; but I appreciate the time you took to compile it.

I hope to be able to get to this soon.
  • angelskangelsk745,060
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 21:09, Edited on 14 October 19 at 21:14 by angelsk
    I've made a bunch of minor minor edits. Some of the stuff you said was just wrong. so I've gone with what the game said. Having gone through the entire walkthrough nothing was really stopping you from completing the game; but it now should be clearer (like interacting with a thing when the only thing you can do is interact with it).

Also the non-missable story achievements are now on the correct lines.

Waiting for overseer to publish.

Btw, this was play tested before publishing.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,663,096
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 09:29
    angelsk said:
    I've made a bunch of minor minor edits. Some of the stuff you said was just wrong. so I've gone with what the game said. Having gone through the entire walkthrough nothing was really stopping you from completing the game; but it now should be clearer (like interacting with a thing when the only thing you can do is interact with it).

Also the non-missable story achievements are now on the correct lines.

Waiting for overseer to publish.

Btw, this was play tested before publishing.
    None of the stuff was wrong, I assure you.

What do you mean you’ve ‘gone with what the game said’.
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper991,343,737
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 15:04
    I can try to do another play through of the game and check further, but I used this WT during my own play of the game and definitely did not have the problems you did.

I did push through a bunch of changes though as indicated. I think she meant what the wt said rather than game.
  • angelskangelsk745,060
    Posted on 20 October 19 at 15:16
    RadicalSniper99 said:
    I can try to do another play through of the game and check further, but I used this WT during my own play of the game and definitely did not have the problems you did.

I did push through a bunch of changes though as indicated. I think she meant what the wt said rather than game.
    Game/ walkthrough - same diff ;) .
    The game had the box to the right of the ladder, therefore I left it in the walkthrough that it was to the right of the ladder. Things like that.
    Either way, twice play tested and defo all correct.
    Thanks for publishing the minor alterations Jesse - I hate accidentally having typos in walkthroughs. :)
  • SpeleoFoolSpeleoFool1,347,811
    Posted on 10 July 20 at 04:16
    Minor nitpick: The guide neglected to mention that the "metal round thing" on the table at the Simurgh's Campground was the bunsen burner or that I needed to pick it up after I "loosened it," and when it came time to light the burner for my potion I wasn't sure where I had missed it.

Somehow I didn't notice a "Pick" option for the "metal round thing," and when I searched the walkthrough page for "burner" there was no match. A quick fix would be to change the bullet text to:

Interact with "leg" on the metal round thing on the right to separate it. Pick up the burner.

Otherwise the walkthrough was perfect; all steps present and clear, and I blasted through the game. Thanks!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.