Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The 15 Best Enhanced Games to Play One Year After the Xbox One X's Release

AuthorMessage
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 08 November 18 at 00:03
Amnios said:
No Forza 7? And Red Dead 2, with it's washed out HDR is questionable.
HDR looks good on mine. Did you adjust your tv settings when you got it, the default ones aren't ideal for gaming.

When I got mine, I went through some of the forums like this one https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/736o62/lg_oled_c7b... so you might look for something similar for you tv.

Also some people don't even realize that they have to turn on the HDR on their tv settings as well, so be careful as to the sources you are reading if you aren't experiencing it first hand.

Same goes using ARC settings as well. Admittedly, I thought you just had to plug into arc on both surround and my tv, so was assuming arc for a while. Realized it later, and turned it on in the tv settings and on the surround sound settings, and actually am using arc now.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 November 18 at 00:53
Agree with some choices, disagree with others.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 08 November 18 at 09:03
It seems like I'm unintentionally saving myself for the X, I have only played one of these.
Legohead 1977
The Manic Moose
Posted on 08 November 18 at 10:25
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Assassin's Creed Origins is missing. That shit is beautiful. First game I played on my 55'' OLED and it blew my mind. I could never go back to a weak system like the S after that.

and WOW, no Gears 4 or Battlefront 2?? Gears 4 especially looks jaw dropping.
I probably have the same TV as you or similar (LG OLED B7) and Red Dead 2 looks amazing in HDR and Horizon 4 also looks really good, however, I just wasn't that impressed with either Origins or Odyssey - they look good but not 'wow' which both RDR2 and Horizon 4 did for me.

I'm going to mess about with settings later to see if I am missing something but a few people have said how good the 2 latest Assassin creed games look but I just don't see it?
Ultramarine360
Posted on 08 November 18 at 10:38
Final fantasy xv???? Agree about senuas sacrifice and witcher 3 and forza horizon 4
Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 08 November 18 at 14:07
The Manic Moose said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Assassin's Creed Origins is missing. That shit is beautiful. First game I played on my 55'' OLED and it blew my mind. I could never go back to a weak system like the S after that.

I probably have the same TV as you or similar (LG OLED B7) and Red Dead 2 looks amazing in HDR and Horizon 4 also looks really good, however, I just wasn't that impressed with either Origins or Odyssey - they look good but not 'wow' which both RDR2 and Horizon 4 did for me.

I'm going to mess about with settings later to see if I am missing something but a few people have said how good the 2 latest Assassin creed games look but I just don't see it?
That's strange because I've played RDR2 and Odyssey and the graphics to me on Odyssey in especially the people and details in the landscape look way nicer. One thing that absolutely Rockstar does best in RDR2 is the Weather.... Especially the fog, mist, snow while wind is blowing look second to none and are breathtaking. FWIW Some TV's may require tweaking from one game to the next and I actually compared these games on two different xbox's and seperate TV's of the same model at the same time. Both games areabsolutly gorgeous and for those of you wanting actual side by side comparison this is about the only differences I've noticed.
RedDragonSwords
Posted on 08 November 18 at 14:58
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

That's because its successor is on the list.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 08 November 18 at 15:13, Edited on 08 November 18 at 15:15 by Shinnizle
Legohead 1977 said:
It seems like I'm unintentionally saving myself for the X, I have only played one of these.
I think it's just that you have a habit of waiting for a really good price before you buy, and thus haven't bought many of those, let alone start them.

As for myself, I surprisingly played a few more of these than I thought:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

I also own a few I haven't started yet:

I will most likely buy these at some point or another down the line:

And I have no interest in those whatsoever (because they're all RPGs):
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
DaBlackAlbino
DaBlackAlbino
Posted on 08 November 18 at 16:28
The Witcher 3 is easily the best game I've played in a long time.

And I was very impressed by Assassin's Creed Origins last year.

This is better. Honestly, best western RPG I've ever played. Better than Fallout, Oblivion etc.

Truly a masterpiece.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 08 November 18 at 17:36
Shinnizle said:
Legohead 1977 said:
I think it's just that you have a habit of waiting for a really good price before you buy, and thus haven't bought many of those, let alone start them.

If you don't have any interest in The Witcher 3 because it's a RPG then don't waste your time with AC Odyssey or Origins as they are full blown RPG's and very much the same in many ways.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 08 November 18 at 18:08
I'll keep that in mind.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 08 November 18 at 21:58
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider was astounding too. So much damn detail. Mediocrity never looked so freaking good.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 09 November 18 at 05:42, Edited on 09 November 18 at 05:44 by Chakaal Starr
XBox Assassin83 said:
Shinnizle said:
Legohead 1977 said:

If you don't have any interest in The Witcher 3 because it's a RPG then don't waste your time with AC Odyssey or Origins as they are full blown RPG's and very much the same in many ways.
A lot of genres are blending these days, there is rpg elements in red dead 2, and Far Cry 5 as well. In red dead, to improve your deadeye skills and honor, you do chores around camp, doing mostly good deeds opens up specific missions, you talk to npcs and choose different dialogue options, you pick up assorted items you can sell to vendors, you do mini quests for people you meet. You would think I was describing an rpg.

Far Cry has skill paths. On the flip side, he is avoiding fallout 4 which can be played like an open world action game. At the same time, he owns dishonoured, which is very similar to fallout 4 in many ways. Fallout 76 must be a confusing one, since that one is in the vein rust and ark, but it kind of like Fallout 4.

A lot of people ranted about Hellblade, but while I feel it was a nice looking game, I found myself getting tired of the puzzles it presented mixed in with repetative combat.
DangerousBliss
Posted on 09 November 18 at 14:24
CRISTIAMUZ said:
Haven't seen what doom looks like, perhaps it's time...
It was already beautiful before the Xbox One X. Also, one of the smoothest and most fun experiences I've had with a FPS.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 11 November 18 at 06:23
KJer25 said:
Nier was fantastic! Green light the sequel ASAP!
I must concur. I bought it due to all the hype, albeit with mixed feelings as I'm usually not that into those type of games, but goddamn was it amazing. How many games can make 3 playthroughs feel so fresh every damn time! ...and the story was immense...
Streets Ahead
Nooblade
Nooblade
Posted on 22 November 18 at 17:57
Rocket League isnt enhanced yet
Nooblade
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.