Game Discussion: Grand Theft Auto IV Forum

Progress online (money) not saving.

AuthorMessage
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 08 November 18 at 04:39, Edited on 02 January 19 at 18:29 by PLAYER Kiiro 4
I'm helping a friend to boost to max level online: Since the beginning of this week the progress we do (the money earned) is not saved. Yes, we earn the money, but when we leave the game and come back all the money we gained previously in the boosting disappear. Weird, very weird.
PLAYER Kiiro 4
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 09 November 18 at 09:36
Today again. This time I tried to save the game on offline mode after the boosting but without success.
PLAYER Kiiro 4
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 12 November 18 at 12:00
Today it appears our progress online has come back to normal... finally.
PLAYER Kiiro 4
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 13 November 18 at 11:13
Today it appears our progress online has come back to normal... finally.
No... my mistake...
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Sir Lagselot
Sir Lagselot
Posted on 02 January 19 at 18:05
what do you mean? I'm having a very similar issue with my boosting partner. We will gain several hundred thousand through a happiness island ranked deathmatch, and then when we boot up we have lost the money.
James A Huff
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 02 January 19 at 18:28
Yes, precisely. Exactly what happened to me. I thought this issue had disappeared already.
PLAYER Kiiro 4
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 03 January 19 at 05:19
I hope for y’all’s sake it gets fixed eventually. Far Cry 2 is having a similar issue.
TimeBanditCODE
Posted on 10 January 19 at 04:34
I got the same problem. Money earned from matches aren't saving after the game is turned off.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 10 January 19 at 06:27
For what it's worth, someone claimed that Far Cry 2 progress will stick as long as the game is on, even if you temporarily lose your Live connection. GTA IV is a pretty stable game from what I remember, so as long as you've got reliable power, leaving your Xbox on might be a reasonable strategy.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 10 January 19 at 06:36
Leaderboards Not Tracking/Updating for Multiple Xbox 360 Games
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 13 January 19 at 18:14, Edited on 18 January 19 at 16:59 by PLAYER Kiiro 4
zeldafanjtl said:
For what it's worth, someone claimed that Far Cry 2 progress will stick as long as the game is on, even if you temporarily lose your Live connection. GTA IV is a pretty stable game from what I remember, so as long as you've got reliable power, leaving your Xbox on might be a reasonable strategy.
But mate, it won't work if you are going for the Wanted achievement

Grand Theft Auto IVWantedThe Wanted achievement in Grand Theft Auto IV worth 157 pointsAchieve the highest personal rank in multiplayer.

It requires earning 5 millions in online mode. And to get one million one must spend more than 12 hours of non-stop boosting...
PLAYER Kiiro 4
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 13 January 19 at 18:40
^I know it sucks, but it’s still possible. You could leave your Xbox on.

Alternatively, back in the day, before the current glitches were discovered, the best way to grind money in this game was to play Hangman’s NOOSE on hard. People have reported that progress does save when your matches are less than five minutes. NOOSE can easily be done in three, so that might be a way to go.
Silver1337
Silver1337
Posted on 14 January 19 at 00:38
PLAYER Kiiro 4 said:
But mate, it won't work if you are going for the Wanted

achievement
Grand Theft Auto IVWantedThe Wanted achievement in Grand Theft Auto IV worth 157 pointsAchieve the highest personal rank in multiplayer.

It requires earning 5 millions in online mode. And to get one million one must spend more than 12 hours of non-stop boosting...
It definitely is still possible, but you have to hope for a lot of little miracles to keep things running smoothly.

I was working on Wanted a few months ago, when the cash stopped saving halfway through the week. I managed to get my final $2 million or so in one session, which only took about 15 hours at $135k per hour on Happiness Island.

But the problem with the leaderboards has been fixed before, so maybe we can hope for it to be fixed again. *fingers crossed*
Living Legends
Posted on 14 January 19 at 01:09
I triple boxed this and made twice as much money so that's other option if you get to use wo consoles and find a partner.

Having four does not work, tested and the fourth player would spawn away
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 15 January 19 at 13:13
I feel sorry for you mates, even when I've got this achievement already. I have also some friends that still need it...
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Living Legends
Posted on 15 January 19 at 15:49
This îs nothing compared to quake 4s boosting dilemna
TimeBanditCODE
Posted on 29 January 19 at 00:29, Edited on 29 January 19 at 00:31 by TimeBanditCODE
Not sure if this is a good sign or not, but it seems like progress might be saving again. I've been doing a couple dozen 5 min matches and it seems to be saving my money progress even when i dashboard and turn off the console (powering off and unplugging the console). Gonna try for an hr game and see if that saves as well. I've got my main profile on my 360 and my secondary on the One doing backwards compatibility. Progress was also saving for the secondary account.
PLAYER Kiiro 4
Posted on 29 January 19 at 00:55
let's hope it goes back to normal....
PLAYER Kiiro 4
TimeBanditCODE
Posted on 29 January 19 at 02:02
yea, i just tested the hr match and it didn't save after dashboarding. The only thing that seems to work is 5 min or less matches.
Living Legends
Posted on 29 January 19 at 11:28
TimeBanditCODE said:
yea, i just tested the hr match and it didn't save after dashboarding. The only thing that seems to work is 5 min or less matches.
Any match after 5 mins and twenty seconds does count. Haven't tested the max time yet
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.