The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Full List of Free Xbox One Games

AuthorMessage
napoearth
625,488
napoearth
Posted on 09 November 18 at 22:39
All episodic games need to come off of this list. I know the site treats later episodes like DLC, but they are really part of the main game and cost money. The free "episode one" is incentive to get you hooked, not a game by itself.
I like Texas 'cause Texas is the only state ballsy enough to have its own toast. - Mitch Hedberg
SheBeatsYou
161,787
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 09 November 18 at 23:05
That cover art for Korgan gives me the creeps. That dwarf just doesn't look right LOL.
Dubs187
505,027
Dubs187
Posted on 09 November 18 at 23:14
Chef Not Chief said:
I said this last time this list was posted. Please correct the time for Paladins. The original 1000g is obtainable in a smaller amount of time than you have listed. But the 205g is an extreme grind. Should be changed to 200+ hours. Unless you plan on spending some serious cash on the game.
One achievement you need to have an account for 1 year.
Poopdog M60Riot
Posted on 09 November 18 at 23:19
Thanks for this, but would be more convenient if TA was also listed in a column.
Banana Big Boys
Gdinut
356,189
Gdinut
Posted on 09 November 18 at 23:28
A Kings Quest FF XV is a really good 1k if you like old style beat em up games.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 09 November 18 at 23:29
napoearth said:
All episodic games need to come off of this list. I know the site treats later episodes like DLC, but they are really part of the main game and cost money. The free "episode one" is incentive to get you hooked, not a game by itself.
It’s still counts as a free game for stats
FOKENWOLFEN
237,664
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 10 November 18 at 01:41
Need to put a "Estimated $$$ to complete" Box
EazyE2285
202,941
EazyE2285
Posted on 10 November 18 at 02:06, Edited on 10 November 18 at 02:07 by EazyE2285
WhataLumpV2 said:
Just a suggestion. This should be a permanent tab inside the 'Main Menu' so people can check on the free stuff & dlc anytime.

You can do news articles when there's new free stuff as a form of 'heads up' which is useful, such as Battlefield 1 dlc free till 31st October, but there should be a default 'free content' tab broken down in the 360 & One categories.

The trolls will moan anyway, whatever you do. But it would be useful to have the categories where they can be found without looking for articles.
It always has been in the main menu. It's also on the side shown in the below screenshot (as it's shown) in a lot of articles about sales or deals

https://preview.ibb.co/eL1Nxq/IMG-0396.jpg

NawtyCawty said:
There is no way on earth you can complete Fallout Shelter in less than 100 hours for free unless you are VERY VERY VERY lucky with legendary dwellers in lunchboxes.
Agreed. According to my Xbox I have 6D 1H 22M played. I've got 2 of 20 legendary dwellers (one was in my first lunchbox opened and one from a quest) yet I've opened probably somewhere between 50-100 lunch boxes which don't come that easily without paying
Camello Delgado
Posted on 10 November 18 at 05:28
Last time I tried the first episode of Batman: Enemy Within, Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and Walking Dead: A New Frontier but none of them unlocked achievements.

Is it possible to unlock achievements now?
Friggin Grease
Posted on 10 November 18 at 05:44
TheGreatKoala said:
I'm guessing that if you did a list of "Games you couldn't pay gamers to play", 90% of this list would show up on that list lol
My thinking exactly, keep free to play on the cell phones ffs
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31160404-pay-instantly-option-when-pre-ordering
Nardis
345,353
Nardis
Posted on 10 November 18 at 05:51
tons of telltale games, didn't realize all the first episodes were free
Iggsy81
188,779
Iggsy81
Posted on 10 November 18 at 09:26
Good luck trying to get the achievements in Onigiri. I played it for hundreds of hours and have about 200 gamerscore. They just make them so impossible, which is a pity cos i love the game's atmosphere and find it a fun world to be in.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 10 November 18 at 12:03
Friggin Grease said:
TheGreatKoala said:
I'm guessing that if you did a list of "Games you couldn't pay gamers to play", 90% of this list would show up on that list lol
My thinking exactly, keep free to play on the cell phones ffs
The F2P model works great for a lot of games. If you don't like them, don't play them. Pretty simple.
Zorlac0666
147,306
Zorlac0666
Posted on 10 November 18 at 13:46
Our Afflictions said:
Friggin Grease said:
TheGreatKoala said:
I'm guessing that if you did a list of "Games you couldn't pay gamers to play", 90% of this list would show up on that list lol
My thinking exactly, keep free to play on the cell phones ffs
The F2P model works great for a lot of games. If you don't like them, don't play them. Pretty simple.
I fully agree with this. In all honesty I've probably played f2p games more in the last 5 years than anything else. Not because they're free either, because the developers take the time to keep them updated and interesting. Yes it's so they hold their player base and make more money, but before anyone complains about that why the hell do you think any game is made? Yes some developers love what they do, but you better understand they couldn't do it without your money.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
ElQuaNarXBOX
240,094
ElQuaNarXBOX
Posted on 10 November 18 at 16:53
EazyE2285 said:
NawtyCawty said:
There is no way on earth you can complete Fallout Shelter in less than 100 hours for free unless you are VERY VERY VERY lucky with legendary dwellers in lunchboxes.
Agreed. According to my Xbox I have 6D 1H 22M played. I've got 2 of 20 legendary dwellers (one was in my first lunchbox opened and one from a quest) yet I've opened probably somewhere between 50-100 lunch boxes which don't come that easily without paying
You can install the game on PC. Install TinyTask too.
Create a macro changing the date on the PC 7 days ahead, getting the free lunchbox and setting the date back.
Set the computer to execute the macro constantly (XXX times, or all night long).
Open your free load of lunchboxes until you get your 20 Legendary Dwellers.
planting42
1,217,906
planting42
Posted on 10 November 18 at 20:06
Dubs187 said:
Chef Not Chief said:
I said this last time this list was posted. Please correct the time for Paladins. The original 1000g is obtainable in a smaller amount of time than you have listed. But the 205g is an extreme grind. Should be changed to 200+ hours. Unless you plan on spending some serious cash on the game.
One achievement you need to have an account for 1 year.
Its playtime, not waittime.
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/UHH4
Zorlac0666
147,306
Zorlac0666
Posted on 10 November 18 at 20:42
planting42 said:
Dubs187 said:
Chef Not Chief said:
I said this last time this list was posted. Please correct the time for Paladins. The original 1000g is obtainable in a smaller amount of time than you have listed. But the 205g is an extreme grind. Should be changed to 200+ hours. Unless you plan on spending some serious cash on the game.
One achievement you need to have an account for 1 year.
Its playtime, not waittime.
That's not true at all. There's no way they'd make you have a year's playtime.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
TymanTheLong
177,160
TymanTheLong
Posted on 10 November 18 at 23:05
Out of all the “first episode of an episodic game” entries on this list I have to say that Tales From The Borderlands is the one everyone should at least give a shot. It’s truly great. While I am a huge Borderlands fan you really don’t have to be to appreciate the world of the story. The Borderlands world is simply a parody of recognizable, real world issues and situations (e.g. the soulless corporation that neither respects its cutsomers nor its employees, the megalomaniac boss, income inequality, etc.). With that said it’s a humorous story set in a dystopia rather than a dystopian story.

Definitely consider trying Tales From The Borderlands and purchasing the season pass if you like it.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 10 November 18 at 23:11
TymanTheLong said:
Out of all the “first episode of an episodic game” entries on this list I have to say that Tales From The Borderlands is the one everyone should at least give a shot. It’s truly great. While I am a huge Borderlands fan you really don’t have to be to appreciate the world of the story. The Borderlands world is simply a parody of recognizable, real world issues and situations (e.g. the soulless corporation that neither respects its cutsomers nor its employees, the megalomaniac boss, income inequality, etc.). With that said it’s a humorous story set in a dystopia rather than a dystopian story.

Definitely consider trying Tales From The Borderlands and purchasing the season pass if you like it.
Tales was the first Borderlands game I played. I start the first one as a result. It’s hilarious.
Myckel Jay
183,585
Myckel Jay
Posted on 11 November 18 at 00:24
Not sure if it still is, but Playerunknown's Battlegrounds was free a few days back.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.