Game Discussion: Gears of War 4

Dropshot doesnt track for achievement each type of execution

• Voracity NVoracity N269,755 269,755 GamerScore
    Posted on 09 November 18 at 12:48
    I did all execution and the last i need is the dropshot, i did several times but the achievement doesnt track amd im still 94%, i checked in war journal and it said 0 execution! Anyone have same problem ?
  • Voracity NVoracity N269,755 269,755 GamerScore
    Posted on 09 November 18 at 13:13
    I did one time inna public match and unlocked, seem doesnt count in private match
  • KameraKamera884,077
    Posted on 09 November 18 at 14:06
    Happened to me too. I ended up restarting Gears 4 and went into private match again -- did the dropshot execution and achievement unlocked.
  • Posted on 09 November 18 at 22:00
    It worked for me with just 2 people.
    It's beer time!
  • Bastian ReaderBastian Reader1,717,960
    Posted on 10 November 18 at 06:10
    Sometimes the game doesnt register certain executions. I had to do the drop shot execution twice before the game gave me credit for it.
  • OnsidicOnsidic1,640,332
    Posted on 10 November 18 at 07:24
    Check your war journal for each weapon.
    R4 Salvo - wont list.
    And myself and someone else had to redo the knife over the wall execution for it to count.
  • SmokeNashtySmokeNashty259,300 259,300 GamerScore
    Posted on 10 November 18 at 12:21
    It’s okay if it doesn’t track none of mine did. I just did every execution with a 2 nd controller and got it
  • OG PostiOG Posti822,965
    Posted on 11 November 18 at 09:35
    I did it with a 2nd controller and it didn't count, tried again and it popped after the 2nd time.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 November 18 at 11:47
    just do it in private match against a 2nd controller, and make sure to re-do the knife execution, it was the one for me and after that i got the achievement
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 November 18 at 13:38, Edited on 11 November 18 at 13:40 by
    You're also able to check it at https://xbltracker.com/

Sometime the UI* (Xbox One & Xbox App) is kindda' slow on pushing data out to the user. You can indeed unlock an achievement or requirement without getting notified in the UI*

* User Interface
  • Destro WODDestro WOD485,594
    Posted on 11 November 18 at 17:29
    I was at 94% or so when the set of achievements drop. I knew for a fact i had executed with every guns but for good measure while i played i tried to do them, eventually the bar upped with the mulcher. I know its a gun you usually don't execute with but i know for a fact i had done it in the past. I mean just for fun, to see if they changed it etc. Plus nothing funnier to down a guy and take the big gun to execute him, its more polite than humping him yet as insulting lol.

Then after that i knife a guy and achievement unlocked... Weird, obviously i knifed countless peoples since the release of the game.
    Destro WOD
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 13:49, Edited on 12 November 18 at 13:49 by Uh0h its Renaud
    Some people having this issue said they did a hard reset and it popped for them. How do you do a hard reset lol. I am at 94% with 0 dropshot executions in the war Journal :(

Tried it twice and hasn't popped for me yet :(
  • KameraKamera884,077
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 14:17
    Press and hold the shiny button on your Xbox until it shuts off
  • Posted on 13 November 18 at 18:29
    You mean the Microsoft button? lol. That's what I thought it was. I also tried hitting the start button on gears and selecting Quit game.

I will try both again tonight. Hate looking at that 94% :(
  • Posted on 18 November 18 at 01:17
    Just keep spamming the dropshot execution if yours is buggy. I had to do the execution like 30 times to get it to register
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads