Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PUBG, Hellblade, 14 More Games Announced for Xbox Game Pass

• JBS 80JBS 80789,549
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 07:49
    leventdepevent said:
    Unpredictable D said:
    leventdepevent said:
    So do the months stack? For example can i buy the 6 months offer for 29,99 twice?
    I still can't find it...where can you buy the 6 months for 29,99 ?
    I found it on the xbox gamepass page on the console
    I can't find it either.

I got the 3-months for 9.99 deal on August 1st. That was due to expire on 31st October, with 29.99 being charged every 3 months starting 1st November. My prepaid card had 15.71 on it at the time so I turned off auto-renew on this before Nov 1st and was able to switch to a 9.99 per month plan to keep the subscription going, and turned on recurring billing at 9.99 per month (I did this on the Xbox.com site, as turning off auto-renew isn't available on the console anymore). I remember having a dropdown box available where I could choose something like 1-month, 3-month, 12-month (I can't remember the exact options, but options were there). Now the only option I seem to have available, both on console and on the site, is to "Extend" my current recurring 1-month subscription for 9.99. I tried turning off recurring billing to see if I was presented with more options, but I still only get the option to extend my current sub with a 1-month (no dropdown box).

I wonder if this is only available to people who were counted as subscribed to Game Pass before a certain date, maybe to stop people joining with the 1 month for 1 buck offer, then getting 6 months for 29.99. It's possible Xbox only recognizes my current subscription as being active from November 1st, possibly excluding me from the 29.99 offer (although I find it strange that I don't seem to have any 3, 6, or 12 month options available to me at any price). Unpredictable D (if you read this), just out of curiosity, how long have you been currently subscribed to Game Pass for?
  • BitJagerBitJager405,324
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 09:18
    Good news but I don't see the value in PUBG. It's a lost cause in my opinion. More a glorified techdemo in alpha stage then a game that is worth some money and your time.
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes941,145,001
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 10:43
    I adore game pass, so this is a minor gripe, but I do think it was pretty pointless and added padding adding Ori and the Will of the Wisps on launch, without a release date...its an Xbox Exclusive so yes, it will naturally be on there.
  • Unpredictable DUnpredictable D1,196,342
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 10:51
    JBS 80 said:
    how long have you been currently subscribed to Game Pass for?
    I got the 3 months deal in july, renewed for 3 months in october at standard price
    audiosurf for xbox, please !
  • vSullyvSully1,297,491
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 11:08
    Half price for 6 months was too good to pass up.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv873,799
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 11:09, Edited on 12 November 18 at 11:10 by Schinderdiv
    Living Legends said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Thief Of Thieves is available now, and doesn't have achievements?
    they have not gone live yet
    Isn't it odd that a game released without its achievements live, though? Sorry if I'm being too dense, I'm genuinely perplexed, and, well, I don't want to start playing a game that'll have achievements added later. I might as well wait at that point.
    Streets Ahead
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 11:39
    I could of sworn I commented on this article yesterday but I cant find my posts anywhere!?! Anyway yay for Gamepass love it. Significantly shorter than what I thought I wrote yesterday.....
  • leventdepeventleventdepevent1,253,745
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 11:41, Edited on 12 November 18 at 11:43 by leventdepevent
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 November 18 at 12:02
    one of the best subscriptions i have ever joined! i am getting my worth of money and more, God bless u MS
  • Unpredictable DUnpredictable D1,196,342
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 12:06
    well this is a bit weird
    audiosurf for xbox, please !
  • JBS 80JBS 80789,549
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 12:23, Edited on 12 November 18 at 13:53 by JBS 80
    Unpredictable D said:
    JBS 80 said:
    I got the 3 months deal in july, renewed for 3 months in october at standard price
    Welp, there goes my theory about tenure then.

Apparently, the 1 dollar/pound/euro for 1-month is only available to either new members or people who cancelled their subscription before May 15th (to stop people cancelling this month and picking up the cheap month, I'd assume). However, I can't say if there's a date restriction on the 29.99 3-month deal for existing subscribers, as I can't find the damn thing anywhere. Either way, I would've thought that you are subscribed for long enough to be eligible for it even if there was a (for example) 'must have been be subscribed before October 31th to be eligible for this deal' clause or something similar. Can anyone here who has the deal available say if there's anything like that in the fine print? It's bugging me that I can't even see the deal anywhere. It is worldwide, I assume, not just US only? I guess all I can hope for now is an advertisement tile for the 29.99 deal maybe popping up on the Xbox One dashboard that will link to the option to avail of the deal, if I even can.

EDIT:

leventdepevent said:
    I subscribed to gamepass in july, I got an offer to buy 3 months for 9,99, which I did . That ended the 24th of October about one week after that I bought 1 month of gamepass with the rewards that I got (6800 rewards). I want to buy a year subscription but that option is not available for me only one month for 9,99 or 6 months for 29,99. Also it doesn't let me pay with IDEAL even when this payment option is assigned to my account.
    Hi, I just saw this. This is similar to me, except I waited until nearly the last day of the July 3-months for 9.99 offer, so mine ended on October 31st. I put a 9.99 per month recurring sub in place starting November 1st. At least the 6-months for 29.99 is showing for you - no such luck for me.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv873,799
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 12:38
    JBS 80 said:
    Unpredictable D said:
    JBS 80 said:
    Welp, there goes my theory about tenure then.

Apparently, the 1 dollar/pound/euro for 1-month is only available to either new members or people who cancelled their subscription before May 15th (to stop people cancelling this month and picking up the cheap month, I'd assume). However, I can't say if there's a date restriction on the 29.99 3-month deal for existing subscribers, as I can't find the damn thing anywhere. Either way, I would've thought that you are subscribed for long enough to be eligible for it even if there was a (for example) 'must have been be subscribed before October 31th to be eligible for this deal' clause or something similar. Can anyone here who has the deal available say if there's anything like that in the fine print? It's bugging me that I can't even see the deal anywhere. It is worldwide, I assume, not just US only? I guess all I can hope for now is an advertisement tile for the 29.99 deal maybe popping up on the Xbox One dashboard that will link to the option to avail of the deal, if I even can.
    I'm currently on a free 3 month promo code which I redeemed at the end of October, and am able to renew for 6 months half off via xbox.com -

"Xbox Game Pass
    Microsoft Corporation
    $59.94 $29.97
    50% off • 51 days left
    Expires on 1/31/2019.
    Xbox Game Pass 6 Month
    Xbox Game Pass 1 Month
    Xbox Game Pass 6 Month button selected
    Extend

Buy as gift"

I am in the US. I do not see an area where I can see any fine print, that is all the information that I am given. This would give you a date restriction for the offer of January 31st, 2019.
    Streets Ahead
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE729,066
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 13:20
    Excited about Hellblade!
  • JBS 80JBS 80789,549
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 13:37, Edited on 12 November 18 at 22:05 by JBS 80
    XenomorphFiend said:
    I'm currently on a free 3 month promo code which I redeemed at the end of October, and am able to renew for 6 months half off via xbox.com -

"Xbox Game Pass
    Microsoft Corporation
    $59.94 $29.97
    50% off • 51 days left
    Expires on 1/31/2019.
    Xbox Game Pass 6 Month
    Xbox Game Pass 1 Month
    Xbox Game Pass 6 Month button selected
    Extend

Buy as gift"
    Thanks for this. Unfortunately for me, I still only have the option to buy or extend 1-month Game Pass for 9.99. If I click on Buy as gift (on console or on Microsoft.com) I get a popup screen that allows me to choose 3-months for 29.97 or 6-months for 59.94 via a drop-down menu. Picking one of these options and pressing continue on Microsoft.com makes the window disappear and returns me to the Microsoft.com Game Pass page (rather than asks me for a recipient's GT or taking me to a payment screen as I would expect). Clicking on the Buy [for myself] button does nothing. It's as if the button is broken.* On console, the Extend button doesn't give me any options. It just takes me to the payment screen for 1-month Game Pass with no option for 3, 6, or 12.

*EDIT: I solved my problem with the broken Buy button. I still use Internet Explorer like a caveman. The button works as intended in Microsoft Edge. Still only the option for 1-month for 9.99, though.
  • Maw N PawMaw N Paw1,560,529
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 15:07
    Or you could have done what I did. I subscribed from it as soon as it was available. Once I saw the Forza Horizon 3 sale for a year pass, I cancelled my renewal. Then I logged online and bought a year subscription as a one off to get the two free games. Then I went back in and reset my renewal. :)

Also, if you are in Europe, due to GDPR, you could technically request them to delete specific data they hold about you, in which case you could argue that you don't want any evidence of you having ever purchased a Game Pass Subscription and then a month comes along and has a few games you wanna try/play, re-subscribe as a new user since they should have complied with your request.
    There is always a way.
  • GlockPurdy85GlockPurdy851,535,373
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 15:54
    Redd Five said:
    Glad I waited on Hellblade!

Sadly, there no reason to buy a game anymore. It's kinda great, but can't be good long-term.
    I wish I waited, but Hellblade was a phenomenal game to experience and I am happy to give Ninja Theory the money. I am happy more people will play it now!
  • PangoBaraPangoBara2,806,976
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 21:39
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    I play on all consoles with Xbox 1 and Switch getting the most play time. While the Ps4 is for exclusives or launch first on Ps4 games. Reading this silly fanboy wars makes me laugh. guess mommy and daddy pay for your games and consoles and you can only have 1 console.
    Or... we pay for our own games and consoles and can only afford 1 console
  • JBS 80JBS 80789,549
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 21:51, Edited on 12 November 18 at 21:51 by JBS 80
    Maw N Paw said:
    Or you could have done what I did. I subscribed from it as soon as it was available.
    Did you mean to say unsubscribed? That's what I was planning to try. I turned off recurring billing and will let my sub lapse on November 30th. On December 1st I'll see what options are available for me to rejoin Game Pass. Hopefully the 29.99 6-month deal shows up then, although I think it might only be for current subscribers, which at that point I won't be. Earlier I came across a Reddit thread in which lots of people were having no luck getting this deal to show up for them.

Maw N Paw said:
    Also, if you are in Europe, due to GDPR, you could technically request them to delete specific data they hold about you, in which case you could argue that you don't want any evidence of you having ever purchased a Game Pass Subscription and then a month comes along and has a few games you wanna try/play, re-subscribe as a new user since they should have complied with your request.
    LOL. I admire your ingenuity, but that seems like an awful lot of hoops to jump through just to save a few bucks. And Microsoft would know anyway. Microsoft always know.
  • LordSamoni1LordSamoni11,394,790
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 23:55, Edited on 13 November 18 at 00:30 by LordSamoni1
    I've paid for game pass at full price since the trail period and don't see how people buy more games. I've just cancelled my preorder for mutant year zero to play with GP.

Edit: I hadn't preordered oops but obviously looking forward to playing on GP release.
  • Krog3nKrog3n531,524
    Posted on 13 November 18 at 00:35
    Pathalogic, Mutant Year Zero, Aftercharge an d The Good Life are great additions.clap
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads