Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Mouse and Keyboard Support Coming for Xbox One Next Week

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 11 November 18 at 01:05
It's so unfair

Please click here to read the story: Mouse and Keyboard Support Coming for Xbox One Next Week
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 11 November 18 at 01:30
It's still up to devs to allow it for their games. As I keep saying, as long as its for single player RPGs, RTS games, fine, whatever. If Gears 5 allows it for all modes and they don't have separate lobbies, that game is dead on arrival.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 11 November 18 at 01:31
Fortnite eh? Cool that insiders havnt even tested that one yet and the warframe launch was not so great too.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Billy Floor
Billy Floor
Posted on 11 November 18 at 01:31
Hopefully there will be options to opt out of the networking pool of people that use mouse & keyboard, will give a massive advantage over people who use controller.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 11 November 18 at 01:35
Billy Floor said:
Hopefully there will be options to opt out of the networking pool of people that use mouse & keyboard, will give a massive advantage over people who use controller.
As I've noted in the article, this only matters for high ranked play. Epic has also confirmed that PC players don't statistically do better than console players.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 11 November 18 at 02:21
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
It's still up to devs to allow it for their games. As I keep saying, as long as its for single player RPGs, RTS games, fine, whatever. If Gears 5 allows it for all modes and they don't have separate lobbies, that game is dead on arrival.
This
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 11 November 18 at 02:34
XBox Assassin83 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
This
My guess is they do what fortnite did and put you with only people who use keyboard, lump them together with PC players.
GorillaGrodd5
Posted on 11 November 18 at 03:02, Edited on 11 November 18 at 03:15 by GorillaGrodd5
Now I can play "Sims 4" the way it's meant to be played. clap

When K&M support gets added ofc.
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 11 November 18 at 03:33
All the studies I’ve seen show that high skilled controller players when dumped into a shark tank with skilled keyboard and mouse players do the same or only slightly worse (depending), but if you provide the controller players with keyboard and mouse their skill jumps well above keyboard and mouse only players. Honestly, keyboards aren’t really they great, neither them nor the mouse were really designed with gaming in mind so it shouldn’t be surprising.

My personal guess is that the more types of inputs one plays with the better they are at high skill cap games. I’m not aware of a broad enough study to actually support my guess though.
LazyBunny600755
Posted on 11 November 18 at 04:49, Edited on 11 November 18 at 04:50 by LazyBunny600755
Warframe has already keyboard and mouse support time ago, I play it like that.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 11 November 18 at 04:52
It will be good if this led to Microsoft releasing Age of Empires for Xbox.

But Razer for the keyboard and mouse. Why don't they release their own?
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 11 November 18 at 06:46
Eurydace said:
As I've noted in the article, this only matters for high ranked play. Epic has also confirmed that PC players don't statistically do better than console players.
Yeah, nah. I don't care what you heard, it's a massive advantage for everyone of every skill level. Interested to see how this plays out in Halo Infinite. We're all gonna have to migrate to kb and mouse, methinx.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 11 November 18 at 07:38
Tatl360 said:
It will be good if this led to Microsoft releasing Age of Empires for Xbox.
This would be all too sweet! dance
Streets Ahead
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 11 November 18 at 08:46
Iggsy81 said:
Eurydace said:
Yeah, nah. I don't care what you heard, it's a massive advantage for everyone of every skill level. Interested to see how this plays out in Halo Infinite. We're all gonna have to migrate to kb and mouse, methinx.
I have years of PC and console experience, and I'm way better with a controller.
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
eHead
eHead
Posted on 11 November 18 at 09:45
So any usb keyboard and mouse will work?

Either way, for me who spends hours on simulation games, surviving mars, cities skylines, constructor etc this would make these games feel fantastic!

Bring kerbal space program to xbox lol!!
Darth Hawk CZ
Posted on 11 November 18 at 11:07
,,In fact, Gears of War 4 experimented with PC and Xbox crossplay and found no correlation between a higher winrate and your platform of choice."

Hmm... I play on Xbox and now on PC too, since I had to buy powerful PC for my CAD/CAM softwares. When I played GoW4 on PC, I was better than on Xbox. I still prefer controller (way more comfortable gaming), but mouse is just better. Everyone who tries to tell me that your thumb can aim more precisely than your entire hand just flat out lies or doesn't know what he's talking about.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 11 November 18 at 11:46
x Mataeus x said:
Iggsy81 said:
Eurydace said:
I have years of PC and console experience, and I'm way better with a controller.
I'm the same! That's why my PC lies neglected for any games other than RTS. My aim with mouse sucks lol but good mouse players will always beat good controller players imo just because of the extra finesse it allows.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Pandasaur cx
114,299 114,299 GamerScore
Pandasaur cx
Posted on 11 November 18 at 15:04
I've been playing Warframe with mouse and keyboard since learning that it was available to Insiders. Glad that they are supporting it, I'm more comfortable with using them over a controller. Looking forward to seeing what other titles are going to be supported.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 11 November 18 at 15:06
Lockie said:
x Mataeus x said:
Iggsy81 said:
Eurydace said:
I'm the same! That's why my PC lies neglected for any games other than RTS. My aim with mouse sucks lol but good mouse players will always beat good controller players imo just because of the extra finesse it allows.
I find that with mkb it is far too easy to be crazy accurate in shooting games. To Jump off something, do a 900° spin and shoot someone a distance awa between the eyes. With a controller this insanely unrealistic accuracy is tempered, you can still play well but it is harder for everyone to have superhero like reflexes and accuracy. It's more representative of real world aim times etc.
Gamegoddess 21
Posted on 11 November 18 at 15:40
hope this means more strategy games can be released for xbox though leave for the option to use controllers in such games as its what i'm more used to using
Gamegoddess 21
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.