Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Maybe JRPGs Aren't Dying After All

• Posted on 11 November 18 at 21:17
    Someone who exclusively plays Xbox probably does think jrpgs are dead

KH3 looks like hot garbage and all we have gotten is essentially ports for years
  • naoya0831naoya08311,985,016
    Posted on 11 November 18 at 21:23
    Already two years? Time passed so fast....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 November 18 at 21:38
    Im looking forward to playing ff7 10 and 12 again, some of the best games ever(mario 64 and skyrim finishing my top 5, with mario odyssey just behind)
  • MerlinatedMerlinated557,257
    Posted on 11 November 18 at 22:08
    John Connor M said:

KH3 looks like hot garbage and all we have gotten is essentially ports for years
    I'm happy we are getting the classic final fantasys as well as world of final fantasy and with the 13 series backwards compatible as well as tales of versperia releasing on the xbox, granted these aren't new games but now I can play my favourite games on my favourite console. What do you think looks so bad about Kingdom hearts 3?
    Momento Mori
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL952,752
    Posted on 11 November 18 at 22:11
    the problem with JRPGS is they almost always seem piss poor at advertising and almost all of them lock themselves behind some very limited exclusivity contract and crush its mass market potential ... also so many devs seem so hell bent on insisting there isnt a market for jrpgs in the west for some beyond stupid reason :/ make a good game, let people know about it and maybe give people more than just one way to play the damn thing :/
    that guy
  • Hazar KhallHazar Khall1,258,148
    Posted on 11 November 18 at 22:28
    Now... To get you into point n' clicks, my dear newshound. You ever meet a tough little lady called Clementine?

I MEAN, youve been misguided before wink
    Go big or go home (>*_*)>---gs
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,359,107
    Posted on 11 November 18 at 22:32, Edited on 11 November 18 at 22:33 by C64 Mat
    One other thing Kevin - RPG Maker!

Can't believe it was two years ago you wrote that article!
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • Posted on 11 November 18 at 22:41
    John Connor M said:

meanwhile john has never played a kingdom hearts game in his life so there goes his credibility on that.

KH3 will probably be good compared to a fuck ton of other games this year. And honestly who actually cares about other peoples opinions in this day and age. Rent the game for like 5$ and decide for yourself or wait for a deep sale in a year.

And as far as the ports could, the alternative is you know.... we could not get them at all.
    Bvn
  • Moat CarpMoat Carp1,119,402
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 02:05, Edited on 12 November 18 at 02:05 by Moat Carp
    BaronVoNewman said:
    John Connor M said:

meanwhile john has never played a kingdom hearts game in his life so there goes his credibility on that.

KH3 will probably be good compared to a fuck ton of other games this year. And honestly who actually cares about other peoples opinions in this day and age. Rent the game for like 5$ and decide for yourself or wait for a deep sale in a year.

And as far as the ports could, the alternative is you know.... we could not get them at all.
    I'm going to back up young Johnathan on this one. Kingdom Hearts 3 looks like hot garbage.

I think you've got some nostalgia goggles on.
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 02:37
    BaronVoNewman said:
    John Connor M said:

I haven't played a game from a series therefore I cannot give an opinion on how a game in that series looks? You also go on to contradict yourself.

Logic doesn't check out there baron, sorry to tell you.

Someone disliking what you like doesn't take away from your experience with it at all - something that isn't even out doesn't need to be defended with zeal the moment someone says the trailer looked bad
  • UnrehearsedUnrehearsed942,066
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 02:49
    John Connor M said:
    BaronVoNewman said:
    John Connor M said:

I haven't played a game from a series therefore I cannot give an opinion on how a game in that series looks? You also go on to contradict yourself.

Logic doesn't check out there baron, sorry to tell you.

Someone disliking what you like doesn't take away from your experience with it at all - something that isn't even out doesn't need to be defended with zeal the moment someone says the trailer looked bad
    Giving a opinion on how a game looks is different then giving an opinion on something you played. It might look childish and what not but hot garbage? Also I can assure it plays a lot better then it looks in those trailers
    On the other hand I think I it's at least a valid point to have that opinion. Not every game is for everybody and the strongrst fanforce cant change that.
  • KnoellKnoell407,041
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 04:10
    BaronVoNewman said:
    i still remember when you hyped up shadow warrior 2 and that turned out to be hot garbage
    Not as good as the first? I was pleasantly surprised with the first one.
  • EurydaceEurydace602,379
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 04:21
    Knoell said:
    BaronVoNewman said:
    i still remember when you hyped up shadow warrior 2 and that turned out to be hot garbage
    Not as good as the first? I was pleasantly surprised with the first one.
    It's completely and totally different.
  • EurydaceEurydace602,379
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 04:26
    Hazar Khall said:
    Now... To get you into point n' clicks, my dear newshound. You ever meet a tough little lady called Clementine?

I MEAN, youve been misguided before wink
    Absolutely not ever. I won't say there'll never be an exception, but it's just not worth the risk laugh
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 04:59
    I read this after receiving an email about FFXV server closures. What timing. Knowing next to nothing about it... just seems funny
    #AncoraUnPezzoDiMerda
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 05:28
    Takes a big man to admit their wrongwink and I’m glad you are. I think it’s a very fun genre and do not want to see it die out. I was waiting for all the DLC to come out before starting FFXV but it looks like that might have come back to bite me with the server closures. I’m glad the Lightning series is coming back that was my #1 game I was waiting to become back combat. Mostly just because I quit playing bc I was bored grinding before fighting the final boss... I never saw the end.
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 06:32
    Does anyone know if later on, Microsoft may be able to get the other Kingdom Hearts on X-Box One?
  • upsonmatthewupsonmatthew531,711
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 07:51
    JRPG's were never dying over on the Playstation.
  • Posted on 12 November 18 at 07:54, Edited on 12 November 18 at 07:55 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    You were wrong about jrpgs? Like, say, Monster Hunter: World ? dance
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant742,091
    Posted on 12 November 18 at 08:08
    SuperTigerWoods said:
    I read this after receiving an email about FFXV server closures. What timing. Knowing next to nothing about it... just seems funny
    FFXV closure is because the multiplayer is getting a stand-alone game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.