Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Maybe JRPGs Aren't Dying After All

• DeliriousDrewDeliriousDrew1,345,647
    Posted on 14 November 18 at 03:11
    Long live the JRPG!
    ???
  • Jet KlaatuJet Klaatu332,739
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 11:50
    J-RPG's are never going to be as popular on the Xbox as they are on PlayStation however they'll never die out as there's a massive fanbase for that type of game.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483276,806
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 10:19, Edited on 19 November 18 at 10:23 by Stevo6483
    Stream Family said:
    I'm not sure citing a bunch of remastered rpgs or re releases qualifies as breathing new life into a genre.
    Just what I thought, not really a good way to support an argument - should've picked other titles. However, those remasters/re-releases are most likely the ones I'll pick up and play.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 21 November 18 at 03:34
    Stevo6483 said:
    Stream Family said:
    I'm not sure citing a bunch of remastered rpgs or re releases qualifies as breathing new life into a genre.
    Just what I thought, not really a good way to support an argument - should've picked other titles. However, those remasters/re-releases are most likely the ones I'll pick up and play.
    We're starting to see quite a bit of RPGs in general now. JRPGs in particular aren't quite so plentiful, but we are seeing them on the rise on xbox somewhat suddenly.

I've noticed since the release of the 1x, we're seeing a rise. As for remasters, they were already released on the ps4, it's just now that we're getting them too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.