Game Discussion: Final Fantasy XV Forum

Comrades Quest: Out of the Darkness

AuthorMessage
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 12 November 18 at 22:30
Having trouble beating this quest; my weapons just can’t cut into the main enemy. I figured out that as long as both gargoyles are alive the goblins stop spawning, but that fact remains useless since I can’t kill the Yojimbo. Is there a certain level/weapon I should have before I’d even have a chance? And as a side question, does leveling do anything aside from raising your health?

This quest is barring me from my final Sigil. I doubt I’d be able to take on the final boss if I can’t even kill the Yojimbo, but it’d nice to at least know what I’m doing wrong.

I am currently writing the Comrades information for the FFXV walkthrough; any info on this would be greatly appreciated and would in turn be benefitting those on their way to finishing the DLC.
Xavier0080
Xavier0080
Posted on 12 November 18 at 22:50
I had a lot of trouble with that mission solo, as the AI is only good for attacking him and won't really block any goblins running by. I believe I was about level 46 with around 1100-1200 Strength with a Lv 119 Dragon Whisker before I was basically able to just mad rush him and the gargoyles.

I had to play offense and defense due to the inept AI here, but was able to get in two counter attacks on Yojimbo and was therefore able to drop him just before a couple goblins were about to rush the finish line.

I didn't realize that the goblins won't spawn as long as the gargoyles are up. If true that would have made the fight much easier.

Leveling up only raises HP to my knowledge. Stats are gained from leveling up your weapons.

I would recommend playing this with other actual players if possible.

I would also not really compare this fight to Ifrit. This fight is hard because the AI is completely worthless and won't help play defense, so you need to do both. Ifrit is basically an endurance fight.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 12 November 18 at 23:31
Thanks for all of this info, I’ll set my sights on those stats. As for raising strength, what’s the best way to do so? I’ve got two Dragon Whiskers that are nowhere near 400; is there some good weapon setup that you know aside from the laser sensor Whisker setup that works well?

And for Ifrit, were you able to force him to freeze in place or did you not have to glitch him out?
Xavier0080
Xavier0080
Posted on 13 November 18 at 01:50
I have three dragon whiskers all with pretty different stats ranging from 260 STR to 350 STR. My last weapon was a Hanabame(?). The other whiskers and the Hanabame were all 99. I kinda just started throwing junk on them because I was tired of playing the game to be honest.

I... did not know about any glitch for Ifrit. I fought him the hard way, took about 15-20 minutes. Used Aerial Ace sigil and kept warping away, warp striking a few hits in then warping away again.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 13 November 18 at 04:12
How are you getting the DW's past 200? Mine are sitting at 178 and 196. My other weapons are 48 and 124 but their attacks are strong; is strength more important than their attack?
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 13 November 18 at 07:15
Pretty good guide, requires a lot of grinding, but should get you close.

https://youtu.be/lGnxAsEs0uM
YouTube.com/GLDDGaming - Gameplays, Tips and Tricks, Achievement Guides, and More!!!!
rekikire
rekikire
Posted on 14 November 18 at 03:01
Wow this one is kicking my ass too. Time to go grinding for materials to get better weapons.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 14 November 18 at 03:20
Yup. Managed to finally get through the quest by having a far better Dragon Whisker thanks to using Strength Gemstones to power the thing up. I'm currently working on a crossbow for when I jib the final boss fight and that should be it.
JORAX
JORAX
Posted on 03 December 18 at 06:36
Holy crap, the tip that leaving the gargoyles up means no little spawns was ESSENTIAL! Failed at least 5x before finding that.
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 03 December 18 at 20:39
This was a tough one, but I finally was able to decimate that Yojimbo. He has a 1-hit knock-down that is simply killer. Thankfully, there is plenty of food nearby but not terribly easy to get to when the enemies swarm up on you.
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 06 December 18 at 00:37
Anyone interested in getting a high spec group together to knock this one out. I keep getting my ass handed to me with the AI. I've got a fairly good setup and it's the last sigil pre-Ifrit.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 December 18 at 16:45
angelsk said:
Anyone interested in getting a high spec group together to knock this one out. I keep getting my ass handed to me with the AI. I've got a fairly good setup and it's the last sigil pre-Ifrit.
Anybody who wants this quest, can check to see if I am online. I will be happy to clear it for anyone who finds this aggravating.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 06 December 18 at 19:54, Edited on 06 December 18 at 19:56 by Allgorhythm
I use the Fierce Sigil with a Dragon Whisker with a double Penetrator X ability. I alternate between the Yojimbo and the other enemies--Goblin, Erishkigal, and Mutant Gargoyles. The Yojimbo will stay and fight, but might depart if you ignore him. The other enemies try to depart immediately. All enemies have a 50% weakness to light. So, if you are having difficulty, use a high strength weapon with the lightbound ability. Lightbound is obtained from the Behemoth Incisor. It's available in the Double Deadeyes--an urgent mission from Cauthess Depot. You have to target the head of the Behemoth who appears after the two Deadeyes are killed (and some smaller enemies).
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 07 December 18 at 00:07
Allgorhythm said:
I use the Fierce Sigil with a Dragon Whisker with a double Penetrator X ability. I alternate between the Yojimbo and the other enemies--Goblin, Erishkigal, and Mutant Gargoyles. The Yojimbo will stay and fight, but might depart if you ignore him. The other enemies try to depart immediately. All enemies have a 50% weakness to light. So, if you are having difficulty, use a high strength weapon with the lightbound ability. Lightbound is obtained from the Behemoth Incisor. It's available in the Double Deadeyes--an urgent mission from Cauthess Depot. You have to target the head of the Behemoth who appears after the two Deadeyes are killed (and some smaller enemies).
Thanks to the tip about Lightbound (which is alto available on an upgraded Mythtil katana) and the Gatgoykes I did this!!! Just the Ifrit left.

So I know I should have 100% fire protection. But what element are they weak too? Ice? Just so I go in prepared? :)

Thanks again!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 07 December 18 at 02:17
angelsk said:
Thanks to the tip about Lightbound (which is alto available on an upgraded Mythtil katana) and the Gatgoykes I did this!!! Just the Ifrit left.

So I know I should have 100% fire protection. But what element are they weak too? Ice? Just so I go in prepared? :)

Thanks again!

Ifrit is weak to Frost. However, I have found there are other abilities superior to Frostbound which can be acquired from a Frost gemstone. I think a Dragon Whisker with either Undaunted X/Penetrator X or Penetrator X/Penetrator X is the best option. The following guide explains how to defeat Ifrit and includes a video showing Ifrit being defeated in 3 minutes:
Allgorhythm Final Fantasy XV Blessed by All Allgorhythm's solution for the Blessed by All Achievement in Final Fantasy XVCollected all the Royal Sigils.

The key to defeating Ifrit quickly is strong weapons. I put the weapon crafting part of the solution in a separate thread. The solution links to it. Here is the thread: Weapon Crafting in Comrades--Case Study: Ifrit

There are quite a few ways of defeating Ifrit including a glitch where you must die first. Personally, my pride would suffer if I couldn't defeat Ifrit without dying but it is a solution, it works, and it gets you the achievement. I prefer to stay in the center circle using the warp points on the lamp posts. I have great tactical awareness. Using the Fierce sigil I can deal great damage per second. Assuming you have at least 1,000 overall strength, you should be able to defeat Ifrit quickly and without ever dying. Note in the solution's video, Ifrit will sometimes exit the circle to the left or right. He will execute a charge attack. Wait for him to execute it. He'll end up in the circle and you can attack him from the rear to great effect.

Ifrit telegraphs his attacks clearly. Unlike the Bahamut battle, the warp points never disappear. If you don't have enough MP for continual warps, consider a weapon setup similar to: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/allgorhythm/screenshot/10991155

The main weapon is the Dragon Whisker with Penetrator X/Penetrator X. The other three weapon each add 30 MP--Kain's Lance, Wizard Shield (Final form of Mythril Shield bought in Lestalllum), and Scharnhorst (Final form of Battle Mace bought at Meldacio Hunter HQ). If you need more MP, you probably do not need 90 HP. An extra 60 MP would probably be ideal.
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 07 December 18 at 15:58, Edited on 07 December 18 at 15:59 by angelsk
I have a decent setup but the level keeps glitching on me, literally the scenery is broken. Anyone else had this happen. Makes it really hard to do anything coz I can’t see.
Also fire still does a damage even with 100% resistance?
Stupid glitchy boss :(

Edit: nearly 2k strength, 5k health and 100% fire resistance. Using a whisper with undaunted x. But just can’t get the health down coz of the level glitching :(
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 07 December 18 at 16:36
angelsk said:
I have a decent setup but the level keeps glitching on me, literally the scenery is broken. Anyone else had this happen. Makes it really hard to do anything coz I can’t see.
Also fire still does a damage even with 100% resistance?
Stupid glitchy boss :(

Edit: nearly 2k strength, 5k health and 100% fire resistance. Using a whisper with undaunted x. But just can’t get the health down coz of the level glitching :(
I've never had the scenery broken. I think I know what you mean because I've had it happen to me in other games. If I were in your shoes, I might consider uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Do a full power cycle before reinstalling. Turn off the console by holding the cn_guide button on the console for at least ten seconds and then unplug the console for at least 20 seconds. After you plug the console back in and fire it back up, reinstall the game. It's a bummer because it's a big game and will take a while to install.

If you have a weapon that inflicts fire elemental damage (like Flamebound), it will still damage Ifrit. That's because there's a physical component as well as an elemental magic part to the attack. Additionally, 100% resistance is not the same as invulnerability. You probably can tell that on your own avatar. You have 100% fire resistance but find you are not completely immune to Ifrit's fire.

Your stats are fine. It sounds like the game isn't treating you fairly. Hopefully, you can resolve this.

If you want a very quick and easy way to boost your stats, buy a Battle Mace in Meldacio. It's an easy build. It changes into a Behemoth Masher at level 50 with 30 Vitality (Zu Beak, Rough Scales, Vitality Gemstone, Vitality Shard in that order of preference) and 30 Spirit (Fine Slimy Oil, Slimy Oil, Spirit Gemstone, Spirit Shard in that order of preference--note that each Fine Slimy Oil also gives a 10HP boost). It then changes into the Scharnhorst Mace at level 70 with 60 strength (Curved Hollowhorn, Strength Gemstone, Strength Shard in that order of preference). Note that Fine Slimy Oil and Curved Hollowhorns can be purchased at Norduscaen Garrison if you chose the refugee shop.

The Scharnhorst Mace add 30 MP to your stats in addition to everything else. This helps tremendously against Ifrit, giving you more warp power. Once you get the Shcarnhorst Mace, feed it Meteorites to boost the max level to 120. Then, boost the stat of your choice--strength, vitality, etc. There's a trick I like to use that I've described elsewhere. I get the weapon until it is just a hair below level 120. Then, I pump in a final gemstone of my choice to give it an extra 30 skill points (39 with 30% Cid boost) that it would not have had otherwise.

As a final comment. You can beat Ifrit with every sigil. However, I have found The Fierce to be the most effective and recommend it.
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 08 December 18 at 00:03, Edited on 08 December 18 at 00:06 by angelsk
I think I should get extra points for defeating Ifrit in the damn dark because all my graphics glitched out!!!!!!

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbL...

Finally done with Comrades. Plenty of time ;)
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 08 December 18 at 00:06
And thanks for the help!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 08 December 18 at 00:10
angelsk said:
I think I should get extra points for defeating Ifrit in the damn dark because all my graphics glitched out!!!!!!

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbL...

Finally done with Comrades. Plenty of time ;)
Congrats--especially since you did it with a handicap.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.