The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: November 13th, 2018

• Posted on 13 November 18 at 20:30Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Thanks for the response! You just sold me on it! That sounds creatively right up my alley! Thanks!
    That's great to hear! :) Especially for $3.60, it's a no-brainer for me. I paid full price back when it released and it was well worth it, to me. Enjoy! smile
  • Posted on 13 November 18 at 20:38, Edited on 13 November 18 at 20:39 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    Don't usually go for bundles but might grab that card game one. Really good sale considering the cheapest either game has gone individually is about $9. Plus they're both rated pretty well.
  • Posted on 13 November 18 at 20:40Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    XBLive Gold and GamePass are $1 each from 15th Nov.
    thanks for this, my dummy accounts ran out of gold a few days ago
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv488,341
    Posted on 13 November 18 at 21:25Permalink
    Legal Eagle said:
    I Am Bread TA points ARE OVER 9,000

Gettable for a pretty decent gamer or am I dreaming?
    As a decent gamer (without the "pretty" so you've got me 1-upped there) I found it to be rather difficult. I wasn't able to A++ any level. The controls are either irritating or intuitive depending on your perspective. I personally liked the way you control Bread (if you're unfamiliar you use LB, LT, RB, RT to move each respective corner i.e. LB controls a corner, RB controls a corner, etc). That definitely added to the challenge but without detracting from the fun. If you don't care about completions too much, I thought the game was worth it just for the story, it was quite hilarious, and I had a great time playing it with my brother (it's a fun social game to take turns on). If you end up being great at the game, you get a nice hefty ratio boost to boot wink
    Streets Ahead
  • Posted on 13 November 18 at 23:05, Edited on 13 November 18 at 23:06 by MasterChief TomPermalink
    What do people think about Don't Knock Twice?

Not the quality of the game - just on the likelihood of an upcoming delisting? Of all the games on my wishlist (couple of hundred), this feels like the number one candidate for a delisting. But the price is a bit higher than I'd usually go for stuff like this.

As it's a digital-only, rushed-out movie tie-in, I thought it was pretty comparable to Ben Hur. That one lasted 18-19 months. Don't Knock Twice is on 14 months...

Hold out for a deeper sale or go for the current 40%?

Hmmmm... decisions, decisions!!
  • Posted on 14 November 18 at 00:03Permalink
    SpiralOut46and2 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Thanks for the response! You just sold me on it! That sounds creatively right up my alley! Thanks!
    That's great to hear! :) Especially for $3.60, it's a no-brainer for me. I paid full price back when it released and it was well worth it, to me. Enjoy! smile
    Indeed! 😋 Thanks for the recommendation!
    Matthew
  • MemoMemo296,669
    Posted on 14 November 18 at 00:38Permalink
    BegFourMercy said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Can’t speak highly enough of Guacamelee at that price.
    Ummmm…. If was free.
    Yes, but not everyone picked it up at the time.

I agree with Hawkeye and would fully recommend Guacamelee - not my "type" of game usually, but what a great game it is!
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • Posted on 14 November 18 at 07:39Permalink
    Disappointed that final fantasy xv dlc is not here but maybe next week...
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,761
    Posted on 14 November 18 at 10:34, Edited on 14 November 18 at 10:37 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    DoggyDog420 said:
    I think the Black Friday store sale starts this Thursday night!!
    I believe so, and the Black Friday sales start the day after (well they do where I live in the future) -
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/promotions/black-friday-2018
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Quantium GQuantium G115,695
    Posted on 14 November 18 at 20:24, Edited on 14 November 18 at 20:50 by Quantium GPermalink
    They should really update this list. There's a BUNCH of really good games that are on sale, that strangely aren't listed here. Sonic Mania, COD - BO4, AC- Odyssey, Forza Horizon 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is 50% off, Strider is $3.00! Woohoo! Good thing I waited! The sale only lasts 4 more days, so scoop them up! :) Did M$ start the Black Friday sales early? Why isn't Attack on Titan ever one sale damnit!
  • Posted on 14 November 18 at 21:00, Edited on 14 November 18 at 21:32 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    Quantium G said:
    They should really update this list. There's a BUNCH of really good games that are on sale, that strangely aren't listed here. Sonic Mania, COD - BO4, AC- Odyssey, Forza Horizon 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is 50% off, Strider is $3.00! Woohoo! Good thing I waited! The sale only lasts 4 more days, so scoop them up! :) Did M$ start the Black Friday sales early? Why isn't Attack on Titan ever one sale damnit!
    The sales for those games started today, but if they only last 4 more days I don't think they'd be Black Friday sales. They can't be late weekly listings either or else they'd have like 6 days left.

Unless they're gonna have this 'Gold Only' sale end, then start a 'for everyone' sale closer to Black Friday. Gold would likely still have better prices though, so seems like it would make more sense to just overlap a Gold and Silver sale.
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer2047626,866
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 02:22Permalink
    Has there been mention of a bulk of the LEGO games being on sale? I just noticed it randomly just now.
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 03:00Permalink
    BigTymer2047 said:
    Has there been mention of a bulk of the LEGO games being on sale? I just noticed it randomly just now.
    Black Friday sale started, but it's huge, so it's taking a while to get posted.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,761
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.