The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2018

• Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,157,260
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 17:35, Edited on 17 November 18 at 17:38 by Elite1111111111
    Looking through the sale again and noticed Battle Chasers, so finally picked that up. Seems to have pretty great reviews.

For anyone who does Microsoft Rewards, $5 and $10 Microsoft gift cards are 30% off.
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,825,512
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 17:46
    Basileus said:
    o Heres Jonny o said:
    Slightly off topic, but if I redeem a Microsoft gift card, can I use it on my xbox or do I need an xbox gift card.

I will be pickig up return to arkham with the points if I can.
    Yes, you can use the Microsofot gift card for sales on Xbox. Did that recently.

BUT: I saw the last time when the 10$/10€-cards were on sale for 7000 reward points that their validity is limited. Pay attention to that detail, it might be again, but I didn't check.
    Awesome, thanks for the help.
    Happy Gaming
  • Posted on 17 November 18 at 18:39
    Night in the Woods for me, with $5 MS card discount! Yay!
  • lankyjustinlankyjustin676,326
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 20:42
    Some Lego games so much cheaper in US compared with UK. $8 v £12. Good exchange rate. Anyone else buy it from US store when living in UK
  • ViggenxpViggenxp32,967
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 23:10
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Viggenxp said:
    LifeExpectancy said:
    WTH is the point in having Destiny 2 AND Forsaken combo be cheaper than just Forsaken by itself?
    That's what I call the stupidest thing about Bungie, also bought Destiny 2 + first 2 dlc, and now want Forsaken, which is full price tag as same for those who have nothing, really was hoping to the price to come down to USD 20, not full price game, really Bungie is desperate for $$, really regret buying Destiny 2 in the first place, is a good game, lots of fun, but ridiculous prices, they are only hurting themselves, there are other users in here who didn't buy Forsaken for this.
    I take it you didn’t buy Destiny 1

Let me break it down for you:
    Destiny 1 Year 1 = $60
    Destiny 1 Year 2 = $60
    Destiny 1 Year 3 = $60

And if you decide not to pay for Year 2, you are locked out of most of the game. So it is your choice, do you want to pay $180 for a 3 year “subscription” or $60 for everything in Year 3? And before you say it is not fair, just remember you got to play the game for two years more than someone who buys it in year 3. Do you pay for Netflix every year, or do you wait until the final season of the show you love has been filmed, and then buy Netflix and watch it all at once.

Personally I will be getting:
    Destiny 2 in Year 4 for $30
    HolyHalfHead,

I own Destiny Taken King for 360 pay very cheap, really amazing and addicting game, on 4th December new Destiny 2 DLC is going to be released, namely "Black Armory" probably another 30 to 40 bucks really not what I called a price for a DLC,

I just bought the bundle "Prey + Dishonored 2" for € 26,00 of a wheck of a deals, two excellent games even cheaper than a single dlc for destiny, when Forsaken reaches 20 euros I will buy it, until then.
  • XerostomiaXerostomia1,394,056
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 00:38
    I was on the fence about XCom 2, but Amazon has the complete collection for $15.82. Only negative is that it is the hard copy (I prefer digital). Backordered, but still significantly cheaper than the $40 currently on sale.

What is 'weird' is that the complete collection is $59.99 most places, but MS has it for $99.99 so the 60% discount seems great, but it should be 60% off $59.99.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 02:10
    Xerostomia said:
    I was on the fence about XCom 2, but Amazon has the complete collection for $15.82. Only negative is that it is the hard copy (I prefer digital). Backordered, but still significantly cheaper than the $40 currently on sale.

What is 'weird' is that the complete collection is $59.99 most places, but MS has it for $99.99 so the 60% discount seems great, but it should be 60% off $59.99.
    I’m sure there will be a permanent price reduction on XCOM2 to $60, but the first time it goes on sale it won’t be 60% off, more likely 33% off (=$40).
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 02:15, Edited on 18 November 18 at 02:23 by HolyHalfDead
    Viggenxp said:
    HolyHalfHead,

I own Destiny Taken King for 360 pay very cheap, really amazing and addicting game, on 4th December new Destiny 2 DLC is going to be released, namely "Black Armory" probably another 30 to 40 bucks really not what I called a price for a DLC,

I just bought the bundle "Prey + Dishonored 2" for € 26,00 of a wheck of a deals, two excellent games even cheaper than a single dlc for destiny, when Forsaken reaches 20 euros I will buy it, until then.
    And yet I paid a total of $180 for Destiny + TTK + ROI. I certainly thought it was a good game.

It sounds to me like you should save your 20 euros and skip Forsaken and buy Black Armory (which includes Forsaken) instead.

Please remember that unlike a DLC for Fallout or Assassins Creed, you are playing on their servers which cost money to run. No money = closed servers.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • BegFourMercyBegFourMercy1,258,714
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 06:26
    Blue Papyrus said:
    I am so picking up The Division Gold Edition. I love this modern trend of 'game + season pass and bonuses at a steep discount'.
    Stay away from the DLC. Nothing like the base game.
  • lankyjustinlankyjustin676,326
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 11:37
    lankyjustin said:
    Some Lego games so much cheaper in US compared with UK. $8 v £12. Good exchange rate. Anyone else buy it from US store when living in UK
    just tried to buy from US store and i can't. i thought i had bought something in the past but won't allow me too.
  • eayragteayragt376,212
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 15:06
    lankyjustin said:
    lankyjustin said:
    just tried to buy from US store and i can't. i thought i had bought something in the past but won't allow me too.
    You need to purchase a gift card (not from MS Store), and the store generally doesn't accept cards issued in foreign regions.
    Say everything with a smile
  • ViggenxpViggenxp32,967
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 15:12
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Viggenxp said:
    HolyHalfHead,

And yet I paid a total of $180 for Destiny + TTK + ROI. I certainly thought it was a good game.

It sounds to me like you should save your 20 euros and skip Forsaken and buy Black Armory (which includes Forsaken) instead.

Please remember that unlike a DLC for Fallout or Assassins Creed, you are playing on their servers which cost money to run. No money = closed servers.
    I think is a smarter move to wait for next DLC, btw is anyone buying the XBOX X it's 100 USD off this week starting today.
  • madmaxeymadmaxey451,853
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 15:27
    Had to take advantage of Forza Horizon 4 deluxe on sale for $60. rock
  • JACKKAVJACKKAV571,641
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 16:46
    Sat here looking at 50% for the Croft edition of shadow of the tomb raider womdeerimg if it’s worth or if the price is still going to keep going down
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike222,064
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 19:42
    I was hoping for some dlc, namely the Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan pack, The Jack the Ripper dlc for AC: Syndicate and the Valley of the Yetis for Far Cry 4. I know those last two are possible as a stand alone sale, I've seen them before but still waiting for the Hoonigan pack. Maybe Christmas.
    Less work, more play!
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv871,673
    Posted on 18 November 18 at 22:10
    ShokuPanMike said:
    I was hoping for some dlc, namely the Forza Horizon 3 Hoonigan pack, The Jack the Ripper dlc for AC: Syndicate and the Valley of the Yetis for Far Cry 4. I know those last two are possible as a stand alone sale, I've seen them before but still waiting for the Hoonigan pack. Maybe Christmas.
    Several of us have been waiting for the Hoonigan pack, but I don't expect it to happen. I don't recall seeing any of those "specialty" Foza car packs on sale since the non-car pass packs of Forza Motorsport 4. Hopefully I'm wrong and you can tell me that in a month!
    Streets Ahead
  • ColdEagle86ColdEagle86385,720
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 00:12
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    GJChester said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    ??????????JUST A HEADS UP GUYS...MICROSOFT REWARDS HOT DEAL JUST WENT LIVE...ON MICROSOFT GIFT CARDS...CASH IN THEM POINTS IF YOU GOT EM!!!toast
    Good spotting. 30% off a £5 and £10 here in the UK.

Just note the credit expires 90 days after deposit, so if they do a direct credit to your account you need to spend it in 3 months.

Personally I'm holding out for the discounted Gold sub that appears every so often....
    Yea, 90 days I can easily spend all my money on sales ?? and my girls account we use for our gamepass and gold subs when discounted, we stock up. Works out perfect..one reward account for all our subs and one for our random game sales ??
    is this the ones that say ms store gift card? or is that for the store only and not 'credit' to use for purchasing digital content on the x1? i remember reading something somewhere and am now confused / concerned at selecting the wrong thing.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz2,216,590
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 00:29
    ColdEagle86 said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    GJChester said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    ??????????JUST A HEADS UP GUYS...MICROSOFT REWARDS HOT DEAL JUST WENT LIVE...ON MICROSOFT GIFT CARDS...CASH IN THEM POINTS IF YOU GOT EM!!!toast
    Good spotting. 30% off a £5 and £10 here in the UK.

Just note the credit expires 90 days after deposit, so if they do a direct credit to your account you need to spend it in 3 months.

Personally I'm holding out for the discounted Gold sub that appears every so often....
    Yea, 90 days I can easily spend all my money on sales ?? and my girls account we use for our gamepass and gold subs when discounted, we stock up. Works out perfect..one reward account for all our subs and one for our random game sales ??
    is this the ones that say ms store gift card? or is that for the store only and not 'credit' to use for purchasing digital content on the x1? i remember reading something somewhere and am now confused / concerned at selecting the wrong thing.
    On your Bing/Microsoft rewards dashboard go to redeem..should see a white holiday themed box that says..hot deal 30% of $5 Microsoft gift card..then u can redeem for either $5 or $10 increments. There isn't a limit. I redeemed close to $100 ?? Hope this helps!
    Matthew
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,326,572
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 00:49
    Not as good as previous years but I still managed to snag

Unravel two
    Fe
    Ass Creed Origins Gold
    Shadow of War + Season Pass
    Lego City Undercover
    Fallout 4 GOTY
    Lego Avengers Deluxe
    [Insert signature here.]
  • Posted on 19 November 18 at 02:00
    Picked up sword art online, assassins creed odyssey gold, adventure time, valkiria 4, final fantasy pocket edition and shining resonance. Aside from Vampyr that was pretty much everything on my wish list.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads