The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2018

  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 02:32, Edited on 16 November 18 at 03:04 by HolyHalfDead
    XenomorphFiend said:
    That seems like a pretty decent price for Xcom 2 War Of The Chosen compared to what I recall seeing in the past.

    Looks like buying the digital deluxe version of Xcom 2 ($18.75) and War Of The Chosen ($16) separately will save $5.25 compared to buying them bundled in the collection ($40), with the difference being you get the "reinforcement" pack ($19.99) with the digital deluxe, but the "resistance warrior" pack ($4.99) with the collection - making buying the Xcom 2 digital deluxe + War Of The Chosen separately a MUCH better
    They are far cheaper than they have ever been - but that won’t shut up the complainers (and we don’t all live in the US where games are only “$1.50 each” in the shops).

    Reinforcement Pack (aka Season Pass content) is in the Collection as well. If you take the UK prices, it is a little bit more buying them separately, but since Resistance warrior doesn’t have achievements you need to ask yourself if you really need it.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 02:40, Edited on 16 November 18 at 02:42 by HolyHalfDead
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    True Marvellous said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    😜😜😜😜😜JUST A HEADS UP GUYS...MICROSOFT REWARDS HOT DEAL JUST WENT LIVE...ON MICROSOFT GIFT CARDS...CASH IN THEM POINTS IF YOU GOT EM!!!toast
    Good spot just cashed in for £80.

    SotTR Croft Edition for free and £40 left clap
    Haha! Nice! Cashed in for $100..have absolutely no idea what I want, but between this sale, xmas n New Years sale, and everything in between I'm sure it'll be gone in no time! 😂 love ma rewards n free money! toast
    With Xbox One Rewards, I can now earn 25 points per day. It will still take me more than half a year to earn the 4900 points required for a single $5 credit.

    To top it off, when I was travelling my daughter did the Bing Rewards in Sydney, Dubai, London, Dublin, Bristol, Dubai and Sydney and racked up about 6,000 points. When we got back to New Zealand her account has been permanently banned, so she can’t even earn 25 points a day.

    I know they ban anyone who uses a VPN, but we were actually there - I have holiday photos to prove it.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa751,653
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 02:46
    Trying to decide if I want the Xcom 2 and its DLCs or A Hat in Time

    Any one can tip the odds for either?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 02:54
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Confused...the sale states it ends on the 26th..but on the Microsoft store page of all of these games they all say 3 days left??? Anyone know what's going on...is this entire sale for just the next 3 days like a pre sale and then they are changing it?
    Yes.

    Yes the week long sale with lower discounts for XBLive Free members starts on Tuesday - so everything need to be put on sale again.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 03:00, Edited on 16 November 18 at 03:00 by HolyHalfDead
    Dubs187 said:
    Trying to gift myself some games with my second account but it says I need gold, I guess the share gold doesn't work for sales? Will this sale be available to non gold members in three days? I just redeemed like $20 worth of Bing hot deal.
    I would tell you to delete your post, but it is too late for that now as it has been quoted.

    They will ban you for doing Bing searches with two accounts.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 03:06
    smakzillaa said:
    Trying to decide if I want the Xcom 2 and its DLCs or A Hat in Time

    Any one can tip the odds for either?
    Well I have been playing UFO: X-COM for 25 years, so it was a no brainer for me.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:16
    What do you guys think oof Overcooked 2 at this price? Just played Overcooked with GwG and it was really fun.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,089,239
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:23
    HolyHalfDead said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    True Marvellous said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    😜😜😜😜😜JUST A HEADS UP GUYS...MICROSOFT REWARDS HOT DEAL JUST WENT LIVE...ON MICROSOFT GIFT CARDS...CASH IN THEM POINTS IF YOU GOT EM!!!toast
    Good spot just cashed in for £80.

    SotTR Croft Edition for free and £40 left clap
    Haha! Nice! Cashed in for $100..have absolutely no idea what I want, but between this sale, xmas n New Years sale, and everything in between I'm sure it'll be gone in no time! 😂 love ma rewards n free money! toast
    With Xbox One Rewards, I can now earn 25 points per day. It will still take me more than half a year to earn the 4900 points required for a single $5 credit.

    To top it off, when I was travelling my daughter did the Bing Rewards in Sydney, Dubai, London, Dublin, Bristol, Dubai and Sydney and racked up about 6,000 points. When we got back to New Zealand her account has been permanently banned, so she can’t even earn 25 points a day.

    I know they ban anyone who uses a VPN, but we were actually there - I have holiday photos to prove it.
    Oh wow. I've heard the points suck outside the u.s. But damn didn't know it was that bad. That's crazy. Daily points here are 300-400 and then any email bonus points, and points on Xbox app. So it adds up crazy quick. But in your case, damn. I'd be hard pressed to even mess with it. Odd she got banned. Usually the customer support will help you out if you provide whatever info they need. I don't know what a vpn is. But she should be able to create a new account I imagine, if for some reason she can't get back into old one. Maybe create new email.
    Matthew
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:48
    She still has access to the account - the ban is from Microsoft Rewards.

    A VPN allows you to connect from New Zealand to the US to get a US IP Address so that Bing Rewards will work. In other words it allows you to pretend to be in a country that you are not in.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,089,239
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 05:22
    HolyHalfDead said:
    She still has access to the account - the ban is from Microsoft Rewards.

    A VPN allows you to connect from New Zealand to the US to get a US IP Address so that Bing Rewards will work. In other words it allows you to pretend to be in a country that you are not in.
    Oh gotcha. Usually if you contact them you can get the ban lifted if it was unjust. If not like I said, she could create a brand new account for everything.
    Matthew
  • rad fadrad fad354,681
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 06:11
    Wow I been waiting for this and all I got was Ms Pac Man for $1
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv664,904
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 07:56
    HolyHalfDead said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    That seems like a pretty decent price for Xcom 2 War Of The Chosen compared to what I recall seeing in the past.

    Looks like buying the digital deluxe version of Xcom 2 ($18.75) and War Of The Chosen ($16) separately will save $5.25 compared to buying them bundled in the collection ($40), with the difference being you get the "reinforcement" pack ($19.99) with the digital deluxe, but the "resistance warrior" pack ($4.99) with the collection - making buying the Xcom 2 digital deluxe + War Of The Chosen separately a MUCH better
    They are far cheaper than they have ever been - but that won’t shut up the complainers (and we don’t all live in the US where games are only “$1.50 each” in the shops).

    Reinforcement Pack (aka Season Pass content) is in the Collection as well. If you take the UK prices, it is a little bit more buying them separately, but since Resistance warrior doesn’t have achievements you need to ask yourself if you really need it.
    Huh, when I compared them on Microsoft's site the reinforcement pack didn't show up in the season pass. It could be a regional difference, but I'll check again to be sure. I'm glad I haven't made a purchase yet, in case. Thanks so much for your input! I'm definitely buying these either way, it's a FANTASTIC deal!
    Streets Ahead
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 08:29
    Dubs187 said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Dubs187 said:
    Inferno118 said:
    Dubs187 said:
    Trying to gift myself some games with my second account but it says I need gold, I guess the share gold doesn't work for sales? Will this sale be available to non gold members in three days? I just redeemed like $20 worth of Bing hot deal.
    Yeah it goes til the 30th
    Okay thought I had to get the gold for$1 just for the sale, that dollar is needed for tax. LoL
    These are not the prices Silver accounts will see, as Gold members get a further 10% off all items. So if you are planning on spending more than $10, the $1 gold membership would be cheaper.
    Oh wow, thanks for info.
    Or gift it from your main account. You also get the bing rewards points back for spending dough.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 08:30
    Living Legends said:
    Dubs187 said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Dubs187 said:
    Inferno118 said:
    Dubs187 said:
    Trying to gift myself some games with my second account but it says I need gold, I guess the share gold doesn't work for sales? Will this sale be available to non gold members in three days? I just redeemed like $20 worth of Bing hot deal.
    Yeah it goes til the 30th
    Okay thought I had to get the gold for$1 just for the sale, that dollar is needed for tax. LoL
    These are not the prices Silver accounts will see, as Gold members get a further 10% off all items. So if you are planning on spending more than $10, the $1 gold membership would be cheaper.
    Oh wow, thanks for info.
    Or gift it from your main account. You also get the bing rewards points back for spending dough.
    rad fad said:
    Wow I been waiting for this and all I got was Ms Pac Man for $1
    Me too
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 08:51
    I know people have spotted the usual crazy MS sale pricing (when two seperate percentages make a bigger combined discount that a single percentage).

    Well Shadow of Morder Definitive = $71.92 NZD, but combined it is $27.96 + $15.85 = a $28.11 saving if you buy them seperately. That is a massive 40% saving just for doing your homework before buying.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead599,103
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 09:06, Edited on 16 November 18 at 09:11 by HolyHalfDead
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Huh, when I compared them on Microsoft's site the reinforcement pack didn't show up in the season pass. It could be a regional difference, but I'll check again to be sure. I'm glad I haven't made a purchase yet, in case. Thanks so much for your input! I'm definitely buying these either way, it's a FANTASTIC deal!
    The Reinforcement Pack is the name of the season pass - http://www.microsoft.com/p/x/bzkrb2tpcpgp. Both Deluxe and Collection include the season pass.

    Having said all that, if you are in the US you should still get Deluxe + War of the Chosen. Then even if you decide you just got to have Resistance warrior, it is still $0.25 cheaper than the Collection.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • boodomiboodomi164,398
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 09:19
    A hat in time looks like fun
  • MarulezMarulez134,518
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 11:27
    THX TA for this nice listing!
  • BasileusBasileus246,599
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 13:10
    HolyHalfDead said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    True Marvellous said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    😜😜😜😜😜JUST A HEADS UP GUYS...MICROSOFT REWARDS HOT DEAL JUST WENT LIVE...ON MICROSOFT GIFT CARDS...CASH IN THEM POINTS IF YOU GOT EM!!!toast
    Good spot just cashed in for £80.

    SotTR Croft Edition for free and £40 left clap
    Haha! Nice! Cashed in for $100..have absolutely no idea what I want, but between this sale, xmas n New Years sale, and everything in between I'm sure it'll be gone in no time! 😂 love ma rewards n free money! toast
    With Xbox One Rewards, I can now earn 25 points per day. It will still take me more than half a year to earn the 4900 points required for a single $5 credit.

    To top it off, when I was travelling my daughter did the Bing Rewards in Sydney, Dubai, London, Dublin, Bristol, Dubai and Sydney and racked up about 6,000 points. When we got back to New Zealand her account has been permanently banned, so she can’t even earn 25 points a day.

    I know they ban anyone who uses a VPN, but we were actually there - I have holiday photos to prove it.
    I was in Abu Dhabi recently which lies in the UAE like Dubai and couldn't use the rewards program.
    It's not available there: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027275/microsoft-a...
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 14:13
    Basileus said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    True Marvellous said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    😜😜😜😜😜JUST A HEADS UP GUYS...MICROSOFT REWARDS HOT DEAL JUST WENT LIVE...ON MICROSOFT GIFT CARDS...CASH IN THEM POINTS IF YOU GOT EM!!!toast
    Good spot just cashed in for £80.

    SotTR Croft Edition for free and £40 left clap
    Haha! Nice! Cashed in for $100..have absolutely no idea what I want, but between this sale, xmas n New Years sale, and everything in between I'm sure it'll be gone in no time! 😂 love ma rewards n free money! toast
    With Xbox One Rewards, I can now earn 25 points per day. It will still take me more than half a year to earn the 4900 points required for a single $5 credit.

    To top it off, when I was travelling my daughter did the Bing Rewards in Sydney, Dubai, London, Dublin, Bristol, Dubai and Sydney and racked up about 6,000 points. When we got back to New Zealand her account has been permanently banned, so she can’t even earn 25 points a day.

    I know they ban anyone who uses a VPN, but we were actually there - I have holiday photos to prove it.
    I was in Abu Dhabi recently which lies in the UAE like Dubai and couldn't use the rewards program.
    It's not available there: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027275/microsoft-a...
    I truly still can't understand how to rack points. I installed bing on my phone and do searches, but how many in average do we need? Using edge helps? Do I have to relogin?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.