Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Telltale Games Enters Liquidation, Games Disappear from Steam

AuthorMessage
SoberedIrishman
Posted on 15 November 18 at 15:03, Edited on 15 November 18 at 15:04 by SoberedIrishman
MemorialSlinky said:
Question: If they're delisted from the store, would they still be in my ready to install list if I already own them?
They will be. However on Windows 10 you usually can't purchase any DLC except through the game directly.

I say usually because shared DLC from a Play Anywhere title can be purchased from the store like it is on the Xbox One

Edit: Also the Telltale DLC is actually installed with the game, it's not standalone
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 15 November 18 at 15:18
Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t. Your want to play a game doesn’t justify how they treated their employees. Don’t give them a single cent. Find a physical used copy or something. Nobody who put in hard work will ever get anything from it.
Bastian Reader
Posted on 15 November 18 at 15:44, Edited on 15 November 18 at 16:32 by Bastian Reader
All digital only Telltale games. Get them while you still can before they are delisted.

Every digital only TellTale game
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 15 November 18 at 15:46
I suspect this is because people bought a physical copy from let's say, Cex in the UK or Gamestop in America, installed it, blasted through the story, and returned it 2-3 days after they bought it for a full refund or some lame excuse trade back to the store in order to get a different game substituted for this.

At which point, they company didn't really make games that had a lot of re-playability value so I can kind of see why they went under. TellTale games are very niche and in my opinion, I used to like them. Then it turned into a we got the rights to this so we'll make 5 chapters of this story.

The only story they should have stuck with from day 1 was The Walking Dead. I felt they had a goldmine there from the get-go but didn't capitalise on it quickly or efficiently enough.
There is always a way.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 15 November 18 at 15:46
xSRYANx said:
Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t.
because their games are crap
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 15 November 18 at 15:49
Bastian Reader said:
All digital only Telltale games. Get them while you still can.

Every digital only TellTale game
Thank you for this link but I don't think many will capitalise on it to make enough of a different for TellTale.
There is always a way.
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 15 November 18 at 16:06
I need to get Batman season 2 and Minecraft season 2. But I don't want to pay full price for this.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
Living Legends
Posted on 15 November 18 at 16:07
still got to buy my batman Win10 stack to complete the series. Sad to see them go
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 15 November 18 at 16:18
Telltale isn't even trying to make a difference for Telltale, they are just trying to pay their creditors. So it's not like you're helping them make profit, you're helping the businesses that helped them make these games
Bastian Reader
Posted on 15 November 18 at 16:33
I meant get them before the digital only games are delisted.
DeceptiveTen
DeceptiveTen
Posted on 15 November 18 at 17:08
AaronJamesx38 said:
Hopefully they do a sale on them all so we can all grab them before they disappear
Don't count on it they are trying to pay off the debt. How can they do that if all there shit is on sale!!
deceptiveten
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 15 November 18 at 17:30
DeceptiveTen said:
AaronJamesx38 said:
Hopefully they do a sale on them all so we can all grab them before they disappear
Don't count on it they are trying to pay off the debt. How can they do that if all there shit is on sale!!
It's not going on sale. It's coming off the marketplace. Buy it now or miss it forever.

I suspect that these will not be reissued, although someone could potentially pay to transfer the licenses if GoT/TWD/whomever wants to let the games continue to be sold. That would remain to be seen. (I doubt it'll happen.)
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 15 November 18 at 17:46
TheGreatKoala said:
xSRYANx said:
Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t.
because their games are crap
Thanks i'll buy all of them because you said not to :)
Xbox 1, Ps4 & Switch gamer.
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 15 November 18 at 17:57
MC PHILABUSTA said:
I'm not paying more than 10 bucks for 7 days to die.
Same here. I tried it on that free play weekend they had a while ago and kept it installed waiting for a decent sale. The cheapest it has been since is $27.99 CAD.

To this day I kick myself for not having bought this bundle when it was on sale last year. $16.50 CAD for 7 days, Season 1 and 2 of TWD plus Michonne. I know we've received the first two seasons with Gold, but it was still good value.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/the-telltale-undead-surviv...

Pricing history:

https://www.storeparser.com/en-CA/xbox-one/search-results/Un...
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 15 November 18 at 18:21, Edited on 15 November 18 at 18:22 by BlackxRyan
I'll just play them on PC without Steam, I don't care.
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 15 November 18 at 18:27
Sashamorning said:
RichRichie1989 said:
when would the xbox games be delisted its only the ones on the windows 10 store that i need to buy
I suspect that delistings will be unannounced.
Who would announce it, I imagine their social media team has long gone
Shereni
Shereni
Posted on 15 November 18 at 19:01
I bought almost every TellTale game in the past so thankfully I don't have much to catch up to.

If only Minecraft Season 2 wasn't $25.00 right now, otherwise I would grab it in a heartbeat.
Bond22 Br
Bond22 Br
Posted on 15 November 18 at 19:18
TrueAssassin86x said:
V3ntilator said:
THQ Nordic is probably gonna buy this.
Or microsoft since they love buying dieing companys.
They could buy them all and preserve them on gamepass
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 15 November 18 at 19:31
So it seems most of these can be purchased physically, which includes the DLC.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 15 November 18 at 19:33
xSRYANx said:
Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t. Your want to play a game doesn’t justify how they treated their employees. Don’t give them a single cent. Find a physical used copy or something. Nobody who put in hard work will ever get anything from it.
The employees are just as much to blame for making shit, jerky, samey games. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.