Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Telltale Games Enters Liquidation, Games Disappear from Steam

• KedrixKedrix167,409
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 19:55Permalink
    The hate (over a dead company I might add) is just ridiculous. If you like the games, then buy them, if you don't, then well don't. It's like you are rolling over the dead body and then kicking it some more just to get a reaction. The intention of the article was just a heads up if anybody was being a little lazy about grabbing these games. Not to set fire to the smoldering corpse, geez.

On the flip side, I think I have everything I want that I'll play in the future. This would only affect for me personally some of the Walking Dead stuff which I was never really into. Everything else I have or already played through so I'm all good.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 22:19Permalink
    I don't have the setup nor the money to wholesale buy all of the Windows 10 stuff. Gonna hope it's still there whenever I finally get a PC. Otherwise...oh well!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 November 18 at 23:15, Edited on 15 November 18 at 23:15 by Permalink
    Get ‘em while they’re not hot! laugh
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 23:21Permalink
    It's just so sad to see this. They made so many fantastic games. Some of the best stories ever in gaming. This isn't how it should have gone.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • Vok 250Vok 250214,614
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 23:27Permalink
    How will this work with Games with Gold licenses? Will we still have access to the Xbox One versions?
  • SheBeatsYouSheBeatsYou220,573
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 00:08Permalink
    Good thing most if not all of these are physical as well. Fk Telltale ill be getting batman off ebay everything else I have or dont care about.
  • MVPVincentMVPVincent1,029,667
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 00:49, Edited on 16 November 18 at 00:51 by MVPVincentPermalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    xSRYANx said:
    Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t. Your want to play a game doesn’t justify how they treated their employees. Don’t give them a single cent. Find a physical used copy or something. Nobody who put in hard work will ever get anything from it.
    The employees are just as much to blame for making shit, jerky, samey games. laugh
    The shit, jerky, samey games that were greenlit by the board members and executives who got the company into this mess in the first place. The employees on the ground level were simply doing their jobs and when you're being forced into crunch periods constantly by the executives, what sort of quality do you expect to get?
    I am a man of few words, but many riddles.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 01:18Permalink
    Hazar Khall said:
    I'll pick up Jurassic Park. Damn everything fam, I hate this I actually really liked Telltale. The scummy sh** they pulled on their employees though, most whom had been living paycheck to paycheck, kills me though. Like Rockstars 100+ work weeks (no fam, "crunch" is not okay) I just feel like the industry is sitting in an ever darkening gray area cry

I hope SD comes through, fingers crossed.
    Is that short for famine? I have no idea what you just said...
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 01:21Permalink
    Hazar Khall said:
    I'll pick up Jurassic Park. Damn everything fam, I hate this I actually really liked Telltale. The scummy sh** they pulled on their employees though, most whom had been living paycheck to paycheck, kills me though. Like Rockstars 100+ work weeks (no fam, "crunch" is not okay) I just feel like the industry is sitting in an ever darkening gray area cry

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 November 18 at 01:27Permalink
    I actually enjoyed Jurassic Park, they at least tried to tell a story. The underwater part still creeps me out.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 02:51Permalink
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    Hazar Khall said:

Young people talk for family.

I recently picked up sam and max and wow those games were a lot of fun. I genuinely liked a lot of the telltale stuff so this does suck, but hopefully their stuff goes on sale before it's delisted inevitably.
  • AlgurAlgur237,212
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 03:18Permalink
    xSRYANx said:
    Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t. Your want to play a game doesn’t justify how they treated their employees. Don’t give them a single cent. Find a physical used copy or something. Nobody who put in hard work will ever get anything from it.
    The company is liquidating. Any profits they make will go to paying off debts, which includes payroll still owed.
  • AlgurAlgur237,212
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 03:21Permalink
    MVPVincent said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    xSRYANx said:
    The employees are just as much to blame for making shit, jerky, samey games. laugh
    The shit, jerky, samey games that were greenlit by the board members and executives who got the company into this mess in the first place. The employees on the ground level were simply doing their jobs and when you're being forced into crunch periods constantly by the executives, what sort of quality do you expect to get?
    It's unlikely board members would see that level of detail. Management would though.
  • Lord NazuleLord Nazule528,234
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 03:55Permalink
    so glad I got those on sale when I did.
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,059,446
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:02Permalink
    Just so everyone knows:
    If you already own a delisted game but it isn't in your Ready to Install for whatever reason (like you removed it), you can still access it by either going to your games list on Xbox and finding it then going to the store or doing the same on some else who had played it's account.

You cannot buy it if you hadn't previously owned it, but you can download it if you already had
    ~Ya boy Santino Hartford
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:04, Edited on 16 November 18 at 04:06 by PangoBaraPermalink
    Algur said:
    MVPVincent said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    xSRYANx said:
    It's unlikely board members would see that level of detail. Management would though.
    Also, aren't Rockstar famous for constantly making their workers work insane hours? Their games are normally considered as fantastic.

(Of course, they also make way less games)
    ~Ya boy Santino Hartford
  • lightsup55lightsup55245,320
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 05:02, Edited on 16 November 18 at 05:11 by lightsup55Permalink
    ImJustYourDaddy said:
    Just so everyone knows:
    If you already own a delisted game but it isn't in your Ready to Install for whatever reason (like you removed it), you can still access it by either going to your games list on Xbox and finding it then going to the store or doing the same on some else who had played it's account.

You cannot buy it if you hadn't previously owned it, but you can download it if you already had
    Hide or unhide items in Ready to Install

To unhide a game in Ready to Install, hold down the Left Stick cn_LSc (you should hear a clicking noise when you do) and press the X button cn_X. You may need to this with a game tile highlighted in the Ready to Install section. This will show anything you've ever hidden from the Ready to Install list. Once you have done this, highlight any game tile, press the Menu button cn_start, then click on Unhide from list to show that game tile again. You can also re-install it if you want. To re-hide everything, hold down the Left Stick cn_LSc and press the X button cn_X again.
  • REGIX 117REGIX 117988,086
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 05:03Permalink
    Just a question here : how i know the price of the dlc to those games without downloading its in win 10 version because i don't wants to see these game in my list and need to pay 30$ to complete it
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 05:08Permalink
    lightsup55 said:
    ImJustYourDaddy said:
    Just so everyone knows:

Can't say that that worked for me. I remember coming across that when I last tried to. Nothing works to un-hide my games
    ~Ya boy Santino Hartford
  • lightsup55lightsup55245,320
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 05:12, Edited on 16 November 18 at 05:12 by lightsup55Permalink
    ImJustYourDaddy said:
    lightsup55 said:
    ImJustYourDaddy said:
    Just so everyone knows:

Can't say that that worked for me. I remember coming across that when I last tried to. Nothing works to un-hide my games
    I updated my original post.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.