Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Telltale Games Enters Liquidation, Games Disappear from Steam

  • lightsup55lightsup55245,320
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 05:31, Edited on 16 November 18 at 05:54 by lightsup55Permalink
    REGIX 117 said:
    Just a question here : how i know the price of the dlc to those games without downloading its in win 10 version because i don't wants to see these game in my list and need to pay 30$ to complete it
    You can hide games with no achievements on Xbox One, if you have one.

    The Xbox app is available on Windows 10 PC (as well as Windows 10 Mobile, Android and iOS).

    The Xbox (beta) app is also available on Windows 10 PC (as well as Windows 10 Mobile and Android; sorry, no iOS release).

    Unfortunately, I haven't found the option to hide games with no achievements using the Xbox app, yet. This feature might be added in a later update.

    Even with that, you can hide games/apps from your Ready to Install list in the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10. To hide any game/app, click ... then click Hide.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 05:57Permalink
    Fuck. I don’t want to pay full price for all those Windows games
  • REGIX 117REGIX 117988,086
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 06:23Permalink
    Buttercup III said:
    Fuck. I don’t want to pay full price for all those Windows games
    And for the price ?
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 08:26Permalink
    With the windows version, I hate I have to load up the game before I know if I had fully purchased it. For the longest, while I believed I owned almost all of them now it turns out I didn't. I bit the annoying bullet of buying them all except Minecraft story mode season 1 because at £25 pounds that way too much especially with black Friday sale going on right now.
  • Lt T PeckLt T Peck245,763
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 08:48Permalink
    I picked up all 8 episodes of Minecraft for, like... 2 Quid on CDKeys. It might still be up.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 09:07Permalink
    REGIX 117 said:
    Just a question here : how i know the price of the dlc to those games without downloading its in win 10 version because i don't wants to see these game in my list and need to pay 30$ to complete it
    Bottom of page of the games page shows additional content and a price range. If the range is lower than the usual price then it's on special. To buy it you must own the original content first and buy it through the games menu
  • I NVIII II NVIII I566,619
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 10:16Permalink
    Why couldn't they chuck all the windows 10 ones on sale for like oh I don't know 90%?
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,828,150
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 11:13, Edited on 16 November 18 at 11:13 by SashamorningPermalink
    Licenses are probably already gone. Also, I think all the ones not yet delisted still have physical discs. I think.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,240,235
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 14:18Permalink
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    TheGreatKoala said:
    xSRYANx said:
    Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t.
    because their games are crap
    Thanks i'll buy all of them because you said not to :)
    You do that, give your money to the people who screwed over their entire workforce and ran the company into the ground. Good call. Hope nobody gives you an ounce of empathy if it ever happens to you.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 16:29Permalink
    Unless the cost of keeping those titles up at M$ Store is higher than the eventual profit they make, it doesn't seem to make much sense to delist them, since in liquidation the more income they can earn means the more creditors and debts they pay.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 16:40Permalink
    togethawiistand said:
    Unless the cost of keeping those titles up at M$ Store is higher than the eventual profit they make, it doesn't seem to make much sense to delist them, since in liquidation the more income they can earn means the more creditors and debts they pay.
    You can't Be in the process of liquidation and make money off of stuff you already liquidated.
  • WiznyattWiznyatt922,083
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 17:57Permalink
    It seems reasonable to think that if the company is selling off the properties that they will still exist after Telltale is dissolved.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,828,150
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 18:49Permalink
    Wiznyatt said:
    It seems reasonable to think that if the company is selling off the properties that they will still exist after Telltale is dissolved.
    There are legalities with assigning the properties, even if sold. They could be relisted later, but there are details that would need to be worked out, if in fact that would happen.

    The first thing would likely to be to take the Telltale name off.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • IRL Games XIRL Games X333,307
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 20:14Permalink
    Sad times I have completed most of the console games but probably won’t be able to complete the windows version. Does anyone have suggestions for laptops that run these games? I can’t get past the action scenes before my computer crashes 😂
    Shadow2327
  • Dubs187Dubs187643,337
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 21:46Permalink
    I would have gotten the second season of Batman just to see how the joker story plays out, if it were on sale right now. I actually didn't mind the first season as I only paid $5 for it.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 21:52Permalink
    TheBuddha336 said:
    I was hoping for a black friday sale on most of these games, especially the windows 10 versions

    I guess I am going to have the pay full price for batman - evil within
    good thing they discounted them.. basicly just a bit over the price of 2 episodes (Y)
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • JunkdewdJunkdewd153,295 153,295 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 22:58Permalink
    Maw N Paw said:
    Then it turned into a we got the rights to this so we'll make 5 chapters of this story.

    The only story they should have stuck with from day 1 was The Walking Dead. I felt they had a goldmine there from the get-go but didn't capitalise on it quickly or efficiently enough.
    What they should have done is make continual updates to the expensive IPs, so instead of a 5 part game, have an ongoing story for fans to look forward too.
  • AlgurAlgur237,212
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 23:42Permalink
    xSRYANx said:
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    TheGreatKoala said:
    xSRYANx said:
    Do NOT buy anything from them. Just don’t.
    because their games are crap
    Thanks i'll buy all of them because you said not to :)
    You do that, give your money to the people who screwed over their entire workforce and ran the company into the ground. Good call. Hope nobody gives you an ounce of empathy if it ever happens to you.
    Let me reiterate. Telltale is liquidating. Any revenue they earn on game sales will go toward paying off their debts. This includes any payroll that is still owed.
  • AlgurAlgur237,212
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 23:45Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    togethawiistand said:
    Unless the cost of keeping those titles up at M$ Store is higher than the eventual profit they make, it doesn't seem to make much sense to delist them, since in liquidation the more income they can earn means the more creditors and debts they pay.
    You can't Be in the process of liquidation and make money off of stuff you already liquidated.
    It's a timing issue. If Telltale still holds the license at the time revenue is earned then the corresponding revenue will be distributed to creditors as a normal part of liquidation. If the license has already been sold then the revenue will go to the new owner.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,828,150
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 00:13Permalink
    That depends on the terms of the sale. I suspect the creditors will receive current revenues, and any purchasers of the license would receive future revenues. Again, I suspect a new company will want, at the very least, their own name on the game.

    But all this is really beside the point. Buy now or don't.

    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.