Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Telltale Games Enters Liquidation, Games Disappear from Steam

• ShinnizleShinnizle837,005
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 00:31Permalink
    Sashamorning said:
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Now you're asking the real questions! laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • KnoellKnoell348,864
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 00:43Permalink
    Algur said:
    Living Legends said:
    togethawiistand said:
    Unless the cost of keeping those titles up at M$ Store is higher than the eventual profit they make, it doesn't seem to make much sense to delist them, since in liquidation the more income they can earn means the more creditors and debts they pay.
    You can't Be in the process of liquidation and make money off of stuff you already liquidated.
    It's a timing issue. If Telltale still holds the license at the time revenue is earned then the corresponding revenue will be distributed to creditors as a normal part of liquidation. If the license has already been sold then the revenue will go to the new owner.
    New owners might not be interested in the flagging income of these properties and more interested in what they can do in the future with them. So shutting them down would make no difference to them.
  • TreviosoTrevioso226,517
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 09:26Permalink
    Do we have a list of games that only have digital releases? I think I need the Win 10 version of all these games if I want the Win 10 achinevements, but I think most of the Xbox One and 360 version of the games have disc versions of the games though.
  • Posted on 17 November 18 at 12:00Permalink
    If we have them downloaded and owned then we don’t have to worry about the delisting of the games right? I can still play them anytime as long as I own them?
  • lightsup55lightsup55245,414
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 13:07Permalink
    Anbu Blackops10 said:
    If we have them downloaded and owned then we don’t have to worry about the delisting of the games right? I can still play them anytime as long as I own them?
    For content you've never purchased (removed from the Store):
    If you had never purchased the game/app (including DLC) previously that is now removed from the Store, you won't be able to purchase the game/app (including DLC). You will not be able to install the game/app (including DLC) as you've never had the license on your account at any point in time.

In other words... if you've never purchased said content previously that was removed from the Store, you've never had it, cannot purchase it now and cannot install it. There is no way to get said content for your account.

For content you have purchased previously (removed from the Store):
    You'll be able to re-install any game/app from Ready to Install at any time that you had previously purchased (including DLC), even it has been removed from the Store. This includes any game/app (and it's DLC, if applicable) published/developed by any company.

Note: DLC will appear under the Ready to Install section for that game/app tile. You can manage Installed and Ready to Install DLC from Manage game & add-ons (press the Menu button cn_start while highlighting a game/app tile to access it).

If you choose a game tile and it isn't installed, you'll be prompted if you want to install it or not. Any DLC (add-ons) you had previously purchased will also be installed along with the game. If you want to install the game/app without the DLC (add-ons), you'll need to access Manage game & add-ons to install the game/app and it's DLC (add-ons) separately.

This mostly applies to Xbox One games/apps and DLC (add-ons).

For Windows 10, you need to use the Microsoft Store app. Click ..., then My Library to find all of your previously purchased content. That list might be very long and may take some time to find the game/app and DLC you want to re-install. You can re-install the game and DLC (add-ons) at any time, even if they are removed from the Store.
    Note: The DLC (add-ons) for Windows 10 games are only available for sale in-game. You'll need to load each game in order to make the initial purchase of the season pass or individual episodes.

For Xbox 360, you'll need to go to the Settings tab on the Xbox 360 Dashboard. Click Account, then click on Download History. A word of warning: Your download history list on Xbox 360 might be very long and may take some time to find the game/app and DLC you want to re-download. If you purchased the season pass, you'll need to load the game to queue each episode in your active downloads. You'll only get the episodes free by downloading them in-game (applies to season pass holders only). When you do this, it will add them to your Download History to re-download later if needed.

No matter which platform you are on, you'll need to be logged in to the Microsoft account that originally purchased the content you wish to re-download/re-install.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have purchased any season pass DLC for any game on Xbox 360, you might want to consider making sure that you download each episode in-game. You'll only get the episodes free by downloading them in-game (applies to season pass holders only). This is the only way to make sure you'll be able to re-download any episode if needed.

If you need to load up any game that you don't intend to start right away and don't want it showing on your gamercard, you can hide games with no achievements on Xbox One. On Xbox One, you'll need to be viewing your own profile to do this. This must also be done from your Xbox 360's achievement list as well (can be done easily in the Xbox 360 Guide; this same feature is called "Delete" instead). If you delete a game with no achievements on Xbox 360, it will still show on your Xbox One profile. Essentially, the Xbox 360 is only hiding it ("delete" is actually the wrong word).

But what if you only have Windows 10?
    Unfortunately, the Xbox app (Android / iOS) and Xbox (beta) app (Android) both do not support hiding games with achievements. That feature could be added sometime in the future.

Hope that helps.
  • Posted on 18 November 18 at 12:47Permalink
    So....I have something weird going on.

I purchased previously a few TT games on Win10 and completed them.

3 days ago my friend who lives in US told me he downloaded Batman S1 - the first episode, then checked the season pass - it was 5$ only.

I thought to myself that I need to check it as well, maybe there's some invisible discount on some of the season passes on win10.

------------------------------------------------------

First thing I did was check Minecraft S1 season pass - I downloaded the first episode more than a year ago and was waiting for a sale on the season pass.

To my huge surprise, there was no option of buying season pass AT ALL. I kept searching for it - no luck. Then I saw that on every episode is written "purchased and installed". Obviously, I thought there was some mistake. What did I do? Right. I started episode 8, just to make sure it works.

"Previously on Minecraft Story Mode..." - at this point I understood that it isn't a joke...

I downloaded 4 other games I have never downloaded or purchased on Win10. Once they were downloaded fully, I loaded each one and checked that it says "Season pass purchased" in every one of them.

No, I didn't get any bill for buying them - I think I changed my credit card since the last time I even bought something from Windows store.

Immediately after that I told my friend who lives in Europe to go and try downloading something as well. After a quick check he said that only the first episode is free and the game offers to purchase season pass right away.

I have no idea what's going on.
  • Posted on 18 November 18 at 16:52Permalink
    Not sure what is going on, I have the option for downloading the complete season for batman telltale series windows, walking dead a new frontier windows, minecraft story mode season 2 windows, and batman the enemy within windows. I never bought hem. I haven't played them yet, but it's downloading the full game. I will update this when it finishes downloading.
  • Posted on 18 November 18 at 17:25Permalink
    Bastian Reader said:
    Not sure what is going on, I have the option for downloading the complete season for batman telltale series windows, walking dead a new frontier windows, minecraft story mode season 2 windows, and batman the enemy within windows. I never bought hem. I haven't played them yet, but it's downloading the full game. I will update this when it finishes downloading.
    Waiting to hear your side, bud. FYI, my European friend downloaded the whole season as well ( I guess it's how their download works once every episode is available, and then all you need is the license = season pass - so you can actually play those episodes ), and the game still wanted him to buy the season pass.

Keep the thread updated toast
  • Posted on 18 November 18 at 18:06Permalink
    My friend and I are having trouble with the games. Only have access to the first episode as well. Guess you got lucky then.
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury591,206
    Posted on 22 November 18 at 23:39Permalink
    Minecraft the Complete Adventure is dirt cheap on some sides at the moment.
    Online stores like Livekeys dot NL sell codes for the digital version for roughly 5,95€ (which is roughly 7 US Dollars). Code can be used worldwide. Just a heads up before they are removed from any stores.
    No. Not trying to spam here by the way. Just a heads up as I said :)
  • Posted on 23 November 18 at 00:11Permalink
    I was able to download the first episode for free and season ass for fifteen. A discount out of nowhere on the original batman game. I owned the others but they seem to have had a price drop as well
  • Raistlin 156Raistlin 156538,129
    Posted on 02 January 19 at 13:22Permalink
    Was the 360 version released in full on a disc ever? I started it on my 360, but didn't finish it. Then I got it on my xBox one, finishing it there. I'm going back now through my "adventure" games and trying to complete some that I started, but when I go to my Ready to Install Games, only the xbox one version of The Wolf appears, and I specifically want to do the 360 version (which I also purchased, but isn't appearing). Any assistance in either situation would be appreciated...
  • Posted on 02 January 19 at 13:43Permalink
    Raistlin 156 said:
    Was the 360 version released in full on a disc ever? I started it on my 360, but didn't finish it. Then I got it on my xBox one, finishing it there. I'm going back now through my "adventure" games and trying to complete some that I started, but when I go to my Ready to Install Games, only the xbox one version of The Wolf appears, and I specifically want to do the 360 version (which I also purchased, but isn't appearing). Any assistance in either situation would be appreciated...
    I would use an Xbox 360 for the other versions
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,828,295
    Posted on 03 January 19 at 01:03Permalink
    Raistlin 156 said:
    It's not backwards compatible.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • trialiatrialia27,072
    Posted on 22 February 19 at 09:21, Edited on 22 February 19 at 09:26 by trialiaPermalink
    lightsup55 said:
    IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have purchased any season pass DLC for any game on Xbox 360, you might want to consider making sure that you download each episode in-game. You'll only get the episodes free by downloading them in-game (applies to season pass holders only). This is the only way to make sure you'll be able to re-download any episode if needed.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the heads-up on season pass installations, there - I had the pass for Minecraft Story Mode but I've never got round to starting the game, so I wouldn't have known about that & would've probably lost all the subsequent episodes if they're withdrawn without my downloading them first. Now I have, so I'm sorted.

I don't have a lot of Telltale games, fortunately - though I occasionally confuse them with Traveller's Tales in my head, which is frustrating.
    ~ Tria http://unfaithful-mirror.net
  • lightsup55lightsup55245,414
    Posted on 22 February 19 at 19:45, Edited on 22 February 19 at 19:49 by lightsup55Permalink
    trialia said:
    I don't have a lot of Telltale games, fortunately - though I occasionally confuse them with Traveller's Tales in my head, which is frustrating.
    Traveller's Tales reminds me of Sonic 3D Blast (1996) and Sonic R (1997), originally released on the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) and Sega Saturn respectively.

Sonic 3D Blast is available on Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the following collections:
    Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
    SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
    SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics
  • GraymawrGraymawr127,002
    Posted on 26 July 19 at 15:14Permalink
    Any word yet on when this will be delisted on the Xbox store?? I am hoping it can hold out until at least the end of August or September when I make my next big purchases.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.