Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Xbox One Update Brings Mouse and Keyboard Functionality

  • punkyliarpunkyliar199,861
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,084,155
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:33Permalink
    I'd like to see games like Sims 4, the Artifex Mundi stuff, X-Com, 8-bit Armies etc support this. Yeah, it's great at the moment for people who would rather use a mouse in shooting games, but it would blow open the doors for all kinds of strategy games should developers wish to use it. Imagine Tropico, Omerta, or Broken Sword and Deponia...
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:42Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    I'd like to see games like Sims 4, the Artifex Mundi stuff, X-Com, 8-bit Armies etc support this. Yeah, it's great at the moment for people who would rather use a mouse in shooting games, but it would blow open the doors for all kinds of strategy games should developers wish to use it. Imagine Tropico, Omerta, or Broken Sword and Deponia...
    I wish they would bring the rest of Deponia to the console. I agree though, strategy games and Point and Clicks would benefit greatly from mouse and keyboard support. I'd also love to see games like Elite Dangerous get the support on console.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:57Permalink
    At this rate the next Xbox will be called Xbox Personal Computer Emulator.
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:00Permalink
    I’m a little surprised more games didn’t take part in this right away.
  • Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:10Permalink
    Ooooh, so it's not automatically for every game. Too bad.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf451,292
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:20Permalink
    anyone else having this issue for the last month where when they turn on their xbox it will say "cannot sign you in, sign in using a controller", at which point sometimes I can sign in, but usually I have to go to menu and restart console?
  • CLARION 85CLARION 852,489,337
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:26Permalink
    keyboard is ok for games like halo wars, age of empires or point n click but not for shooters
  • ZukapeZukape263,972
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249622,366
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:56Permalink
    Looking forward to the Amazon music app so I can listen to music in the background while gaming.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar199,861
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz366,026
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 22:52Permalink
    Notifications at the moment are completely busted I hope it fixes that and my controller is constantly desyncing. Every other day.
  • SplyntaSplynta474,686
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 22:53Permalink
    this might actually make the sims playable now
  • K3DAMiK3DAMi641,708
    Posted on 15 November 18 at 23:47Permalink
    CLARION 85 said:
    keyboard is ok for games like halo wars, age of empires or point n click but not for shooters
    I use to think the same thing until i started playing CS:GO, anytime i switch back to a controller it's pretty horrifying , I would love some Keyboard & Mouse support for shooters on Xbox.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 00:33Permalink
    K3DAMi said:
    CLARION 85 said:
    keyboard is ok for games like halo wars, age of empires or point n click but not for shooters
    I use to think the same thing until i started playing CS:GO, anytime i switch back to a controller it's pretty horrifying , I would love some Keyboard & Mouse support for shooters on Xbox.
    ^ Shooters would really benefit from this.
  • WebManWebMan791,555
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 00:39Permalink
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    At this rate the next Xbox will be called Xbox Personal Computer Emulator.
    This is my concern. I may be in the minority but I don’t want to use a keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I played PC games for many years and have nothing against them. I love RTS and adventure (point and click) games. But, when I use my Xbox, I want to sit comfortably on my couch with a game controller in my hand. If I have to pull up a coffee table with a keyboard and mouse, then I may as well sit at my desk and use my PC. There is a time and a place for each platform - don’t mix your chocolate with my peanut butter. smile
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 16 November 18 at 01:24, Edited on 16 November 18 at 01:24 by Permalink
    Cool! The future is now and shit! rock
  • lightsup55lightsup55285,382
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 02:05, Edited on 16 November 18 at 02:06 by lightsup55Permalink
    Minecraft (new version on Xbox One) already has mouse and keyboard support.
  • Tatl360Tatl360259,737
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:02Permalink
    WebMan said:
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    At this rate the next Xbox will be called Xbox Personal Computer Emulator.
    This is my concern. I may be in the minority but I don’t want to use a keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I played PC games for many years and have nothing against them. I love RTS and adventure (point and click) games. But, when I use my Xbox, I want to sit comfortably on my couch with a game controller in my hand. If I have to pull up a coffee table with a keyboard and mouse, then I may as well sit at my desk and use my PC. There is a time and a place for each platform - don’t mix your chocolate with my peanut butter. smile
    Yes I don't like it too and don't think it's needed. The popularity of some games made this happen.

    I will probably never use it but it's good if it brings Age of Empires for us to play with the controller. headspin
    Hopefully no game is allowed without controller support. Developers are that lazy and I don't doubt some want that.
  • Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:18Permalink
    rocking23nf said:
    anyone else having this issue for the last month where when they turn on their xbox it will say "cannot sign you in, sign in using a controller", at which point sometimes I can sign in, but usually I have to go to menu and restart console?
    Yeah I have this also. Not every time I turn on but enough times that it cheeses me off.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.