Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Xbox One Update Brings Mouse and Keyboard Functionality

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 15 November 18 at 19:35
Begins with two titles

Please click here to read the story: November's Xbox One Update Brings Mouse and Keyboard Functionality
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:33
I'd like to see games like Sims 4, the Artifex Mundi stuff, X-Com, 8-bit Armies etc support this. Yeah, it's great at the moment for people who would rather use a mouse in shooting games, but it would blow open the doors for all kinds of strategy games should developers wish to use it. Imagine Tropico, Omerta, or Broken Sword and Deponia...
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:42
x Mataeus x said:
I'd like to see games like Sims 4, the Artifex Mundi stuff, X-Com, 8-bit Armies etc support this. Yeah, it's great at the moment for people who would rather use a mouse in shooting games, but it would blow open the doors for all kinds of strategy games should developers wish to use it. Imagine Tropico, Omerta, or Broken Sword and Deponia...
I wish they would bring the rest of Deponia to the console. I agree though, strategy games and Point and Clicks would benefit greatly from mouse and keyboard support. I'd also love to see games like Elite Dangerous get the support on console.
See You Space Cowboy...
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:57
At this rate the next Xbox will be called Xbox Personal Computer Emulator.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:00
I’m a little surprised more games didn’t take part in this right away.
SneezeSomeMilk
Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:10
Ooooh, so it's not automatically for every game. Too bad.
rocking23nf
rocking23nf
Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:20
anyone else having this issue for the last month where when they turn on their xbox it will say "cannot sign you in, sign in using a controller", at which point sometimes I can sign in, but usually I have to go to menu and restart console?
CLARION 85
CLARION 85
Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:26
keyboard is ok for games like halo wars, age of empires or point n click but not for shooters
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:55
Also The Sims 4, here is the source:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950676/changes-a...
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 15 November 18 at 21:56
Looking forward to the Amazon music app so I can listen to music in the background while gaming.
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 15 November 18 at 22:16
Zukape said:I've added that one to the bottom list, thanks!
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 15 November 18 at 22:52
Notifications at the moment are completely busted I hope it fixes that and my controller is constantly desyncing. Every other day.
Splynta
Splynta
Posted on 15 November 18 at 22:53
this might actually make the sims playable now
K3DAMi
K3DAMi
Posted on 15 November 18 at 23:47
CLARION 85 said:
keyboard is ok for games like halo wars, age of empires or point n click but not for shooters
I use to think the same thing until i started playing CS:GO, anytime i switch back to a controller it's pretty horrifying , I would love some Keyboard & Mouse support for shooters on Xbox.
ComboChrist
ComboChrist
Posted on 16 November 18 at 00:33
K3DAMi said:
CLARION 85 said:
I use to think the same thing until i started playing CS:GO, anytime i switch back to a controller it's pretty horrifying , I would love some Keyboard & Mouse support for shooters on Xbox.
^ Shooters would really benefit from this.
WebMan
WebMan
Posted on 16 November 18 at 00:39
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
This is my concern. I may be in the minority but I don’t want to use a keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I played PC games for many years and have nothing against them. I love RTS and adventure (point and click) games. But, when I use my Xbox, I want to sit comfortably on my couch with a game controller in my hand. If I have to pull up a coffee table with a keyboard and mouse, then I may as well sit at my desk and use my PC. There is a time and a place for each platform - don’t mix your chocolate with my peanut butter. smile

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 November 18 at 01:24, Edited on 16 November 18 at 01:24 by
Cool! The future is now and shit! rock
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 16 November 18 at 02:05, Edited on 16 November 18 at 02:06 by lightsup55
Minecraft (new version on Xbox One) already has mouse and keyboard support.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:02
WebMan said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
This is my concern. I may be in the minority but I don’t want to use a keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I played PC games for many years and have nothing against them. I love RTS and adventure (point and click) games. But, when I use my Xbox, I want to sit comfortably on my couch with a game controller in my hand. If I have to pull up a coffee table with a keyboard and mouse, then I may as well sit at my desk and use my PC. There is a time and a place for each platform - don’t mix your chocolate with my peanut butter. smile
Yes I don't like it too and don't think it's needed. The popularity of some games made this happen.

I will probably never use it but it's good if it brings Age of Empires for us to play with the controller. headspin
Hopefully no game is allowed without controller support. Developers are that lazy and I don't doubt some want that.
Smallville2106
Posted on 16 November 18 at 04:18
rocking23nf said:
anyone else having this issue for the last month where when they turn on their xbox it will say "cannot sign you in, sign in using a controller", at which point sometimes I can sign in, but usually I have to go to menu and restart console?
Yeah I have this also. Not every time I turn on but enough times that it cheeses me off.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.