Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

November's Xbox One Update Brings Mouse and Keyboard Functionality

AuthorMessage
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 16 November 18 at 06:20
Tatl360 said:
WebMan said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
At this rate the next Xbox will be called Xbox Personal Computer Emulator.
This is my concern. I may be in the minority but I don’t want to use a keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I played PC games for many years and have nothing against them. I love RTS and adventure (point and click) games. But, when I use my Xbox, I want to sit comfortably on my couch with a game controller in my hand. If I have to pull up a coffee table with a keyboard and mouse, then I may as well sit at my desk and use my PC. There is a time and a place for each platform - don’t mix your chocolate with my peanut butter. smile
Yes I don't like it too and don't think it's needed. The popularity of some games made this happen.

I will probably never use it but it's good if it brings Age of Empires for us to play with the controller. headspin
Hopefully no game is allowed without controller support. Developers are that lazy and I don't doubt some want that.
Mouse and Keyboard on the console will always be an optional input system. You both have nothing to worry about. If you don't want to use a mouse and keyboard then continue on as you have with the controller.
See You Space Cowboy...
Paul Laserbeam
Paul Laserbeam
Posted on 16 November 18 at 07:50
plugged in my mouse and keyboard, launched warframe, nothing worked...
How do I do?
Paul Laserbeam
Paul Laserbeam
Posted on 16 November 18 at 07:54
just dawned on me that I may not have the update, nvm
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 16 November 18 at 11:15
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Same here, doubt I'll ever use it as I don't want to given how physically restirctive it is - much easier to use a controller. Some games will definitely benefit from keyboard and mouse but as long as players are kept separate in online games based on their input devices that's fine by me.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Hydrolex
Hydrolex
Posted on 16 November 18 at 11:54
Smallville2106 said:
rocking23nf said:
anyone else having this issue for the last month where when they turn on their xbox it will say "cannot sign you in, sign in using a controller", at which point sometimes I can sign in, but usually I have to go to menu and restart console?
Yeah I have this also. Not every time I turn on but enough times that it cheeses me off.
Same here but for me it gets better, seems to be a xbox live problem.

another problem i have is, that my dashboard color is mixed up everytime i start the console the first time of the day. half of the dash is my color blue and the other half is standard green.

i need to change it manually or restart console. very annoying...
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 16 November 18 at 15:57, Edited on 16 November 18 at 16:09 by Stinky Big Buds
Meh I still use the controller that come with my 1X, I might get a controller with paddles next but mkb is not for me.

I'm still confident i'll do well, where as I don't see the point I don't see a problem either. I think (i'm by no means sure here) for example, you can do 360 in tanks in BF4 on PC in the air, but that isn't possible on console because it isn't possible in the console game version the tanks just don't do that, no matter how much you tweak the mouse/xim settings. Like OP's have said I doubt they will mix mkb players with controller players anyway.

Edit to contradict my last point, there could be a problem if not enough people adopt mkb though, they may be forced to mix em up. People won't be happy spending £100's on mkb only to be put in a room with 12/100 players, they complain and then they are forced to mix it up.
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 16 November 18 at 16:30
A new age for strategy games on consoles - Port over the entire AOE series! clap

I want to see Starcraft on Console dance
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 November 18 at 17:09
I hope Alexa is canny we' Scottish accents wink
In a room full of emptiness
Battery000
Battery000
Posted on 17 November 18 at 17:21
Warcraft 3, Starcraft, WoW... I won’t be surprised if blizzard are all over this.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 17 November 18 at 20:03
RuneScape on console please
See You Space Cowboy...
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 18 November 18 at 00:35
Some people finna get salty.
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.