The TrueAchievements Podcast

Forum for discussing the TrueAchievements Podcast - show feedback and new ideas

TGN Podcast: X018 Reaction, PlayStation Skipping E3 2019 and More

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic629,998
  • eayragteayragt320,335
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 21:43
    It's not on YouTube:(

Did have a listen though on the site. Mixer stickers will never not be annoying warning
    Say everything with a smile
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,711,497
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 21:55
    Skipping E3 is new hipster thing to do laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • DariusDaSnepDariusDaSnep508,744
    Posted on 16 November 18 at 22:01
    im working on so many games and yet so many more indies to play my wallet will be working
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 18 at 02:08
    Another great episode.
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,508,057
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 05:00
    Much to discuss!
  • ZNMSZNMS462,484
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 09:31
    Shinnizle said:
    Skipping E3 is the new hipster thing to do.
    Very true. Just look at Nintendo.
    #1 in the world for Laser kills in the Halo Reach - Anniversary BTB playlist (Halotracker.com)
  • PoiaPoia546,164
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 09:38
    If everyone choose to have his own conference hall how the E3 will survive? There will be a chance that E3 will became less important each years.
    I dealt with exhibition during my working life and I know how much expensive they can be but I also know that if you miss a year or if you change booth position, other partners will notice it and it is usually interpreted as a form of weakness or crisis of the company. Surely keeping one's own event is just as expensive and probably all speculations will be dampened when sony will announce their plans. In the meantime it a pity because E3 was the event that every player is waiting for, all news gathered in the same place and time.
  • TiimiTiimi62,585
    Posted on 17 November 18 at 11:12, Edited on 17 November 18 at 11:13 by Tiimi
    Sony skipping out huh.

Can't wait to get back to Final Fantasy XIII on X1 and finaly completing it.
  • Posted on 18 November 18 at 00:05
    I’m shocked Sony is skipping E3. It’s such a great event where everyone can go and show off for their future. My initial thought is they just don’t have a ton to show for next year. I think it’s bad for Sony and it’s definitely bad for E3. I don’t even own a PlayStation and I watched their E3 show just to see what games they’ve been working on.
  • Posted on 19 November 18 at 02:58
    I approve of new studios, but the best way to close the exclusive gap is to put serious effort into Japan. Everyone points to Sonys 1st party games, and rightly so, but by not making an effort in Japan Microsoft concedes tons of 3rd party exclusives to Sony by default. They tried over a 3 or 4 year span when the 360 launched and gamers saw the benefits that whole generation, If they stuck with it they would be in a much better position than they are now.
    In short, XO18 was pretty good.. I'll be impressed when they have a blockbuster TGS.
    Great podcast guys.
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,298,879
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 09:56, Edited on 19 November 18 at 09:57 by MakeMeACoffee
    Winter of arcarde and Hellblade coming to gamepass were the only bits I really cared for from X018
  • FamicorpsFamicorps867,353
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 12:15
    I’m hyped for winter of Arcade. I hope we get great titles.
  • Posted on 20 November 18 at 03:00
    Waiting to play Hellblade. December can't come soon enough
  • mfeforevermfeforever1,211,273
    Posted on 20 November 18 at 05:46
    Yes, please!
    There is no such thing as too competitive. ;-)
  • TwinmoldXTwinmoldX481,681
    Posted on 20 November 18 at 10:26
    Cant Wait to play Hellblade clap
  • SpaceMoSpiffSpaceMoSpiff513,192
    Posted on 20 November 18 at 22:25
    All these Game Pass additions, I'll never get to play everything I want, and that's a good thing!
  • triplepowtriplepow219,894
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 10:27
    Found the guesses and actuals of the XO18 hilarious and great - why would anyone not have game pass?
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,678,187
    Posted on 22 November 18 at 15:48, Edited on 22 November 18 at 15:48 by ChewieOnIce
    Nice to hear Jack again but hope that Sam's internet woes are sorted out soon too.

Although it was a good thing for Microsoft to do XO18 I was still hoping for that one big shock announcement, which didnt really materialise for me. It was all good but nothing that couldn't be covered through regular news channels, Inside Xbox etc. New DLC, GamesPass additions, a couple of trailers and some acquisitions aren't BIG news. Maybe I was just too hopeful of a shock Splinter Cell or Fable reveal.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,298,879
    Posted on 22 November 18 at 16:09
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Nice to hear Jack again but hope that Sam's internet woes are sorted out soon too.

Although it was a good thing for Microsoft to do XO18 I was still hoping for that one big shock announcement, which didnt really materialise for me. It was all good but nothing that couldn't be covered through regular news channels, Inside Xbox etc. New DLC, GamesPass additions, a couple of trailers and some acquisitions aren't BIG news. Maybe I was just too hopeful of a shock Splinter Cell or Fable reveal.
    The biggest disappointment was probably the humble bundle tweet which turned out to be a big fat nothing
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.