Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Eternal Card Game Achievement List Revealed

• CalrethiCalrethi84,976
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 14:47
    Sadly don’t seem to be unlocking if you previously earned them 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant568,535
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 15:17
    First time I’ve ever heard of this but I like the genre. Anyone played this before and can shed light on it? Noticed that it’s free so hoping it’s not a 200 hour game.
  • CalrethiCalrethi84,976
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 15:25
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    First time I’ve ever heard of this but I like the genre. Anyone played this before and can shed light on it? Noticed that it’s free so hoping it’s not a 200 hour game.
    The game is brilliant, it is very free to play friendly
    Plays a lot like Magic:The Gathering, but using the advantages of digital so effects can alter cards in your deck etc.
    Very deep strategy.

Completion time could be long though, depending on how good you are at CCGs, getting to Master in draft isn’t easy, it will take a decent understanding of the format and a chunk of gold saved up (or real money) but is achievable-(ive done it on steam)

The rest of the list isn’t too bad, a few are down to randomness but it would be impossible not get them while going for the Masters achievements.

It has crossplay with ios/andriod as well, so assuming they fix the current issue of achievements not popping if you already have them in-game means you can work towards it on your commute etc
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard1,222,796
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 15:32
    So how quick will it be to boost the ranked stuff?
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant568,535
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 15:34
    Calrethi said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Plays a lot like Magic:The Gathering, but using the advantages of digital so effects can alter cards in your deck etc.
    Very deep strategy.

Completion time could be long though, depending on how good you are at CCGs, getting to Master in draft isn’t easy, it will take a decent understanding of the format and a chunk of gold saved up (or real money) but is achievable-(ive done it on steam)

The rest of the list isn’t too bad, a few are down to randomness but it would be impossible not get them while going for the Masters achievements.

It has crossplay with ios/andriod as well, so assuming they fix the current issue of achievements not popping if you already have them in-game means you can work towards it on your commute etc
    Thanks.
  • Posted on 21 November 18 at 15:49
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Calrethi said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Very deep strategy.

Thanks.
    Also thanks, answered what I was going to ask, I love MTG, so might give this a run on a dummy to see how it plays, if I like it, will start over on my main :)
  • CalrethiCalrethi84,976
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 15:52
    Lord Von Chimp said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Calrethi said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Very deep strategy.

Thanks.
    Also thanks, answered what I was going to ask, I love MTG, so might give this a run on a dummy to see how it plays, if I like it, will start over on my main :)
    If you love Mtg you will adore Eternal
    The dev team has Hall of Famers like LSV and Pat Chapin and pros like Matt Nass, Patrick Sullivan, Conely Woods so the quality of the minds behind it shows through.
  • Posted on 21 November 18 at 16:03
    Never heard of it either... The lst looks challenging and hard to boost with all this ranked stuff.
  • CalrethiCalrethi84,976
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 16:07
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Never heard of it either... The lst looks challenging and hard to boost with all this ranked stuff.
    You can’t boost anything, you have to earn them on your own.
    It is the draft ones that are the toughest.

Just found out from the head of DireWolf that they weren’t allowed to have them ping if you have previously earned them, which is just crap, Seems like I would have to start from scratch on a new account to get them, which after playing for over a year and spending loads of money doesn’t seem worth it
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard1,222,796
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 16:36
    Calrethi said:
    Mannschaft570 said:

Just found out from the head of DireWolf that they weren’t allowed to have them ping if you have previously earned them, which is just crap, Seems like I would have to start from scratch on a new account to get them, which after playing for over a year and spending loads of money doesn’t seem worth it
    What do you mean when you say you can't boost anything? Is the PvP not against actual people? Is it like Lies of Astaroth or Gems of War where you play against other people's decks but not actually against a person playing?

Because if you're interacting with another player, I don't understand why you can't have a dummy account play you and you win. Or trade wins to level each up if it's true skill. Hope you shed some light on this since I want to understand what I'm in for before I start it.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch812,154
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 16:38
    Calrethi said:
    Mannschaft570 said:

But will it pop if you meet the requirements now on iOS and then load it up on Xbox/Windows? I signed up on iOS but haven't really done anything other than the first battle it starts you in.
  • LordMakanakiLordMakanaki2,045,026
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 17:14
    Achievements look prohibitive especially if collections will carry over.
  • CalrethiCalrethi84,976
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 17:46
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    Calrethi said:
    Mannschaft570 said:

What do you mean when you say you can't boost anything? Is the PvP not against actual people? Is it like Lies of Astaroth or Gems of War where you play against other people's decks but not actually against a person playing?

Because if you're interacting with another player, I don't understand why you can't have a dummy account play you and you win. Or trade wins to level each up if it's true skill. Hope you shed some light on this since I want to understand what I'm in for before I start it.
    You can’t play against friends in any of the modes that matter for achievements
    Ranked and Draft are pvp based on your currentrank and mmr
    Forge is against AI.

Literally nothing can be boosted other than “cast all 5 scions” but that is just as easy in the AI modes
  • CalrethiCalrethi84,976
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 17:48
    LordMakanaki said:
    Achievements look prohibitive especially if collections will carry over.
    Not sure what you mean, it has cross progression so you could play against people who have bigger collections, but that wont effect your ability to unlock achievements.

Existing players like me are screwed though- had it confirmed I can’t get any of the achievements with my existing account at all.
    Would have to start a fresh account to be able to get them, and it looks like only play on xbox
  • CalrethiCalrethi84,976
    Posted on 21 November 18 at 17:49
    Mike Pitch said:
    Calrethi said:
    Mannschaft570 said:

But will it pop if you meet the requirements now on iOS and then load it up on Xbox/Windows? I signed up on iOS but haven't really done anything other than the first battle it starts you in.
    I have asked that, not had a responce yet.

I am assuming that they won’t pop though, to be safe I would stick to the windows and xbox versions for now 🤦🏽‍♂️
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.