Game Discussion: Eternal Card Game Forum

Achievements & Mobile

AuthorMessage
Our Afflictions
Posted on 23 November 18 at 22:15
Anyone know how achievements work if I play on mobile as well as console? Will the achievements pop once I sign into the Eternal account on Xbox?
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 24 November 18 at 00:17
Probably not, but I don’t know. Saw someone say they’ve been playing for a year on other platforms and the dev said that they weren’t allowed by Microsoft to auto pop achievements for players who completed the requirements on other platforms. Again, don’t know for sure, but probably best to finish and unlock while playing the Xbox version so you don’t lock yourself out of achievements.
Game On.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 24 November 18 at 01:04
I saw that too but was wondering if it was because they couldn't log into an existing account in the console. I wonder if you can login to one made on the console elsewhere and then it'll sync across both platforms.

Guess I'll stick to console only and Hearthstone on my phone until we hear something new
vladimirthedude
Posted on 26 March 19 at 19:05
I mostly play on my phone and I couldn't get the Ranked achievements to pop. (I've gotten Gold the past few months with no achievement) I finally did the other day though. You have to rank up while playing on the xbox. My achievement popped after I finished the match on Xbox that pushed me from Gold I to Diamond III.
vSully
vSully
Posted on 02 April 19 at 04:25
Someone on Reddit says that if you meet an achievement requirement on mobile (say for destroying a 50th site), then you won't be able to get the achievement ever. So you can make progress on mobile as long as you meet the requirement on xbox.
Freamwhole
Freamwhole
Posted on 14 May 19 at 19:57
I got burned on the Pledge achievement. Unlocked on my phone (wasn't paying attention) - I tweeted the developer and they responded:

"Achievements earned elsewhere can’t be unlocked again on Xbox. However, Achievements unlocked on Xbox will transfer over to your other account. For example, if you earn “Ranked: Silver” on Android, you can’t unlock that Achievement on Xbox. You can, however, unlock “Ranked: Gold” on Xbox, and that will be earned on your Android account. If you have further questions, email us at support@direwolfdigital.com."
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 15 May 19 at 10:44
Looks like you can get screwed even playing on xbox, I unlocked the shift achievement in game but the xbox tracker is only 97% and wont progress anymore...
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 20 May 19 at 22:14
Freamwhole said:
I got burned on the Pledge achievement. Unlocked on my phone (wasn't paying attention) - I tweeted the developer and they responded:

{#}Achievements earned elsewhere can’t be unlocked again on Xbox. However, Achievements unlocked on Xbox will transfer over to your other account. For example, if you earn “Ranked: Silver” on Android, you can’t unlock that Achievement on Xbox. You can, however, unlock “Ranked: Gold” on Xbox, and that will be earned on your Android account. If you have further questions, email us at support@direwolfdigital.com.{#}
I have tried to warn people about this.

You can sort it however.

Make a new eternal account, desync your main account from your xbox live account and sync the new one.
Sit and pledge until you unlock that achievement.
Desync/resync to be back on your main account.

I had to do this for the entire base game achievements as I had earned them all a long time before the xbox version released so it does work
Freamwhole
Freamwhole
Posted on 21 May 19 at 13:34
I was wondering if that would work - thankfully Pledging is pretty easy - I'm nervous about my Amplifying 100 times that didn't pop yet - I unlocked it on my laptop which was working great before, but it may have an issue there too.
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 22 May 19 at 08:48
Calrethi said:
Freamwhole said:

"Achievements earned elsewhere can’t be unlocked again on Xbox. However, Achievements unlocked on Xbox will transfer over to your other account. For example, if you earn “Ranked: Silver” on Android, you can’t unlock that Achievement on Xbox. You can, however, unlock “Ranked: Gold” on Xbox, and that will be earned on your Android account. If you have further questions, email us at support@direwolfdigital.com."
I have tried to warn people about this.

You can sort it however.

Make a new eternal account, desync your main account from your xbox live account and sync the new one.
Sit and pledge until you unlock that achievement.
Desync/resync to be back on your main account.

I had to do this for the entire base game achievements as I had earned them all a long time before the xbox version released so it does work
Thanks for this, had no idea you could do that. Took over 3 hours just for 3% smh. Why not just tie the achievements to the actions instead of the in game miletones? That way you could earn them on xbox if you already did them elsewhere without jumping through hoops.
Freamwhole
Freamwhole
Posted on 22 May 19 at 14:50
Agreed, I asked about that - or even resetting my data to 29 out of 30 for pledges (for example).

I plan to continue to ask - this is a pretty silly thing to be happening.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 30 May 19 at 20:45
JumboWario said:
...the dev said that they weren’t allowed by Microsoft to auto pop achievements for players who completed the requirements on other platforms.
Which is bogus because plenty of other games (including 1st party MS games) do exactly that.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.