Talk about TrueAchievements Forum

General chat about all things TA

Is the site going to get any worse?

AuthorMessage
Kerman7
Kerman7
Posted on 24 November 18 at 14:56
TA has always been pretty bad at plastering ads all over the place, but it also used to be pretty good at managing what was 'acceptable' and what wasn't.
In the past year however, this seems to have gone out of the window.

TA is now a site that makes my CPU and memory usage shoot through the roof. The only website to does that too. So whilst I used to have it pinned and always ready, it has now been relegated to a secondary bookmark.

Making money is its goal as a way to earn a living, but maybe don't forget the community and user experience as well.
Personally I'll now be considering my options. All good things must come to an end?..
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 24 November 18 at 20:13
Buy pro.
Living Legends
Posted on 25 November 18 at 04:09
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Buy pro.
+1
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 25 November 18 at 08:51
I forget TA has ads, been so long......

+1
3 Aussies talking about gaming, gamerscore and news! http://realgamerscore.com/
Our Afflictions
Posted on 25 November 18 at 11:10
Nothings coming to an end lmao... get pro, or use the report AD feature if something is being too intrusive.

Good luck with your other "options"
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 28 November 18 at 23:47, Edited on 28 November 18 at 23:48 by Stevo6483
Got to say the new pop-up ads that have started appearing on every page recently are really pissing me off. I can handle the ones down the side/top of the page but pop-ups are taking the piss. And no, I'm not paying for pro just to block ads. I appreciate the site has to make money but does it have to be via such an intrusive/disruptive method?
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
Our Afflictions
Posted on 29 November 18 at 03:33
Use the report ad feature for anything intrusive, that's why it's there.
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 29 November 18 at 07:52
Stevo6483 said:
Got to say the new pop-up ads that have started appearing on every page recently are really pissing me off. I can handle the ones down the side/top of the page but pop-ups are taking the piss. And no, I'm not paying for pro just to block ads. I appreciate the site has to make money but does it have to be via such an intrusive/disruptive method?
+1
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 30 November 18 at 01:13
Our Afflictions said:
Doesn't seem to be on option with these new popup ones otherwise I would have done that already.
Living Legends
Posted on 30 November 18 at 01:26
Stevo6483 said:
Our Afflictions said:
Doesn't seem to be on option with these new popup ones otherwise I would have done that already.
There is a thread dedicated for ad issues. TA then finds the issues and fixes them
Our Afflictions
Posted on 30 November 18 at 06:45
Also, not sure how the menu under Report Ad doesn't work for any ad.

(Main Menu dropdown -> Report Ad)
Stevo6483
Stevo6483
Posted on 01 December 18 at 19:11, Edited on 01 December 18 at 19:12 by Stevo6483
Our Afflictions said:
Also, not sure how the menu under Report Ad doesn't work for any ad.

(Main Menu dropdown -> Report Ad)
Ah, thought you were on about the Ad Choices thing or whatever it's called that usually appears with adds. Hadn't realised there was a section on TA for it. Will give it a shot, though it isn't one particular advert. Cheers
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.